Cunningham 1/3, 1 2B, .266
Rote dropped to 0-5 but pitched very, very well:
7.0IP, 5 H, 3 BB, 1 ER, 4 K, 3.67

W/S won 7-4
Cook 2/4, 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 RBI, .195
Moat got the win:
5.0IP, 5 H, 1 R(0 ER), 2 BB, 4 K, 0.63

B'ham didn't play today, but played on 4/30 which wasn't summarized:
Lost 8-4 Rodriguez didn't pitch well (4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 ER)
Schnurstein 2/4, 1 R, .233

Charlotte won 6-2:
Redding CG: 9.0IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 4.91
Sweeney 1/4, 1 R, 1 3B, 1 CS, 3 RBI, .296
Rogo 2/4, 1 R, 1 RBI, .321
Owens 0/1, .233

maurice
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
With the loss, Kanny drops to 3-21...by far, the worst record in the SAL. They've now lost 6 in a row and have only 4 players batting .250+. Despite giving up only 1 run in 7 innings, Rote gets the loss. He's now 0-5 but with a 3.67 ERA. He's given up 22 R but, amazingly, only half of them are ER. Overall, the team has surrendered an astounding 47 unearned runs.
:angry:

I was going to see them play in WV next month, but I'm wondering whether it's worth the effort. The MLB draft can't come soon enough for these guys.

- - -

On the flip side, the Knights continue to play unbelievably well. They lead the IL with a 19-6 record. They have 4 players hitting .296+ (Gonzalez, Rogowski, Fields, and Sweeney). Rogo and Owens are each 7-of-9 in SB. They also have a number of good defensive players and the best pitching staff in recent memory.
:gulp:

California Sox
05-02-2006, 02:23 PM
The I's have quite a few guys the Sox are high on (Carter, Allen, Sanchez, Hernandez, Orlando, Cunningham.) Are they just at too high of a level? (Or too many of them being challenged at once?) Or are they just a lot worse than the Sox thought? I've got to say that since Wilder came over he has pushed EVERYBODY. For instance, I was shocked to see Gomes at W-S. Whatever. Things are brutal for us right now in A ball.

Randar68
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
The I's have quite a few guys the Sox are high on (Carter, Allen, Sanchez, Hernandez, Orlando, Cunningham.) Are they just at too high of a level? (Or too many of them being challenged at once?) Or are they just a lot worse than the Sox thought? I've got to say that since Wilder came over he has pushed EVERYBODY. For instance, I was shocked to see Gomes at W-S. Whatever. Things are brutal for us right now in A ball.

The lower levels for the Sox this year are just extremely young in terms of talent, even for their level. They have a few filler-type players, but most aren't all that good. W-S has good-to-decent pitching but Kanny is just not strong top-to-bottom anywhere...

All of the young talent is of the "very raw" variety for them, and they'll be more inconsistent and streaky and overall a less competitive team.

will definitely be interesting to see where they go in the draft and how the I's perform in the second half after gaining some experience.