PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day 5/2

Lip Man 1
05-02-2006, 11:19 AM
"Jim Thome did a lot for this team and city. I remember coming here when they had that ballpark at that [bleep] house. The way he played here for them, people should tip their hat and say thank you.'' -- Ozzie Guillen to Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times.

Lip

Unregistered
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I like this one too:

"I was real disappointed by it, kind of embarrassing," he said. "Even the Indians players were shaking their heads. Booing Jim Thome? You don't boo him, he's a class act. That's OK. We'll give him a standing ovation in Chicago."

:nod:

Madvora
05-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I like this one too:

"I was real disappointed by it, kind of embarrassing," he said. "Even the Indians players were shaking their heads. Booing Jim Thome? You don't boo him, he's a class act. That's OK. We'll give him a standing ovation in Chicago."

:nod:
Very nice. I like that one a lot. Did Ozzie say that too?

skottyj242
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I think we should make signs saying "Welcome HOME Jim" for tomorrow night.

pdimas
05-02-2006, 12:22 PM

Thats a fantastic idea. I can't make the game tomorrow but I will make a sign for my dad to take.

itsnotrequired
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM

That is an awesome idea.

twsoxfan5
05-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I cant wait to give him a huge ovation tomorrow. He seems like such a good guy and he was treated horribly last night. You could see it in his face how disappointed he was.

MsSoxVixen22
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I cant wait to give him a huge ovation tomorrow. He seems like such a good guy and he was treated horribly last night. You could see it in his face how disappointed he was.

Agreed. That's what made me feel bad. Thome didn't deserve that.

Unregistered
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Very nice. I like that one a lot. Did Ozzie say that too?Yep. All Ozzie.

They must've omitted the expletives from the quote before printing it. :D:

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Yep. All Ozzie.

They must've omitted the expletives from the quote before printing it. :D:

If they omitted the expletives, how would the Trib report on our foul mouthed manager?

DaBears
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM

I was going to give my tickets to a buddy. I know will be there...Screaming my lungs off in appreciation for the Gentle Giant:D: I felt real bad for the guy, being booed by his "hometown"...a bunch of classless fans if you ask me. :redneck

Lets make sure to give him the heroes welcome he deserves!!!!

CHEESESOXER
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Wilkes Edit: Dumbass political joke. Do it again and enjoy your vacation!