PDA

View Full Version : Question of sale of Nationals

soxfanatlanta
05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks like the Nationals will finally have an owner announced this Friday

Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12603164/)

What tweaked my interest is the following blurb:

The sale price was thought to be about $450 million. Major League Baseballís other 29 clubs bought the then-Montreal Expos in 2002 for $120 million as part of a complicated transaction that also involved new owners for the Boston Red Sox and Florida Marlins.

So, we have a $330 million profit on the owners' hands here: not a bad ROI. My question is, how does this profit get distributed? Is it split up evenly, or does the money go somewhere else?

Just wondering.

Lip Man 1
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I think it's split evenly since all teams had to contribute to the running of the franchise.

Lip

Steelrod
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I think it's split evenly since all teams had to contribute to the running of the franchise.

Lip
I believe it goes into central fund.

TheKittle
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Lip

Even the Jerk Midget owner of the Orioles gets his share. If he wasn't such a jerk and worried about his team instead of "losing his market" the Nationals would have been in DC at least a year and maybe two years ago.

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 03:07 PM

Lip

I think you meant everyone gets an even split since everyone had a hand in contributing to the RUINING of the franchise.

Hangar18
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Even the Jerk Midget owner of the Orioles gets his share. If he wasn't such a jerk and worried about his team instead of "losing his market" the Nationals would have been in DC at least a year and maybe two years ago.

Isnt it funny how Angelos was Extremely worried about a team in his market (46 miles away), while Jerry Reinsdorf didnt have a worry in the world regarding a team only 8 miles away ???

thepaulbowski
05-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Isnt it funny how Angelos was Extremely worried about a team in his market (46 miles away), while Jerry Reinsdorf didnt have a worry in the world regarding a team only 8 miles away ???

You can't compare the two....Reinsdorf bought a team that was 8 miles away from another. Angelos owned a team and felt by moving a team 46 miles away his territory was being moved in on.

Angelos does need to shut up and worry about the Orioles, though.

Baby Fisk
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
And the winner is... linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060503&content_id=1431114&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

I want Mags back
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I think we have a $330 world Series bonus coming!!!