PDA

View Full Version : From the Daily Herald.

Daver
01-28-2002, 05:35 PM
For what it's worth.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3728428

Jerry_Manuel
01-28-2002, 05:45 PM
"Ideally, you would like to fill the holes you have without using young players or prospects,'' Williams said. "I will say that other teams have the resources to go down different avenues that we can't go down. To a large degree, our payroll follows the same economic path as our revenue and attendance.

At the current time, it is strained. And as we project our attendance, our payroll will continue to be a strain.''

No surprise.

duke of dorwood
01-28-2002, 05:49 PM
No, no surprise, but are we expecting much out of Osuna?

Jerry_Manuel
01-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
No, no surprise, but are we expecting much out of Osuna?

I would like to think he can take over Howry's role.

FarWestChicago
01-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I would like to think he can take over Howry's role. What? I'd like to see Osuna pitch well, not be a gascan. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
01-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
What? I'd like to see Osuna pitch well, not be a gascan. :smile:

If I had a sense of humor, I would have a witty comeback, but I don't. :smile:

duke of dorwood
01-28-2002, 05:54 PM
That would solve a problem. You wonder if Chris Berman had Osuna on a highlight, would he use the "obvious" nickname as he so often does.

Daver
01-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I would like to think he can take over Howry's role.

Ummm,then what does Howry do? Ballgirl? Groundscrew? Wash JR's car?

Paulwny
01-28-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by daver

Ummm,then what does Howry do? Ballgirl? Groundscrew? Wash JR's car?

I'm losing it, I kept wondering , "What's a ground screw?"

duke of dorwood
01-28-2002, 06:00 PM
How much does gascan make?

Daver
01-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I'm losing it, I kept wondering , "What's a ground screw?"

Grounds crew,the guys that roll out the tarp.I would go back and edit it but it is too much like work.

Paulwny
01-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by daver

Grounds crew,the guys that roll out the tarp.I would go back and edit it but it is too much like work.

I know what you meant, only it's taking this senile brain a longer time to think.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-28-2002, 06:57 PM
"Ideally, you would like to fill the holes you have without using young players or prospects,'' Williams said. "I will say that other teams have the resources to go down different avenues that we can't go down. To a large degree, our payroll follows the same economic path as our revenue and attendance.

This is an all-time classic. Absolutely classic White Sox thinking!

Here's Williams putting out the latest excuse for why it is the team won't win again this year--too much payroll and not enough talent.

Believable enough, until you realize this is the exact same day a team that won 116 games last year just picked up the same pitcher we let go for Gary Majewski (a pitcher we had once before) and a 32 year-old outfielder playing in Japan that Williams says "we're impressed with his arm."

I can't make this stuff up. That old cliche is true. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Get ready, boys. We'll be counting off another year in just a few months. 85, 86, 87, 88, 89,...

RichH55
01-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This is an all-time classic. Absolutely classic White Sox thinking!

Here's Williams putting out the latest excuse for why it is the team won't win again this year--too much payroll and not enough talent.

Believable enough, until you realize this is the exact same day a team that won 116 games last year just picked up the same pitcher we let go for Gary Majewski (a pitcher we had once before) and a 32 year-old outfielder playing in Japan that Williams says "we're impressed with his arm."

I can't make this stuff up. That old cliche is true. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Get ready, boys. We'll be counting off another year in just a few months. 85, 86, 87, 88, 89,...

So its safe to put you in the non-optimist camp?

doublem23
01-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
So its safe to put you in the non-optimist camp?

Can one be a Sox fan and be an optimist? Doesn't seem possible...

Drop Bears in OZ
01-29-2002, 02:19 AM
Woweee..

I think I will throw my cable connection to the dunny!!!

A waste of time watching what sounds inevitable.

Ripped off down under?

voodoochile
01-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Can one be a Sox fan and be an optimist? Doesn't seem possible...

Are you questioning my loyalty or my outlook?

:)