PDA

View Full Version : It is time for Jim Thome & Mark Buehrle to Go!

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Thome has hit only one home run in the last eight games and his average has dropped over 50 points into the .200s. I think they should either bring someone up from the minors to replace him or Kenny should scan the waiver wires and they should plug in Ozuna in the interim who is hitting close to .200 points higher and can play smallball as well. Ozuna would be a HUGE improvement over the base clogging slug.

Also, dump Buehrle who hasn't won since mid April and seen his ERA nearly double since then. Let McCarthy take his place in the rotation or package Thome and Buehrle for an Ace like Jaret Wright, Matt Clement or Estaban Loaiza or maybe we can throw in Konerko and land a Kerry Wood or a Carl Pavano.

Kenny Williams NEEDS to do something to shake up and improve the team before it is too late.

PLEASE KENNY - IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SALVAGE THE SEASON!!!

cbotnyse
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
did you forget the teal? :?:

bigsoxfan420
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
I agree completely. What the hell is wrong with this team? Can't we get Aaron Rowand back. And who is this Buehrle guy, he can't buy an out.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Maybe. :wink:

skottyj242
05-03-2006, 11:49 AM

No teal required.

SOXintheBURGH
05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
:roflmao:

jenn2080
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Is this for real?!?!? Ef it might as well get rid of Uribe too. Dont forget about Garland!

daveeym
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Also, trade Crede while his value's high. He'll always suck.

cbotnyse
05-03-2006, 11:55 AM
and we should just release that injury prone, overrated jerk Dye

Rooney4Prez56
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Also, dump Buehrle who hasn't won since mid April and seen his ERA nearly double since then. Let McCarthy take his place in the rotation or package Thome and Buehrle for an Ace like Jaret Wright, Matt Clement or Estaban Loaiza or maybe we can throw in Konerko and land a Kerry Wood or a Carl Pavano.

How could you forget Zambrano? Victor, that is.

FedEx227
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I'd love to get a model citizen to platoon for us, maybe a Barry Bonds or Milton Bradley?

Do you think the Giants would take Sweeney, Anderson, Garland, Owens and McCarthy for Bonds? We can pay all the salary too.

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
No, no, no!! You're ALL wrong! The problem is with the loudmouthed, loose cannon manager and that lousy GM. Kenny needs to fire both of them.

Oh, wait.... :tongue:

bayzbol44
05-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Bring back the white flag!
I think drug testing should be enforced before threads are started. :cool:

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
http://www.lepconnie.com/pics/other/starburst324c.jpg
"This season will end in tears."

White Sox Randy
I would bring Albert Belle back - you know he can still rake. And, he'll put people in the seats.

As far as the rotation goes, I would not hesitate to fill Buehrle's slot with Danny Wright. He never got a fair chance and he throws harder than Buehrle.

spiffie
HA! I get it! You're being sarcastic and lampooning the posts that question the value of a guy who is hitting .140 by saying the same things about All-star players at the major league level! OMGROTFLMAOWTFBBQACRONYM~!

I love the cycle of things on the internet, no matter what the subject is:

1. Something happens.
2. Someone complains about it.
3. Someone complains about the complaining about it.
4. Someone complains about the people complaining about the complaining.
5. The Horsemaster weighs in with his thoughts.
6. Everyone ends up arguing with each other over which side is more annoying until something else happens and the cycle begins anew.

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Agree with everything except plugging McCarthy in. He's given up seven runs in his last three appearances.

He's got to go too.

Maybe we could get a deal from the Flubs, I hear they have a guy who is 5-0.

daveeym
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
HA! I get it! You're being sarcastic and lampooning the posts that question the value of a guy who is hitting .140 by saying the same things about All-star players at the major league level! OMGROTFLMAOWTFBBQACRONYM~!

1. Something happens.
6. Everyone ends up arguing with each other over which side is more annoying until something else happens and the cycle begins anew. And then someone comes along and posts the obvious cycle. :cool: I did get a little giddy thinking of the horsemaster.

lumpyspun
05-03-2006, 12:08 PM
If we had 80 wins last year and missed the playoffs, this thread would be for real...:smile:

StockdaleForVeep
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I would bring Albert Belle back - you know he can still rake. And, he'll put people in the seats.

As far as the rotation goes, I would not hesitate to fill Buehrle's slot with Danny Wright. He never got a fair chance and he throws harder than Buehrle.
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/2004_Baseball_Action/WhiteSox/Images/AlomarSandy01.JPG
"Bo knows whitesox baseball"
http://www.juegomania.org/Bo+Jackson+Baseball/fotos/nes/0/115_t/Foto+Bo+Jackson+Baseball.jpg

Iwritecode
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.lepconnie.com/pics/other/starburst324c.jpg
"This season will end in tears."

Well last year's did.

It was the champagne though!!! :cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 12:23 PM

Don't forget first base coaches. :rolleyes:

We are a few weeks into the season. I know the short term thinking in America keeps shrinking (I think the current time is 2.7 seconds maximum wait for complete satisfaction or forget it). A couple of weeks is not enough time to pull the plug on a player or a plan. I'm glad Ozzie and Kenny have patience. :thumbsup:

credefan24
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Bring back Borchard.:tongue:

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Don't forget first base coaches. :rolleyes:

We are a few weeks into the season. I know the short term thinking in America keeps shrinking (I think the current time is 2.7 seconds maximum wait for complete satisfaction or forget it). A couple of weeks is not enough time to pull the plug on a player or a plan. I'm glad Ozzie and Kenny have patience. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for someone to come along and think this is a serious discussion. :unsure:

ja1022
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
This team could use a little Everett and Alomar. Pure baseball magic, baby.
One game losing streaks cannot be tolerated.

SoxFan76
05-03-2006, 12:31 PM

1. Something happens.
6. Everyone ends up arguing with each other over which side is more annoying until something else happens and the cycle begins anew.

:rolleyes:

Those people complaining about Anderson apparently haven't been paying attention to his defense and are ignoring the fact that he's a ROOKIE and he's not going to tear the cover off the ball right away. He's a good player, but he ain't no Pujols.

Ol' No. 2
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Thome has hit only one home run in the last eight games and his average has dropped over 50 points into the .200s. I think they should either bring someone up from the minors to replace him or Kenny should scan the waiver wires and they should plug in Ozuna in the interim who is hitting close to .200 points higher and can play smallball as well. Ozuna would be a HUGE improvement over the base clogging slug.

Kenny Williams NEEDS to do something to shake up and improve the team before it is too late.

PLEASE KENNY - IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SALVAGE THE SEASON!!!Keep this up and you might get an offer from the Cubune for the Sox beat job.:redneck

comiskey2000
05-03-2006, 12:35 PM
BEST THREAD EVER....good humor is hard to find...This thread is hilarious

kittle42
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to come along and think this is a serious discussion. :unsure:

It'll happen.

gobears1987
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Homefish says yes to the question posed in the title.

HITMEN OF 77
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
The Sox have just signed Jose Canseco, Royce Clayton and Jamie Navarro.

DumpJerry
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey gang, this thread is not too far removed from reality. A buddy of mine was at O'Hare yesterday shortly after the Sox got back from Cleveland. He heard Kenny's Assistant GM on the cell phone in the taxi line firming up a deal of Contreras and Crede for Randy Johnson and Canu.

Interesting............

Soxfanspcu11
05-03-2006, 12:43 PM

Wait.............are you saying that this discussion is not serious???:?:

Sarah
05-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I totally laughed out loud when I saw the title of this post...

skobabe8
05-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Also, even though Clemens is available, he is washed up and over the hill. I would prefer Kenny to trade/send down Buehrle and go after Jaime Navarro.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey gang, this thread is not too far removed from reality. A buddy of mine was at O'Hare yesterday shortly after the Sox got back from Cleveland. He heard Kenny's Assistant GM on the cell phone in the taxi line firming up a deal of Contreras and Crede for Randy Johnson and Canu.

Interesting............

Seriously?

:roflmao:

Dan Mega
05-03-2006, 12:50 PM
This is my personal statistical analysis of the possibility of the Sox repeating with their current roster (the blue line) as opposed to if they dumped Thome and Buehrle, freeing up space to sign Jose Valentin and Dan Wright (the red line).

http://www.geocities.com/mr_patriots/Chart.bmp

Dan Mega
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Schucks, I made a chart for everyone to see, but it won't post:(:

edit: and now it works again

Hitmen77
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I think it's about time the Sox brought back this guy. He can take over for injury prone Dye in RF or he could be an upgrade over Thome. End the Dye experiment NOW!

:shammy
"Hey, I'm only a phone call away. I love Chicago and Chicago loves me. I would put more fans into the seats of your empty ballpark."

skobabe8
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Schucks, I made a chart for everyone to see, but it won't post:(:

edit: and now it works again

I saw it first time around, but now I cant see it.

Hope it gets fixed cuz it was hilarious!

salty99
05-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I would also plug in Mike Caruso and john Kruk in the lineup as well!!! Oh yeah and don't forget to trade 16 prospects for Carl Everett

churlish
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Is this whole thread suppose to be sarcastic?

lumpyspun
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I would also plug in Mike Caruso and john Kruk in the lineup as well!!! Oh yeah and don't forget to trade 16 prospects for Carl Everett

Kruk can't operate on the diamond properly without Harold Reynolds and Jeff Brantley, so we'll have to take them too as a package deal. We'd have to give ESPN Singleton and Farmer in order to make this trade a reality...

spiffie
05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
You're all missing the two guys who can salvage this year:
:XL

I'll anchor the rotation and call out people with fake injuries.

:bkoch:

The bullpen is now in good hands.

Hawkeroo1980
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
posts like this are something i'd expect to see in the off-season.

For all the critisism that new people get when they post here...(this should be posted here, this thread sucks, dark clouds, blah blah)....there sure is a lot of hipocracy going on between the "vets".

Lets keep it civil.....there are enough ass-grabbing threads on here.

Tekijawa
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I personally think the Green Seats have lead to our .500 record in May so far. And does anyone else miss the comfort of a steep upperdeck?

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 01:52 PM
posts like this are something i'd expect to see in the off-season.

For all the critisism that new people get when they post here...(this should be posted here, this thread sucks, dark clouds, blah blah)....there sure is a lot of hipocracy going on between the "vets".

Lets keep it civil.....there are enough ass-grabbing threads on here.
This is a satirical thread. How is it hypocritical? :?:

SoxFanPrope
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
What's Roberto Alomar up to these days?

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Keep this up and you might get an offer from the Cubune for the Sox beat job.:redneck

If he adds a comment about Juan Pierre, he's in. :cool:

Fabs
05-03-2006, 01:57 PM
don't forget, we need to bring Marte back.
And heck, while we're at it, Shingo.
:?:

Jjav829
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
<Insert random sarcastic post saying that we should get rid of a good player while continuing to beat the joke to death> :smile:

Soxfanspcu11
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
What's Roberto Alomar up to these days?

He handed me my food at the White Castle drive-thru the other night.

HitMan_naMtiH
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
why should they get rid of Thome?? He's has one of the lowest AB counts for a DH and has been walked the most out of everybody on the team!! For what we gave up for Thome was nothin.

In the American League Thome is:
-3rd in home runs
-6th in RBI's
-2nd in runs
-9th in slugging percentage

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Takatsu is 1-1 with a 10.50 ERA giving up 7 runs on 5 hits, walking six and striking out 3.

Keep in mind, Yakult is currently in fourth place at 10-14.

Since we are talking about revamping the pitching staff,

WE NEED SHINGO BACK !!!

or should that be

Takatsu-san kaerette onegaishimasu !!!!!

MarySwiss
Originally Posted by MarySwiss

It'll happen.

:rolleyes:

0o0o0
You're all missing the two guys who can salvage this year:
:XL

:rwhite:

"Hey, where he goes I go."

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 02:14 PM
why should they get rid of Thome?? He's has one of the lowest AB counts for a DH and has been walked the most out of everybody on the team!! For what we gave up for Thome was nothin.

In the American League Thome is:
-3rd in home runs
-6th in RBI's
-2nd in runs
-9th in slugging percentage

Attn Mary Swiss. I believe we have a winner!!!

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Grab his ass! :cool:

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM

Yep!

gbergman
05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
he is a noob to this site.

Who is this horsemaster that i keep hearing about he sounds like a classy guy?

soxfanatlanta
05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
We should trade churros, Sweeny an Fields for some soy milk stands. I bet Kenny could pull that off.

I <heart> hyperbole.

HitMan_naMtiH
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes I am a noob but i only post when it is necessary.

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
We should trade churros, Sweeny an Fields for some soy milk stands. I bet Kenny could pull that off.

I <heart> hyperbole.

If we are trading to gets Takatsu back, then perhaps we could also get some of the fried octopus stands from Yakult's home ground. Nothing like fresh octopus and cold beer at the ballpark.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM

I <heart> hyperbole.

The only untouchable in trade talks is M & M Guy!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1128644683 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&d=1128644683)

MarySwiss
If we are trading to gets Takatsu back, then perhaps we could also get some of the fried octopus stands from Yakult's home ground. Nothing like fresh octopus and cold beer at the ballpark.
:puking:

ondafarm

I believe he meant newbie, just referencing your paucity of posts. Post a few slurs against the minor league team which plays on the north side of Chicago and all will be fine.

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by HitMan_naMtiH

I believe he meant newbie, just referencing your paucity of posts. Post a few slurs against the minor league team which plays on the north side of Chicago and all will be fine.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Oh BTW, HitMan_naMtiH

:welcome:

soxfanatlanta
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM

Or

Sweeny for Sushi!

Has a nice ring to it, no?

HitMan_naMtiH
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks guys :bandance: :bandance:

gbergman
05-03-2006, 02:29 PM
who is the horsemaster?

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 02:30 PM
:puking:

I'll put you down as luke-warm on my suggestion.

Cephalopod: the other, other, other white meat.

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
who is the horsemaster?
Horsemaster Fred is a very eccentric poster. Look up his name for samples of his work.

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll put you down as luke-warm on my suggestion.

Cephalopod: the other, other, other white meat.

Well, I like the "cold beer" part! :D:

spiffie
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Horsemaster Fred is a very brilliant and enlightening poster. Look up his name for samples of his work.
That's what you meant to say, wasn't it?

HitMan_naMtiH
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
i forgot to mention on the sox ..Thome has the highest on base percentage..remember stats don't lie

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Horsemaster Fred is a very eccentric poster. Look up his name for samples of his work.

It's not on the members list anymore.

Edit: Although maybe the search engine would help.

gbergman
05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
now i remember the horsemaster what a great guy

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 02:40 PM
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c226o.html

There's a cephalopod coming to dinner tonight, eat it, feed it or be fed to it.

FoulTerritory
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
The greatest thing about this thread is that it is a rage against the necessary use of teal to indicate all sarcasm. Usually, as seen in this thread, context is all that is needed.

I luv pure non-tealed sarcasm.

soxfanatlanta
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Graphs and everything. You are my hero!!!

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 02:52 PM
That's what you meant to say, wasn't it?
I stand corrected. :cool:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2614&stc=1

pythons007
05-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I say we trade Konerko Thome Buehrle Contreras and Pods for a bag of batting practice balls and a couple of used Sammy Sosa "special bats". That is what we need to do to get out of this funk!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SARCASM!

Soxfanspcu11
05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
i forgot to mention on the sox ..Thome has the highest on base percentage..remember stats don't lie

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMib3DVlEotkA2xijzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=120amou7o/EXP=1146773367/**http%3a//www.tiscali.nl/images/0/4/shakira.jpg

"My hips don't either."

EDIT-OOPS! That was supposed to be a picture of Shakira. Don't know what happened. lol. Aren't I so damn creative???

ws05champs
05-03-2006, 03:15 PM
The guy we really need to get rid of is Man Soo Lee. He was in so many of the celebration scenes last year the the players are probably too demoralized to carry on. And wasn't he also involved in the tarp sliding last year? Why hasn't he been punished? Obviously Jerry is showing favorites further demoralizing the team.

And while I'm at it what about Reinsdorf? He should sell the team to a serious owner like the Elmhurst Press.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Viva Medias B's
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
We need M. Jeff.

HotelWhiteSox
05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
He handed me my food at the White Castle drive-thru the other night.

Did he spit in it?

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Did he spit in it?

:rolling:

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM

So, wait. Are you suggesting that we trade Buehrle and Thome for an octopus? That's a horrible trade. We should at least get several octopi---and a squid to be named later. :tongue:

ILuvThatDuck
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Guys, you all have it wrong. The problem is obviously in the announcers booth. This is the reason we cant win this year.:D:

Layla
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned the most obvious solution. It saddens me my fellow Sox fans ignore what is right in front of them.

Obviously, for Buehrle, we need a pitcher with stamina. With a known success. Dare I say it?

Buehrle for Wood. Did you all forget the Wood leads the league in simulated strikeouts? In simulated wins? He is the choice for the simulated Cy Young.

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 04:22 PM
So, wait. Are you suggesting that we trade Buehrle and Thome for an octopus? That's a horrible trade. We should at least get several octopi---and a squid to be named later. :tongue:

I think you fail to consider the advantages of fielding cephalopods as players. Remember, no where in the MLB rules does it specify that the players have to be human.

To begin with, with eight legs, compound eyes and the ability to eject a cloud of ink as a defense mechanism, an octopus would probably be able to throw a baseball with an extremely complex spin on it. Not just a cutter, but a three-fourths cutter and one fourth split-tentacle ball.

Also, if you thought that Dye reached into the stands and made a great play, you ought to see what an eight legged creature could do.

As for the defensive ink, this would tend to take the catcher out of fielding any bunt plays. Here's the pitch, the batter bunts and poof there's an ink cloud covering the catcher, he can't see anything.

Just a thought.

When in doubt, try a cephalopod !!

miker
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Obviously, for Buehrle, we need a pitcher with stamina. With a known success. Dare I say it?...Buehrle for Wood. Did you all forget the Wood leads the league in simulated strikeouts? In simulated wins? He is the choice for the simulated Cy Young.
Wilbur Wood?

It's nice to know that winning our first World Series in 88 years hasn't completely changed the dark sarcasm of being a Sox fan.

ode to veeck
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Yeah, there's way too many pidgens at the Cell

1951Campbell
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM

1. Something happens.

WSI should have 4a: sidebar featuring several grammar posts which add nothing to discussion. :wink:

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I think you fail to consider the advantages of fielding cephalopods as players. Remember, no where in the MLB rules does it specify that the players have to be human.

To begin with, with eight legs, compound eyes and the ability to eject a cloud of ink as a defense mechanism, an octopus would probably be able to throw a baseball with an extremely complex spin on it. Not just a cutter, but a three-fourths cutter and one fourth split-tentacle ball.

Also, if you thought that Dye reached into the stands and made a great play, you ought to see what an eight legged creature could do.

As for the defensive ink, this would tend to take the catcher out of fielding any bunt plays. Here's the pitch, the batter bunts and poof there's an ink cloud covering the catcher, he can't see anything.

Just a thought.

When in doubt, try a cephalopod !!
'farm, ol' pal, you haven't thought this through. What if another team--say, Cleveland--also got an octopus or two? That would make it possible for some less-than-stellar infielder, such as--oh, Aaron Boone--to get a cheap single and then advance to second due to an ink squirt to AJ delivered from the designated cephalopod who followed him to the plate.

Unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.

PicktoCLick72
05-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I just ran into Kenny Williams at the airport and he was saying a three team deal was almost done involving Buehrle, Thome, Josh Fogg, and joe Borchard. So we should be just fine once this goes through.

Layla
05-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Wilbur Wood?

It's nice to know that winning our first World Series in 88 years hasn't completely changed the dark sarcasm of being a Sox fan.

Oh no. We need someone of much higher caliber than Wilbur Wood.

And again, I am dismayed that the so blatant choice is ignored.

Kerry Wood is the Wood I refer too.

After all, are you all forgetting Sports Illustrated named him and Prior in their top ten list?

0o0o0
05-03-2006, 05:48 PM
OMGROTFLMAOWTFBBQACRONYM~!

:roflmao:This would go in my sig if I weren't so lazy

ondafarm
05-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh no. We need someone of much higher caliber than Wilbur Wood.

And again, I am dismayed that the so blatant choice is ignored.

Kerry Wood is the Wood I refer too.

After all, are you all forgetting Sports Illustrated named him and Prior in their top ten list?

Carrie Wood?

Layla
05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Carrie Wood?

Finally, you see the light.:D:

QCIASOXFAN
05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
This is some real comedy.

Blueprint1
05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I really dont understand this? I hope this was a joke. Trade our best pitcher and our DH? What are we talking about here.

batmanZoSo
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
WSI should have 4a: sidebar featuring several grammar posts which add nothing to discussion. :wink:

A comma would be preferred before "which."

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I really dont understand this? I hope this was a joke. Trade our best pitcher and our DH? What are we talking about here.
Blueprint, this is what happens when you come late to the party. If you have time, read the thread. It is one big bunch of teal.

MarySwiss
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by 1951Campbell

A comma would be preferred before "which."

You're right. However, I would substitute "that" for "which." That fix strengthens the sentence and eliminates the need for the extraneous comma.

thomas35forever
05-03-2006, 07:08 PM
We need to sign this guy::ritchie

and send this guy back to Charlotte::jon

ode to veeck
05-03-2006, 07:11 PM

:tealpolice: or you have to be friggin kidding ... ain't gonna happen sorry

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by thomas35forever

ain't gonna happen sorry

Yes he is out of options. To the waiver wire with "Judy" - the sooner the better. And if Thome doesn't hit a homer through the weekend (extending his streak to 13) send him to Oakland with Buehlre for Frank and Loaiza.

ode to veeck
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Yes he is out of options. To the waiver wire with "Judy" - the sooner the better. And if Thome doesn't hit a homer through the weekend (extending his streak to 13) send him to Oakland with Buehlre for Frank and Loaiza.

:tealpolice: you're running up mulitple infractions with the teal police!

buehrle4cy05
05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Now if we had only moved Dye to first, this would have never happened.:redneck

ode to veeck
05-03-2006, 08:34 PM
And if Thome doesn't hit a homer through the weekend (extending his streak to 13) send him to Oakland with Buehlre for Frank and Loaiza.

Does that monster foul ball before the BB here in the 7th count?

ode to veeck
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Dye to First LMAO!

thomas35forever
05-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Here's an idea: let's move Widger to third base so he can help us in tie games in the late innings!

MrRoboto83
05-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Now if we had only moved Dye to first, this would have never happened.:redneck

Dye is better at SS. Widger at 3rd, Dye at Short, Gload at 2B?

Hitmen77
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
End the Ozuna Experiment NOW! :redneck

SouthSide_HitMen
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Initial thread post:

See - I was right all along. Now it is time to find Buehrle's replacement and maybe we will win a few more games.

voodoochile
05-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Who needs a cephalopod, this thread hooked two fish...

I am shocked that no one has mentioned bringing back Danny Wright and Jim Parque. They won't even require us to trade anyone and then we could trade Mark and Jim for the bullpen help we so desperately need.

You think Japan will give us back Shingo?

DaleJRFan
05-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Dye is better at SS. Widger at 3rd, Dye at Short, Gload at 2B?

No way dude... PK is righthanded, put him at 2B, move Iguchi to CF.. Gload at 1B, Dye at SS and Widger at 3B.

DaleJRFan
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM

I am shocked that no one has mentioned bringing back Danny Wright and Jim Parque. They won't even require us to trade anyone and then we could trade Mark and Jim for the bullpen help we so desperately need.

:bkoch:
Don't forget me!

MrRoboto83
05-03-2006, 11:03 PM

I like how you think. Perhaps we could trade Thome to Toronto for Scott Schoeneweis and he can become our #1 starter.

voodoochile
05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I like how you think. Perhaps we could trade Thome to Toronto for Scott Schoeneweis and he can become our #1 starter.

No for Schoenweis, we'd have to throw in Contreras and Paulie... I'd give them Paulie - after all, he is bound to have one seriously bad month sometime this year - but Contreras should be kept because he is the only one who can understand Ozzie...

spiffie
05-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Will we have to get all of Japan to vote on this? Will a majority vote suffice or would be need the unanimous consent of the entire nation of Japan?

ondafarm
05-04-2006, 01:53 AM
What if we trade Jenks, JC, Buehrle and Judy Garland to Detroit for a cephalopod (thus keeping the arm parity) then we send DJ and Iguchi and the cephalopod back to Japan for Shingo and the newest XBox.

Those crazy Japanese just might go for it. We could even throw in case of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Hey, they'd go crazy for the PBR !!!

soxinem1
05-04-2006, 07:05 AM
We've had the same hitting coach for almost three years now. Anderson, Uribe, and all the Sox pitchers are not hitting, so it's time for Walk to go. Plus, Ozuna is hitting .500. If Ozzie cannot see that this kid is better, he needs to go too.

Jeff Pentland is first on my list for replacements for Walk!!

Bring back Terry Bevington!