PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Suggestions

NorthernLeague
05-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I am an intern for the Northern League and am starting to think about my independent project that will be coming up. I want to promote the league and increase attendance, along with making it a more enjoyable experience in some way.

Please help me out with ideas. It will be greatly appreciated. I will show suggestions to top executives.

An example I have heard thus far is promoting a rivalry between teams, such as rivalries between the Chicagoland area teams and a rivalry between the Canadien teams. This might initiate more enthusiasm to your team.

We are dedicated to bringing you the best value in baseball. Baseball is our Passion.

Thank You

MUsoxfan
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
I love the Northern League and plan on going to several games this year. Mostly Jackhammer games. One way to increase attendance is giving me some free tickets behind home plate:redneck

But in all seriousness, the Northern League should get a good marketing firm *cough* TwoxFour *cough* to help promote the league. It would cost some $$, but might be worth it in the end.

As for the short term, people like good giveaways. For instance:

* 75 random people win authentic jerseys
* Give multiple people chances to win tickets to upcoming games

What people love about these minor league games is that they're affordable for the family. Lower concession prices. $1 beer night or something. $1 Hot Dogs all the time. Stuff like that

I'm no marketing guru, but that's my $.02

mike squires
05-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Bring back the bobble heads. I need a new Whitesox bobble to take the place of Magglio!

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Bring back the bobble heads. I need a new Whitesox bobble to take the place of Magglio!

I like that idea..........more bobbleheads.

Ol' No. 2
05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Getting people to see the team for the first time is the key. Kids days always draw big in major league parks, and I don't see why it wouldn't work for the Northern League. One free kids admission with a paid adult.

soxfan13
05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I love the Northern League and plan on going to several games this year. Mostly Jackhammer games. One way to increase attendance is giving me some free tickets behind home plate:redneck

But in all seriousness, the Northern League should get a good marketing firm *cough* TwoxFour *cough* to help promote the league. It would cost some $$, but might be worth it in the end.

As for the short term, people like good giveaways. For instance:

* 75 random people win authentic jerseys
* Give multiple people chances to win tickets to upcoming games

What people love about these minor league games is that they're affordable for the family. Lower concession prices. $1 beer night or something. $1 Hot Dogs all the time. Stuff like that

I'm no marketing guru, but that's my $.02

Live about 2 miles west of the Jackhammers. My wife and I love going to the games. I love it because I get off the train at 5 and its not something that has to be planned days in advance. Just go up to the ticket window spend your 18 dollars and get awesome seats. I have never sat worse then 10th row. Granted not great quality of baseball but its fun to see these kids playing and trying to get a second shot.:smile:

MUsoxfan
05-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Live about 2 miles west of the Jackhammers. My wife and I love going to the games. I love it because I get off the train at 5 and its not something that has to be planned days in advance. Just go up to the ticket window spend your 18 dollars and get awesome seats. I have never sat worse then 10th row. Granted not great quality of baseball but its fun to see these kids playing and trying to get a second shot.:smile:

Oh, I know. This issue is not getting me to the games. I'm at about 10 per year regardless.

NorthernLeague
05-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Getting people to see the team for the first time is the key. Kids days always draw big in major league parks, and I don't see why it wouldn't work for the Northern League. One free kids admission with a paid adult.

I agree. First timers usually enjoy the experience enough to come back, especially with the relative ease and inexpensiveness. At Sox games there are kids days, maybe because the majority of fans are adults. It is closer to the opposite in the Northern League. Maybe I can initiate free admission for parents. It could help kids to push their parents.

NorthernLeague
05-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh, I know. This issue is not getting me to the games. I'm at about 10 per year regardless.

For those who do enjoy the games we appreciate it. If there is anything that could help me bring you a better experience once your in may bring people in a couple more times a year. We want to reward our frequent visitors also.

salty99
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Bobblehead days are always interesting in the NOrthern LEague since half the time the player is already gone by the time the Bobblehead comes out. I do love Jackhammer games though. I think cheaper food nights like the White Sox do is a great idea.

soxfan13
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM

I guess i meant that after I drive home from the train and we are sitting around doing nothing at 600 we can just get up and go and its 5 minutes away without any planning :smile:

soxfan13
05-02-2006, 01:23 PM
For those who do enjoy the games we appreciate it. If there is anything that could help me bring you a better experience once your in may bring people in a couple more times a year. We want to reward our frequent visitors also.

Do you actually work for the league or an individual team?

NorthernLeague
05-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Do you actually work for the league or an individual team?

The Northern League. The President's staff works closely with and represents each individual team. I will be glad to take suggestions for teams such as the 2005 Northern League Champion Gary SouthShore Railcats, Joliet JackHammers, Schaumburg Flyers, etc.