PDA

View Full Version : Mark Gonzales' Sox coverage today

veeter
05-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Did anybody else read this hack's game article today? I mean, if not for McCarthy stuggling, the Sox kicked the Indian's butts. This guy actually listed, with bullet points, Sox negatives from the game. Included were, "Brian Anderson sank to a new low when he went 0 for 5 with three strike outs." Also, "Mackowiak reached base in all five plate appearances but scored only once." What? Only this jag would describe Rob's effort negatively. I just can't belive what I'm reading with this (mod edit: Just type the word and let the filter do it's job when you get back). I also can't believe the players don't get in his face with this stuff. If I was struggling and some pansy ass writer wrote that I sank to a new low, he'd have a problem with me. No respect for the best-record-in-baseball, world champion, White Sox.

itsnotrequired
05-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Did anybody else read this hack's game article today? I mean, if not for McCarthy stuggling, the Sox kicked the Indian's butts. This guy actually listed, with bullet points, Sox negatives from the game. Included were, "Brian Anderson sank to a new low when he went 0 for 5 with three strike outs." Also, "Mackowiak reached base in all five plate appearances but scored only once." What? Only this jag would describe Rob's effort negatively. I just can't belive what I'm reading with this (mod edit: Just type the word and let the filter do it's job when you get back). I also can't believe the players don't get in his face with this stuff. If I was struggling and some pansy ass writer wrote that I sank to a new low, he'd have a problem with me. No respect for the best-record-in-baseball, world champion, White Sox.
Best record in all the majors. Enough said.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
"Mackowiak reached base in all five plate appearances but scored only once."

That's because Anderson kept stranding him! You can't score if you aren't batted in!

itsnotrequired
05-02-2006, 10:02 AM
That's because Anderson kept stranding him! You can't score if you aren't batted in!

Anderson certainly shares in the blame but Uribe is the real goat here. 8 runners LOB by Juan including three in scoring position with two outs.

A clutch hitter he was not...

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Anderson certainly shares in the blame but Uribe is the real goat here. 8 runners LOB by Juan including three in scoring position with two outs.

He was unable to come through in BOTH of his bases loaded situations. If we didn't win, that would've pissed me off big time!

You aren't by chance going to the game tomorrow?

itsnotrequired
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
You aren't by chance going to the game tomorrow?

What the hell kind of question is that?:tongue:

MarySwiss
05-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't know what it is, but whenever I read his Sox reports, they always seem almost disgruntled, like "Well, yeah...okay...they won, but they almost didn't and they shouldn't have."

ondafarm
05-02-2006, 11:01 AM
McCarthy didn't have a great game. In fact, his outing was lousy. But you often learn as much from your bad games as from your good ones. Actually, you learn a lot more.

Uribe has really been concentrating on his defense, I think he'll relax more as the Sox get into a more consistent rthym.

Anderson seemed to be getting a lot of rookie calls against him. And especially when the Sox were ahead by seven, the ump seemed to take the attitude that anything within a few feet is good enough to call a strike. That caused BA to start to flail. It is often the hardest time to hit well. I'm actually more concerned with Anderson's dive on Perralta's ball. That was a bad play.

Ol' No. 2
05-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Typical Cubune spin. Some of the more egregious examples were taken out in the on-line edition.

:knue Not that there was anything wrong with them.

This gem remained:
Podsednik had his first four-hit game of the season but took a called third strike with runners at second and third to end the third.What a bum!

palehozenychicty
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't know what it is, but whenever I read his Sox reports, they always seem almost disgruntled, like "Well, yeah...okay...they won, but they almost didn't and they shouldn't have."

Hit it right on the head. It's really sad, that reporters in mass media are that pathetically slanted in one direction and can't be true to themselves. oh well, the trophy still looks good to me. :cool:

daveeym
05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm actually more concerned with Anderson's dive on Perralta's ball. That was a bad play. I kinda laughed at that play, Anderson knew he was in trouble from the get go on that ball. I think he was hoping he could just knock the ball down and keep it in front of him when he was still about 5 steps from diving. Mack almost blew the backup on it as well. End result though didn't change, it was going to be a double no matter what.

ondafarm
05-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I kinda laughed at that play, Anderson knew he was in trouble from the get go on that ball. I think he was hoping he could just knock the ball down and keep it in front of him when he was still about 5 steps from diving. Mack almost blew the backup on it as well. End result though didn't change, it was going to be a double no matter what.

It was a bad judgement play on his part. At least he didn't pull an Ozuna and knock the ball away from the pursuit. BA had zero chance of reaching that ball, better to pull up and head to cut it off than to dive.

daveeym
05-02-2006, 12:01 PM
It was a bad judgement play on his part. At least he didn't pull an Ozuna and knock the ball away from the pursuit. BA had zero chance of reaching that ball, better to pull up and head to cut it off than to dive.Yeah but I don't think he could have cut it off at that point. He was just hoping and wishing at that point with the dive. I'd love to be able to hear what was going through his head. :D:

WizardsofOzzie
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Make that 10, including today

Fabs
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
You know, I read it this morning and thought, "Hmmm. I must have been watching a different game, I thought the Sox did some things well". That quote about Anderson reaching a new low got my goat, though. :angry: I thought Gonzales is supposed to be the Trib's objective sports writer for the Sox???
I was pleasantly surprised that the Sox victory preceded the scrubs victory in the upper right part of the paper. :smile:
Maybe I should switch to the Sun Times.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
What the hell kind of question is that?:tongue:

Meet us at the fan deck at 6:30 tomorrow!