PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Moments .... for those who visited

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 10:33 AM
This probably was not mentioned in the Chicago papers, but Steve Perry
was on the field before the game Friday nite. I said hello.

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Also, on my flight back, I had the last 2 empty seats in the plane,
and a nice enough guy sat by me, saw my SOX stuff and we talked baseball
the whole way back. I completely forgot his name, but I was able to DASH SOME OF THE MYTHS people had about the SOX and their Fanbase. He apparently did something for the Dodgers and was visiting with Jim Tracy of the Pirates. Gave him good directions to the Westin too :cool:

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Chatting with The Bull during BP before the Friday Game, a lone baseball rolled towards us and sat near the foul line. We continued discussing important SOX matters, when Jim Thome walked by with a glove in hand, ready to shag flies in the outfield. I asked him to toss me the ball, he stopped and looked at me, noticing I was wearing my black SOX jersey, smiles and tosses me the ball in his glove, then tosses me the ball on the grass. Everyone thought that was cool

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Thursday nite, we waited til Midnite to sing Happy BDay to Patbooyah.
That was pretty funny considering it was 2am here, and I was exhausted

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
While Contreras was warming up in the bullpen, I walked over and shouted out some words of encouragement. Another SOX fan a few feet over was doing the same. Contreras smiled a bit knowing we were behind him, and when Art Kusyner signalled to finish up, it was gametime, he grabbed his stuff and looked up towards the both of us who where there, and spotted me first, and motioned to me he was throwing me the ball. COOL I thought,
but as the ball was heading toward me, this witch Angel fan woman jumps up in her seat and snatches the ball inches from my hand. She started whooping that she caught it, and Contreras gave her a dirty look.

That was pretty funny, the little wench.

skottyj242
05-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Were you with Pat at all the games? I saw his dad on Saturday night on t.v. Were you with them?

TheBull
05-03-2006, 12:41 PM
On Friday night's game, I was sitting in the second row down the 1st base line. As Dye ran past us after making the second of his 2 nice catches in the same inning, he flipped the ball to me while I was screaming "great catches JD." Unfortunately the ball tailed a bit and though I pushed through two Angel fans to grab it, the wife gave me an error because it did touch my hand and I did not get the ball. One of my most disappointing moments ever.

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Were you with Pat at all the games? I saw his dad on Saturday night on t.v. Were you with them?

Yeah, I didnt know his old man was there, I dont think they were all sitting together. We tailgated before game Sat and hung out on concourse all those games, Pat was sitting LF foulpole Sat Nite I remember .........

skottyj242
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I didnt know his old man was there, I dont think they were all sitting together. We tailgated before game Sat and hung out on concourse all those games, Pat was sitting LF foulpole Sat Nite I remember .........

I could have sworn I saw him like in what would be their patio area because he was behind a fence.