PDA

View Full Version : Damn You Espn!!!!!!!

WizardsofOzzie
05-02-2006, 12:03 PM
while browsing the ESPN webpage, i find that the sox game was gonna be on ESPN today. Check my local listings and sure enough it lists it. Just went over to ESPN news with the wonderful greeting from ESPN news of "for those of you who expected to see the white sox and indians, sit back and let us take you through highlights!" Screw you ESPN!!!!!!!!!

skottyj242
05-02-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm confused.

WizardsofOzzie
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
instead of the game, they went to ESPN news......i have no idea why

cbrownson13
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I would think the reason for that would be because there is local coverage of the game. USUALLY it is blacked out on ESPN when there is local coverage. (ie: Comcast, WGN, WCIU)

WizardsofOzzie
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I would think the reason for that would be because there is local coverage of the game. USUALLY it is blacked out on ESPN when there is local coverage. (ie: Comcast, WGN, WCIU)

I don't get any local coverage down here though :(:

voodoochile
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't get any local coverage down here though :(:

Don't blame ESPN...

Kogs35
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
its because of the 100 mile blackout

Tuesday, May 2
12:00 p.m. Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland *
(CSNC)
Alternate: ESPNEWS
* This game will be available to viewers in the Cleveland areas. Viewers in the Chicago market areas will see ESPNEWS:

100-air mile radius of Chicago and wherever CSNC is available to cable subscribers: Illinois (except areas near St. Louis), Iowa, most of Indiana and northeastern Missouri and parts of southeastern Wisconsin

thats from the espn media zone

WizardsofOzzie
05-02-2006, 12:29 PM
its because of the 100 mile blackout

thats from the espn media zone

I guess i'll blame my local listings then. Gettin my hopes up and all.

kjhanson
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Apparently there is more than a 100 mile blackout. I'm in Ames, Iowa ~360 miles, and was looking forward to this nice break from finals week. We don't get CSN, so that shouldn't be a problem. None-the-less, I get ESPNews and have to listen to the terrible Indians announcers on XM. Anybody else listening to these guys? Every ball hit out of the infield sounds like a home run. I don't remember them being this bad last year.

HotelWhiteSox
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
You're blacked out. I really don't understand the blackout rules for Comcast/ESPN. I'm in the burbs, like last week the Cubs game came through on ESPN, but today the Sox are blacked out, and I have sometimes had the Brewers games blacked out. Would've been nice today for high def

Lip Man 1
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
You didn't miss a thing.

Lip

CLR01
05-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Apparently there is more than a 100 mile blackout. I'm in Ames, Iowa ~360 miles, and was looking forward to this nice break from finals week. We don't get CSN, so that shouldn't be a problem. None-the-less, I get ESPNews and have to listen to the terrible Indians announcers on XM. Anybody else listening to these guys? Every ball hit out of the infield sounds like a home run. I don't remember them being this bad last year.

Down here in the Lou the game was not balcked out and it was on ESPN not ESPN news. :dunno:

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM

I liked them better then Farmer and Singleton.

spongyfungy
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I got blacked out for a St. Louis Cardinals game on ESPN this year. (last week). The zone has to be reduced.

Kogs35
05-02-2006, 04:06 PM
You're blacked out. I really don't understand the blackout rules for Comcast/ESPN. I'm in the burbs, like last week the Cubs game came through on ESPN, but today the Sox are blacked out, and I have sometimes had the Brewers games blacked out. Would've been nice today for high def

blackout was lifted. each team for monday night baseball can get up to 4 blackout lifts per season

Chips
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM

I like chocolate and ice cream more than Farmer and Singeleton. And if you missed previous posts of mine, I don't care for either of them.

kjhanson
05-03-2006, 02:56 AM

Yes, I'll agree with you there. I guess in comparison to the other duos I've heard this year, Cleveland has been my least favorite. I thought Seattle's team was very good. Unfortunately I'm embarassed that opposing fans have to listen to Farmer and Singleton. While the effort is there from Singleton, he just makes every situation so awkward.

ClaudelSleptHere
05-04-2006, 10:18 AM
I also don't understand the blackout rules. I live near Indianapolis (200 miles from Chicago), and Comcast Chicago is not available here, and yet I was treated to ESPN news on two channels. The Sox game was listed in my local television listings. The blackout rules seemed to have changed last year, but I don't understand why they would blackout Indianapolis. The only games we get on ESPN are the Sunday night ones. I wouldn't mind if they showed me the Sox game but blacked out all other ESPN programs.

Kogs35
05-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I also don't understand the blackout rules. I live near Indianapolis (200 miles from Chicago), and Comcast Chicago is not available here, and yet I was treated to ESPN news on two channels. The Sox game was listed in my local television listings. The blackout rules seemed to have changed last year, but I don't understand why they would blackout Indianapolis. The only games we get on ESPN are the Sunday night ones. I wouldn't mind if they showed me the Sox game but blacked out all other ESPN programs.

the mlb tv territory's are so messed up that 4 teams claim 1 area. IIRC the reds,cubs,sox, and cards claim Indianapolis but im not 100% sure on it.

Sox-on-TV44
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Consider yourself lucky.

The game that day was bad.7-1 Cleveland.