PDA

View Full Version : Marte in town

gr8mexico
05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I made a hated trip today to the north side to see Damaso Marte. He's one of the guys I need on my WS ball. I was able to find 2 tickets for 20 bucks on craigslist lower level seats. The first players I see when I walk in to the Urinal was Marte I say was up to him then he comes over and signs my Baseball :bandance: . After that me and the wife had a hot dog and went home. I was in and out less then 30 minute and I was very happy and my ball is halfway done YES!!!! Did anyone make the hated trip to the Urinal to see Marte?

HebrewHammer
05-01-2006, 10:34 PM
I assume you already went to Walmart between 8am and 4pm to see Timo Perez.

Did he greet you or was he too busy gathering shopping carts?

gr8mexico
05-01-2006, 10:56 PM

Did he greet you or was he too busy gathering shopping carts?LOL Where is Timo Perez? Did he even make a minor league roster?

chisoxmike
05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Did anyone make the hated trip to the Urinal to see Marte?

:rolling:

I needed a good laugh. Why would ANYBODY go to see Marte?

Too funny.

Chicken Dinner
05-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Pretty lame excuse to wear your Cub hat.

DumpJerry
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I made a hated trip today to the north side to see Damaso Marte. He's one of the guys I need on my WS ball. I was able to find 2 tickets for 20 bucks on craigslist lower level seats. The first players I see when I walk in to the Urinal was Marte I say was up to him then he comes over and signs my Baseball :bandance: . After that me and the wife had a hot dog and went home. I was in and out less then 30 minute and I was very happy and my ball is halfway done YES!!!! Did anyone make the hated trip to the Urinal to see Marte?
Dan Mega felt a need to go
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70574

gr8mexico
05-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Pretty lame excuse to wear your Cub hat. You shouldn't talk you just joined WSI in Oct. The exact same time the SOX were in the playoffs. The only reason I went was to get Marte autograph the guy wasn't great last year but he was still part of the team.

BainesHOF
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Don't forget Marte's performance in Game 3 of the World Series. Out of nowhere he had his best outing of the season.

mike squires
05-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I'll always have a soft spot for Marte. Several years ago he shagged down a ball down the line during BP, turned around and threw a lazer right through another guys mit and landed in mine. I hate it when guys like him and Borchard just can't find a groove. I really wanted him to succeed.

hi im skot
05-02-2006, 12:38 AM
I just can't have negative feelings for any of the guys from the 2005 team. Yeah, Marte and Vizcaino gave me ulcers on several occasions, but after their game three performances and a World Championship, I can't really say anything negative.

kevingrt
05-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I just can't have negative feelings for any of the guys from the 2005 team. Yeah, Marte and Vizcaino gave me ulcers on several occasions, but after their game three performances and a World Championship, I can't really say anything negative.

I cannot agree more with you there.

mike squires
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
After one game during the opening of the new ballpark we headed bck to our car. In the lot this car slams into a parked car. He obviously drunk. Not knowing if he'd get out of his car and being young and naive, my brother, brother in law and sister botled through the lot and hopped the fence. We must have looked a little stupid getting our arses over that fence.

chaerulez
05-02-2006, 08:21 AM

Too funny.

Maybe you don't like the idea of going up to the North Side just to see Marte, but if this is another round of Marte bashing, I'm getting sick of it. Because we know Marte sucked so bad as a White Sox, he had a ERA of 5 in his time here. Did nothing positive... oh what he had a ERA well under 4? And he didn't have control problems until 2005?

hold2dibber
05-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Too funny.

Uh, cuz he was a member of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox? Or maybe because he was one of the best relievers in the AL for the Sox for several years (unfortunately, not in '05).

Tragg
05-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Marte was the mainstay in our bullpen for the 3 years prior to the WS year, helping us stay in that 85 win range. He pitched well in the WS. He was an excellent Sox overall.

palehozenychicty
05-02-2006, 09:05 AM

Did he greet you or was he too busy gathering shopping carts?

scottjanssens
05-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Maybe you don't like the idea of going up to the North Side just to see Marte, but if this is another round of Marte bashing, I'm getting sick of it. Because we know Marte sucked so bad as a White Sox, he had a ERA of 5 in his time here. Did nothing positive... oh what he had a ERA well under 4? And he didn't have control problems until 2005?

That's because the runs that scored off of him were charged to the prior pitcher. His ERA was saved by pitchers coming in after him, say like El Duque in the ALDS after Marte loaded the bases with no outs. This is the guy who's attitude caused Ozzie to send him home for several games.

If you don't want to think badly of him, fine, that's your perogative. But don't turn him into a martyr. He earned his reputation.

SpammySosa
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Gee,I know it is the Urinal,but if I paid for tickets to the game,I would have stayed. Minor league baseball can be entertaining too.:tongue:

Dat Funky Motion
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM

Too funny.
To thank him for getting us Mack. Now we have a deeper bench!:D:

Chips
05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
LOL Where is Timo Perez? Did he even make a minor league roster?

He's playing for the Cardinals AAA squad. And to think we paid him a million dollars.

Brian26
05-02-2006, 08:39 PM
He's playing for the Cardinals AAA squad. And to think we paid him a million dollars.

I thought he was with the Reds triple A team.

beckett21
05-02-2006, 08:44 PM
And to think we paid him a million dollars.

A million dollars just doesn't go quite as far as it used to. :redneck

*beginning to weep thinking about how many bunions I would have to fix to make a million dollars* :whiner:

salty99
05-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I thought he was with the Reds triple A team.

The Reds dropped him. The Cardinals picked him up, can retirement or the Japanese league be far behind?

North Sox Sider
05-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Marte was not an excellent pitcher for us the last 2 years. He was bad in 2004 and brutal in 2005. He had a great year in 2003 but for some reason lost it. I will never forgive him for walking Walker at Wrigley in the bottom of the 9th to lose the game and get swept by the Flubbys in 2003. How could you walk the winning run home??