PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Angels fan wearing his homer glasses...

chaotic8512
05-01-2006, 01:35 AM
http://forums.mlbcenter.com/index.php?showtopic=25836

I mean, at first I was kinda mad, but wow. To sum up my thoughts, I will take a quote from the movie Billy Madison:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

How could someone be dumb enough to possibly take anything that Ozzie said this weekend about Scioscia, Escobar, and the rest of Saturday's events as insulting?

I know it really doesn't matter, go ahead and pull out little Mr. Coleman on me, we're showing that we're the best damn team out there right now, but I thought I would just point out that there are some pretty dumb fans out there... and I think it is only getting worse. :rolleyes:

Really, addressing the real problem here... what is the deal with the constant negative media attention surrounding the White Sox? Is it fueled mainly by the Cubune? Are people still hanging onto the 1919 Black Sox scandal? I'd really like to know since I am never around the city, but does a lot of this negativity originate from Chicago?

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Coming from an Angels fan with an Ortiz signature, I wouldn't get too upset. He's just jealous of the whole, ya know, four straight ALCS complete games from the Four Horsemen. :cool:

chaotic8512
05-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Coming from an Angels fan with an Ortiz signature, I wouldn't get too upset. He's just jealous of the whole, ya know, four straight ALCS complete games from the Four Horsemen. :cool:

Not to mention a li'l of this happening over the weekend:

:sweep

RealMenWearBlack
05-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Thats the only conclusion I can come to. He was either abused or traumatized as a child or is mentally imbalanced. Likley both. There is nobody that is naturally this big of an **** for no reason.

Is anyone else having trouble figuring out what "****" means. I can't think of an expletive that begins with a vowel.

RadioheadRocks
05-01-2006, 03:50 AM
Wow... more like "Angels fan wearing his ass for a hat"!!!!!

nedlug
05-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out what "****" means. I can't think of an expletive that begins with a vowel.
arse? Is he Scottish?

IlliniSox4Life
05-01-2006, 05:20 AM
My favorite part is this:

Ozzie probably thinks he is a big reason why the White Sox won it all last year.

If I am correctly remembering things, this is kind of how Ozzie's managerial career has gone:

-Kenny gives Ozzie an interview with little expectation of hiring him
-Ozzie convinces Kenny to hire him.
-Ozzie and Kenny agree they want to take the team in a new direction.
-Ozzie tells Kenny what types of players he wants.
-Ozzie Ball is born
-Ozzie wants pitchers.
-Kenny trades for pitchers.
-Ozzie wants quality clubhouse guys and grinders.
-Kenny trades for grinders.
-The White Sox win the World Series through a combination of pitching, defense, and timely hitting

Yeah, sure, Ozzie had NOTHING to do with it. I'm sure the way we outplayed the Astros in NL style ball in an NL park had nothing to do with it. I'm sure trusting Bobby Jenks to close had nothing to do with it. I'm sure bringing in El Duque in game 3 of the ALDS had nothing to do with it.

Blob
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
arse? Is he Scottish?

That was going to be my guess. Either that or we are dealing with AN complete MORON!! :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Reading that raised my blood pressure.

That's why I never stray from the friendly confines of WSI.

Did I just type that?:o: :cool:

SOecks
05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Wow that guy has a serious mental disorder. No use with even engaging people like this. Better to be left ignored in their personal misery.

MarySwiss
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I liked the way the other posters let him have it, though.

soxfanaticpaulie
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
This guy was apparently watching a different game than I was, let alone reading differnet articles.

When someone throws at a catcher's legs, I don't think, "Oh, that must've been an accident, he hit him in the calf." When I saw that pitch, I thought, "Whoa, that psyco is throwing at A.J.'s knees!" You don't throw at anyone's legs, but especially a catcher's.

His ranting on Ozzie is pretty funny. I can see why people hate Ozzie...and I don't care. It's fun to be hated. People always hate the champs, especially after you beat their ass 7 times in a row!:cool:

chaotic8512
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I liked the way the other posters let him have it, though.

Thanks, wanted to make sure he knew his place. :D:

oeo
05-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Does this guy realize what a huge hypocrite he is?

sircaffey1
05-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Ok the only thing that really matters at all in that thread is this...

He used a quote from Mike North to defend his stance that Ozzie is a jackass...

The kid is clueless.

miker
05-02-2006, 02:51 PM
And they wonder why some consider Southern California to be a little goofy...