PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Sosa helping children?

irish rover
01-28-2002, 06:39 PM
At least that is what some cub fans were telling themselves as to why he didn't go to thier convention, of course if Frank did this he would have been villified
from Latinosportslegends.com

"Sammy Sosa on Caribbean tour with his new yacht

January 4, 2002 -- Dominican slugger, Sammy Sosa of the Chicago Cubs is vacationing in his new 150 foot yacht around the Caribbean with his first stop being Puerto Rico.

"When I bought my yacht, I told my everyone I wanted to visit all the Caribbean islands," said Sosa during a press conference in Puerto Rico. "It's been a while since I've been around here."

Sosa wear number 21 in tribute to his idol, the great Roberto Clemente, who he always thinks of when he's on the island of Puerto Rico. "I'm proud and honored to wear number 21 after Roberto Clemente," said Sosa.

Sosa who is traveling with younger brother, Josť Antonio and others, enjoyed the trip and was all smiles despite arriving several hours late because of taking a longer route. "All I know is how to hit a baseball" said Sosa about his lengthy trip.

Sosa is expected to stay three days in Puerto Rico before sailing down to St. Thomas. During his stay, he* will meet governor Sila Calderon and other government officials."

RichH55
01-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
At least that is what some cub fans were telling themselves as to why he didn't go to thier convention, of course if Frank did this he would have been villified
from Latinosportslegends.com

"Sammy Sosa on Caribbean tour with his new yacht

January 4, 2002 -- Dominican slugger, Sammy Sosa of the Chicago Cubs is vacationing in his new 150 foot yacht around the Caribbean with his first stop being Puerto Rico.

"When I bought my yacht, I told my everyone I wanted to visit all the Caribbean islands," said Sosa during a press conference in Puerto Rico. "It's been a while since I've been around here."

Sosa wear number 21 in tribute to his idol, the great Roberto Clemente, who he always thinks of when he's on the island of Puerto Rico. "I'm proud and honored to wear number 21 after Roberto Clemente," said Sosa.

Sosa who is traveling with younger brother, Josť Antonio and others, enjoyed the trip and was all smiles despite arriving several hours late because of taking a longer route. "All I know is how to hit a baseball" said Sosa about his lengthy trip.

Sosa is expected to stay three days in Puerto Rico before sailing down to St. Thomas. During his stay, he* will meet governor Sila Calderon and other government officials."

lol...these almost sound like made-up quotes by Sox fans...good stuff

bjmarte
01-29-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

I'm sure Sammy has taken it upon himself to bring some underprivelidged teenaged girls on his boat to *COUGH* help them.

:shammy
"I would like to give them an experience like they have never had"

CLR01
01-29-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Not even a sox fan could come up with better sammy quotes than the man himself. The guy is just a putz. OFcourse the media will just pass it off as false or say he was resting up to help push the cubs into the world series.

voodoochile
01-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Well at least he isn't beating his wife or stealing from his charity at the moment...

baby steps, fellas... baby steps...

cheeses_h_rice
01-29-2002, 12:21 PM
150-foot yacht = phallic extension.

What an ass.

alohafri
01-30-2002, 08:12 PM
:chimp

He was helping children. I was with him when he pulled them in from the shark infested waters around the Bahamas. It was amazing!