PDA

View Full Version : White sox rings price dip

jake5824
05-01-2006, 02:49 PM
have any of you looked on ebay at those replica rings. theyre down to like 10-20 dollars the auctions are ending now. I guess the novelty has worn off.

are their people here that are still considering getting the ring fitted to wear around? LOL

DaBears
05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
have any of you looked on ebay at those replica rings. theyre down to like 10-20 dollars the auctions are ending now. I guess the novelty has worn off.

are their people here that are still considering getting the ring fitted to wear around? LOL

So I can go buy back the one that I sold??:o:

Anyone who saw these souvenirs in person, knew very well that they were not worth the prices at which they originally sold for.

soxfan13
05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
So I can go buy back the one that I sold??:o:

Anyone who saw these souvenirs in person, knew very well that they were not worth the prices at which they originally sold for.

So you mean the 225 i paid was too much!!

C-Dawg
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM

I've heard a few people say the gold color wears off quickly if you wear them, so I'd say no, I'm not getting it resized to fit my fingers.

Cuck the Fubs
05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
rumor has it the lower cost ones ar eknock offs of some kind....they don't come with the Pepsi card.

I bought one cheap as well too...I'm okay with it:smile:

DumpJerry
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I've got mine clipped to my ticket lanyard. I've had many people come up to me at games and admire it. Great conversation starter!

Brian26
05-01-2006, 08:52 PM

However, the trophies are still commanding $75-$100.

Steelrod
05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
rumor has it the lower cost ones ar eknock offs of some kind....they don't come with the Pepsi card.

...and they are coming out of Nevada and California. Color is off on them also. Very strange that the west coast was selling them the day they were given out!

StillMissOzzie
05-02-2006, 02:49 AM
...and they are coming out of Nevada and California. Color is off on them also. Very strange that the west coast was selling them the day they were given out!

rumor has it the lower cost ones are knock offs of some kind....they don't come with the Pepsi card.

Not only that, but I think it's REAL funny that some of those NV and CA sellers have 10-15 of them to sell. They also seem to favor custom belt buckles. Any chance they'd have any metalworking connections?

While I have never seen the real SGA ring, I would definitely have to say "Buyer Beware" on this one.

SMO
:mad:

IlliniSox4Life
05-02-2006, 03:15 AM
However, the trophies are still commanding $75-$100.
I have a friend who is a Cubs fan. He's one of only two Cubs fans I can tolerate because he isn't the typical Cubs fan. Anyway, I have another friend who is a Sox fan and so is his dad. We've gone to games a lot together. Sox fan friend is in the Marines in Japan, I am away at college, and Sox friends dad has an extra ticket to the trophy day. His normal older buddies couldn't make it to the game, so he called up Cubs friend and invites him. They go, have a good time, and Cubs friend gets one of the replica trophies.

Now, I am home for the weekend about 2 weeks ago and he mentions to me he has this trophy, but doesn't want it, and offers it to me (your average Cub fan wouldn't do that). I told him I would want it for sure. I then made some joke about "even if I didn't want it, I'd take it and sell it on ebay because they are going for like 60-70 dollars". Well, you can see where this story is going - he ends up telling me he didn't know how much they were selling for, and would rather sell it on ebay. He told me if I sold it for him, he'd give me a cut (which was nice). I am still kicking myself in the ass for saying it. I can't be too mad because we're both cash strapped college aged kids (and I know what an extra 60 bucks is to him), but it is just upsetting that I was soooo close. :angry:

BainesHOF
05-02-2006, 03:36 AM
You have a lot to learn, son.

IlliniSox4Life
05-02-2006, 03:45 AM
You have a lot to learn, son.

Yeah, but I probably would have ended up feeling bad if I didn't tell him, so I guess in the grand scheme of life at least I will have good karma.

ws05champs
05-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Not only that, but I think it's REAL funny that some of those NV and CA sellers have 10-15 of them to sell. They also seem to favor custom belt buckles. Any chance they'd have any metalworking connections?

While I have never seen the real SGA ring, I would definitely have to say "Buyer Beware" on this one.:mad:

There looks to be at least 3 different versions and they are all obviously knock-offs. I bought one for $26 and at that price you can't go wrong (at least knowing it is a knock-off). It will tie me over until the Sox come to their senses and offer high quality versions of the real ring like Boston did.

Here is a link that has a picture of a real one to compare to the ones now on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-2005-World-Series-Replica-Ring-Only-20K-Made_W0QQitemZ8791886751QQcategoryZ25132QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Steelrod
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
There looks to be at least 3 different versions and they are all obviously knock-offs. I bought one for $26 and at that price you can't go wrong (at least knowing it is a knock-off). It will tie me over until the Sox come to their senses and offer high quality versions of the real ring like Boston did.

Here is a link that has a picture of a real one to compare to the ones now on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-2005-World-Series-Replica-Ring-Only-20K-Made_W0QQitemZ8791886751QQcategoryZ25132QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
A little pricey for a giveaway.
What I don't understand is the Sox logo, MLB logo and Trophy are all copyrighted. Obviously selling them is illegal but I think having one is also illegal. Do purchasers have any recourse from the seller or Ebay?

DaBears
05-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Do purchasers have any recourse from the seller or Ebay?

If you pay using a Credit Card on Paypal, then you have the ability to file a CC chargeback. I think you are only covered up to $200...