PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld: Freddy Garcia postive Marijuana test

CPditka
04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
This is reported on rotoworld.com

According to the Venezuelan daily newspaper Lider, marijuana was found in Freddy Garcia's urine in a test administered during the World Baseball Classic.
Garcia was told of the positive test last week, according to the report. He can be suspended from international baseball for two years because of the positive test, but it's not going to have any effect on his major league status.

Very interesting, I dont really now what this means. In my opinion i could really care less unless something happens where it effects his on field play or his eligibilty to play MLB games. We will see what happens, im sure it will be all over the papers tomorrow.

Chisox003
04-30-2006, 10:02 PM
:peace::garcia::peace:

"What mon? Velocity? Ehh, me no worry. Relaaaax."

:smokin:

RadioheadRocks
04-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Just an FYI... there's already a thread on this topic in the Roadhouse.

SoxSpeed22
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Just an FYI... there's already a thread on this topic in the Roadhouse.Yankees troll from the ****house? Is that a first?

TornLabrum
04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
It appears that the original message in the Roadhouse has been slightly altered.

HotelWhiteSox
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I knew there was something to that sweating

RadioheadRocks
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM
It appears that the original message in the Roadhouse has been slightly altered.

Love it!!! :D:

gr8mexico
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
According to the Venezuelan daily newspaper Lider, marijuana was found in Freddy Garcia's urine in a test administered during the World Baseball Classic.
Garcia was told of the positive test last week, according to the report. He can be suspended from international baseball for two years because of the positive test, but it's not going to have any effect on his major league status. Apr. 30 - 8:08 pm et
Source: WhiteSox.mlb.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060430&content_id=1426450&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

jkrohn
04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm sure the papers will have a field day with this :(

gr8mexico
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Sorry didnt noticed that one was already started

ChiSoxLifer
04-30-2006, 11:20 PM
I guess that explains why he looks "larger" this year. The munchies got to him.

Chips
04-30-2006, 11:21 PM
If he is still positive, then he should be suspended by the Sox for a few games, but that's my opinion.

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2006, 11:21 PM
:wanne
"Uh, oh."

TheDarkGundam
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Ugh. All i'm gonna say is Freddy just moved down a few pegs in my book.
Not to mention the Cubune is gonna absolutely LOVE this.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Marijuana, eh? Interesting...

Martinigirl
04-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know if pot is even part of MLB's drug policy? I remember reading that it is not included in the the NBA's.

If it is included, there are a lot of baseball players that are going to get nailed, and I don't know if "Manny being Manny" will work as a defense, because his is supposedly a huge pothead.

And being stoned would explain why he thought those blonde highlights were a good plan.

NardiWasHere
04-30-2006, 11:33 PM
And being stoned would explain why he thought those blonde highlights were a good plan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My first reaction

RealMenWearBlack
04-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Honestly, I'm not really surprised. I'll only be angry about this if his drug use results in a suspension.

RealMenWearBlack
04-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I remember reading that it is not included in the the NBA's.

IIRC, Baron Davis of the Golden State Warriors said in an interview that a large majority of NBA players smoke weed.

Chips
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
IIRC, Baron Davis of the Golden State Warriors said in an interview that a large majority of NBA players smoke weed.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me at all.

goon
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
it shouldn't be that big of a deal. even if they talk about it on around the horn or write an article in the tribune... the fact is it happened in the off-season, outside of the country, where it might it even be legal.

i'll check on the last thing.

WS in 05
04-30-2006, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't put it past jon garland smoking some dubes

TomParrish79
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
NBA players smoke weed?? :o: :o: :o:

SoxFan76
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Sure it's illegal, but it's not THAT big of a deal. It's just weed. Now if he does it 5 times a day and right before starts, we have a problem.

And no, I'm not a pothead, nor do I even like the stuff (it just tastes really good).

RetireWoodys28
04-30-2006, 11:46 PM
How long before the Trib prints a quote from Dan Pasqua about all this?

FedEx227
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
You're absolutely out of your mind! THERE IS NO WAY fine athletes like Damon Stoudamire and Shawn Kemp would ever lower themselves to taking drugs!

How long before the Trib prints a quote from Dan Pasqua about all this?

+/- ....

who the hell are we kidding, tomorrow.

SOecks
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Personally I really don't care if he smokes, but I just hope it's not affecting his performance. I also hope he isn't going to have any consequenses by the league for this.

santo=dorf
04-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Sure it's illegal, but it's not THAT big of a deal. It's just weed. Now if he does it 5 times a day and right before starts, we have a problem.

And no, I'm not a pothead, nor do I even like the stuff (it just tastes really good).
Plus this was before the WBC. Is smoking pot illegal in Venezuela?

goon
04-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Personally I really don't care if he smokes, but I just hope it's not affecting his performance. I also hope he isn't going to have any consequenses by the league for this.

chances are if he tested positive now, it probably isn't the first time he's smoked pot. i'm sure if it was a problem it would have affected him before now.

i don't know if the mlb has the right to suspend him, i hope not.

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Wasn't Slappy rumored to be a pothead?

ws05champs
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
He can be suspended from international baseball for two years because of the positive test

That's a good thing right?

SOecks
05-01-2006, 12:18 AM
chances are if he tested positive now, it probably isn't the first time he's smoked pot. i'm sure if it was a problem it would have affected him before now.

i don't know if the mlb has the right to suspend him, i hope not.

I don't want to get into any details that could send this thread to the roadhouse, but IMHO, for an athlete to smoke on a regular basis can really hurt their performance. I think it makes you lazy and hurts your desire and ability to work out and keep in shape for the season. I'm not looking at it as how he has performed while doing it, but how he could have performed if he hadn't. To each his own though. I do think it is less damaging physically to a player than someone who drinks regularly, but it still isn't helping. There's a time and a place for things like that, and it's called college :tongue:.

Mr. White Sox
05-01-2006, 12:18 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:OpCcM3BVFFbBoM:http://infinitely-infatuated.net/images/zito_lo.gif
"Dudes, dudes. Seriously, dudes. Let's all just chill out, let it go, whatev, yeah? Seriously dudes. Seriously. Dudes. Just chill."

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/dp-s.jpg

Wake and bake dude.... You holdin'? Got William Holden in there? Holden Caulfield come to the party?

:garcia:

Yeah

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
duplicate post syndrome

Realist
05-01-2006, 12:27 AM
I love Bubblegum! :bandance:

WS in 05
05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't want to get into any details that could send this thread to the roadhouse, but IMHO, for an athlete to smoke on a regular basis can really hurt their performance. I think it makes you lazy and hurts your desire and ability to work out and keep in shape for the season. I'm not looking at it as how he has performed while doing it, but how he could have performed if he hadn't. To each his own though. I do think it is less damaging physically to a player than someone who drinks regularly, but it still isn't helping. There's a time and a place for things like that, and it's called college :tongue:.

Everybody is different when it comes to how they are when they get high. some people sit around and chill and eat and some people are more engerized to do stuff so it just depends on what kind of high you get. As long as it does'nt become a problem where it affects the team whatever keep on keeping on... Look at bobby J he supposedly went to angels golf outings wasted and was not good in clubhouses in there minor league but he seems to be fine here.....do what you do but just keep winning

TheOldRoman
05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Look at bobby J he supposedly went to angels golf outings wasted and was not good in clubhouses in there minor league but he seems to be fine here.....do what you do but just keep winning
He "seems" to be fine here because he doesn't drink anymore. He realized he had a problem and has dealt with it to this point.

As for the Garcia thing, if it were a "problem" it would have surfaced already. As someone else said, it is likely not the first time he smoked marijuana, and he has been a pretty damn good major league pitcher to this point. Whatever Freddy's "routine" is, it works for him.

Soxfanspcu11
05-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Aside from jokes, this entire thread should be stuck with this;

:whocares

Whatever he does in his own time, that's his deal.

As long as he shows up for the Sox when he is asked to, that's all I care about.

goon
05-01-2006, 12:50 AM

i am in no way trying to jump to conclusions or throw out at accusations, i'm saying (logically) that a guy who turns 30 years old in june isn't all of a sudden going to take up smoking pot out of no where. and yes smoking marijuana can hurt physical performance, but that's not always the case, look at ricky williams. i'm sure there are a lot of professional athletes who use marijuana from time to time, and to me, it's not that different from drinking alcohol. as long as his performance is there, which it more or less has been, i am not concerned.

peeonwrigley
05-01-2006, 12:53 AM
I think the team should suspend Freddy for a start or two for the embarassment this is causing, and then, um, request that he does not take drug tests for international competition anymore.

Not to mention, if the team is going to enforce rules on hair and slip and slides, I'd imagine illicit drugs also violate some kind of rule. The team will look silly if it does not take some kind of action.

HotelWhiteSox
05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Who knows, he may be a type who doesn't like pressure or has anxiety, and uses it before starts. I know it's definately not a shock, just like with many professional athletes, and he's probably used it a long time before now. Don't know any details or anything about his life though so I shouldn't make assumptions.

I'm guessing Uncle Jerry is not going to like more negative PR though, which is sad for the best record in baseball. Though that's all that matters, and that I'm concerned about. A lot of guys do this anyways so I don't think it's that big a deal, it's the life of the proffessional athlete. As long as a player's behaviour doens't negatively affect his performance

milrtyme28
05-01-2006, 12:56 AM
I dont have a problem with it as long as its just here and there - let's hope the guy doesnt burn one down when he is supposed to start though.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/RJDaly28/carebearweed.jpg

SOX ADDICT '73
05-01-2006, 12:57 AM
...All i'm gonna say is Freddy just moved down a few pegs in my book...
I was hoping this was just BS posted by that Yankee troll, but I guess it's true. I know this isn't on par with a positive test for performance enhancers, but it still sucks. I guess I had too much fun ripping on players like Zito for pot-smoking, and Giambi and Rincon for steroid use, and naively considered our players beyond reproach. Next they'll tell us that Thome pees on his hands, Paulie will sneeze and miss a month, and Dye will develop a "hernia" in his knee.

getonbckthr
05-01-2006, 01:11 AM
In my experiences with weed it calmed me down. Maybe Freddy smokes after his starts to cool the adrenaline rush.

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 01:41 AM
In my experiences with weed it calmed me down. Maybe Freddy smokes after his starts to cool the adrenaline rush.

BURGH's post work routine:

Park car, pet kitty, change pants, smoke.

JB98
05-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Look at it this way: Freddy is high on pot, and he still has four more wins than Carlos Zambrano. :cool:

QCIASOXFAN
05-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Look at it this way: Freddy is high on pot, and he still has four more wins than Carlos Zambrano. :cool: I'll smoke to that.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-01-2006, 02:10 AM
I wonder what Garcia's in law on the White Sox will have to say about this.

Gives The Whore 670 and the assclowns at ESPN 1000 something to babble about for until the Derby (or next Cub pitcher simulation).

Fuller_Schettman
05-01-2006, 03:08 AM
I'm just worried about who thinks he is high. You don't think anybody suspects he is high, do you? God! I hope Ozzie doesn't read this! What if Ozzie reads the article! ****! No, it's cool! Just Chill! Oh man, Freddy has to walk by all of those dudes from the front office! Just keep it straight! Crap! I think they know he's stoned! I gotta get me some PopTarts! Oh ****! Here comes an umpire! It's Wendelstedt! Now I'm screwed! Just look down and whistle some Sabbath...

RealMenWearBlack
05-01-2006, 03:32 AM
I think the team should suspend Freddy for a start or two for the embarassment this is causing, and then, um, request that he does not take drug tests for international competition anymore.

Not to mention, if the team is going to enforce rules on hair and slip and slides, I'd imagine illicit drugs also violate some kind of rule. The team will look silly if it does not take some kind of action.

They should suspend him only if marijuana is illegal in Venezuela. Since the drug test was held during the off season, the results must have come up from when he smoked in Venezuela. Although I wouldn't doubt that he's smoked here too, there really isn't any proof that he has.

Falstaff
05-01-2006, 03:51 AM
FWIW- Dock Ellis 6-12-70 pitched a no-hitter while completely ripped on LSD.
Won 2-0 but for some reason he walked 8.
So I say let Freddy do his thing who cares...

kruzer31
05-01-2006, 04:14 AM
According to a report on rotoworld Freddy Garcia tested positive for Marijuana during the WBC. Anyone here any followups on this? For the source just type in rotoworld then .com

Jeff

Mohoney
05-01-2006, 04:53 AM
"I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me."

I still think that pitching a no-hitter on acid is one of the most unbelievable accomplishments in the history of the sport.

IlliniSox4Life
05-01-2006, 05:09 AM
I think some sort of fine/community service/apology is probably the only thing that the White Sox should do if it is legal in Venezuela. Perhaps test him more regularly now. The only reason I care at all is because he's an athlete and a role model for a lot of kids, and they can get the wrong idea. I'm not completely against marijuana, but it's not something that somebody performing in a sport that has so many young fans should be doing.

Steelrod
05-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Look at it this way: Freddy is high on pot, and he still has four more wins than Carlos Zambrano. :cool:
I wonder if they check Zambrano for Ritalin!

PeteWard
05-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Rotoworld? Why not quote Matt Drudge as well?

Even if it is true, who cares? Grass is less dangerous than alcohol and certainly does nothing to improve peformance. Can't see why they even test for it.

JUribe1989
05-01-2006, 07:54 AM
We would all be pretty hypocritical to criticize Freddy for one positive test when we know that we have friends who probably smoke more frequently than he does. Besides, if this were really a big deal and was going to affect him in the Major Leagues, we would have heard of it by now.

JUribe1989
05-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Damon Stoudamire and Rasheed Wallace were both caught using.

JUribe1989
05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Freddy Garcia's new theme song = Low Rider

:smokin::smokin:!!!

This is seriously a non-issue

TommyJohn
05-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I knew playing on the South Side of Chicago would get to him eventually.
After all, you can smell all that marijuana smoke from the neighborhood at
the ballpark, according to the Trib.

white sox bill
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Well as a former NORML member, if Freddy's worse thing he ever did was smoke a dobbie, I'd be fine with that. We all know its legal in some other countries, proving we here in the US of A aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

SOecks
05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
FWIW- Dock Ellis 6-12-70 pitched a no-hitter while completely ripped on LSD.
Won 2-0 but for some reason he walked 8.
So I say let Freddy do his thing who cares...

Holy crap I had no idea. THAT is impressive. I could barely tie my shoes properly and he was able to pitch well? Maybe he was able to use his newly expanded brain power to will the hitters into sucking that game.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Confuscious says;
"Man who stands on toilet is high on pot"

batmanZoSo
05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
He managed to become the winningest Venezuelan pitcher of all time while smoking pot. Yeah, the stuff is evil. Just think, without pot, he could've been the winningest pitcher from any country.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Should we turn this into a Cheech and Chong quote-a-thon?

scottjanssens
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Relavent info from MLB drug policy:

Drugs of Abuse

Testing for drugs of abuse is not administered randomly, but on a basis of reasonable cause (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=6p7im1b8cs819?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Reasonable+cause&curtab=2222_1&sbid=lc07a). If one of the HPAC panel members has evidence that a player has used, possessed, or sold banned substances in the last 12 months, they call a conference and discuss the evidence with the other members. If a majority vote to test the suspected player is reached, then testing will take place immediately, after no later than 48 hours.

Marijuana

Players convicted for use or possession of Marijuana are subject to fines not exceeding $15,000, and are not subject to suspensions. Players participating in sale of Marijuana are subject to the same discipline as sale of any other banned substance.

Marijuana is listed as a drug of abuse. Freddy will certainly be tested as a result of this story. If he smokes regularly, it'll cost him some money.

spiffie
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I would like to think that Ozzie and Freddie have an open enough relationship with each other where they have already come to some sort of understanding on this issue. I could easily imagine Ozzie telling him that he can't touch the stuff during the season or can't touch the stuff within a day of his starts or something along those lines.

Otherwise, I can't say I care much. Anyone here who would suspend him for getting high in the offseason might be smoking something themselves.

Hawkeroo1980
05-01-2006, 12:24 PM
for pot ----- tested at WBC

Not going to affect his MLB status

MUsoxfan
05-01-2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70518

sox1970
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
for pot ----- tested at WBC

Not going to affect his MLB status

No wonder why he's so laid back on the mound.

BeviBall!
05-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I would like to think that Ozzie and Freddie have an open enough relationship with each other where they have already come to some sort of understanding on this issue.

Hell, Ozzie probably sold it to him!

BackNBlack
05-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Time to put number 34 on my Grateful Dead T shirt

monkeypants
05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I can't believe the people here who get their underwear in a bunch over a grown man getting high in the off season. Baseball is littered with stories of guys getting wasted drunk and playing with hangovers during the season and yet we have a few on these boards saying Freddy should be suspended for a few days and the Sox should issue an apology. Now if there was a Sox player that got busted for steroids then yes it would be disappointing.
This is a non-story.
But won't somebody think of the children!

TheOldRoman
05-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Well as a former NORML member, if Freddy's worse thing he ever did was smoke a dobbie, I'd be fine with that. We all know its legal in some other countries, proving we here in the US of A aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Hey, dumbass, we aren't here for a political debate. We are talking about Freddy Garcia. Please spare us the whole "muah, I am right, and if you don't agree with me you aren't smart". Take it elsewhere.

Gammons Peter
05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Tested positive for weed during World baseball games

itsnotrequired
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
You can test positive for marijuana by eating lizards? Now I've heard everything!

kittle42
05-01-2006, 01:34 PM
The search function is your friend. :cool:

skottyj242
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
If I was more computer savy I would put up the obligitory Beating a Dead Horse picture but I'm not.

rdwj
05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
What's the over/under for Freddy weed threads today?

I'm thinking about 10

Gammons Peter
05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I didn't know it was in the rumor thread, I don't go there often. Anyway, apparently it's more than a rumor

viagracat
05-01-2006, 01:58 PM
You can test positive for marijuana by eating lizards? Now I've heard everything!

Guess I'm eating the wrong lizards..:(:

Rocky Soprano
05-01-2006, 01:58 PM
If I was more computer savy I would put up the obligitory Beating a Dead Horse picture but I'm not.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/233279/DeadHorse2.GIF

skottyj242
05-01-2006, 02:02 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/233279/DeadHorse2.GIF

You've always been there for me Rocky.

Iwritecode
05-01-2006, 02:05 PM

I believe it's a vague reference to the late Jim Morrison.

Fuller_Schettman
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I think Freddy should definitely be suspended. For four days! :cool:

Flight #24
05-01-2006, 02:10 PM
The net impact of this is 100% positive for the Sox. Freddy's performance has been excellent, so I'm not concerned that he'll suddenly flake out or anything. This doesn't appear to be JR Rider here.

However, the positive test means that he's banned from international competition for 2 years. In other words, the chance of him getting hurt in non-Sox-related competition just dropped dramatically, to which I say :thumbsup: .

sullythered
05-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry, I must be off my game, but I hadn't heard this yet. Is there a suspension imminent? Hope not.

Slats
05-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Just because he tested positive doesn't mean he used. He could have been at a party where people were getting high in the same room as him and he'll test postitive from inhaling the second hand pot smoke. (um...er...yea....that's it)

rdwj
05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry, I must be off my game, but I hadn't heard this yet. Is there a suspension imminent? Hope not.

Most likely the IBAF will suspend him for two years, but MLB doesn't test for it - so nothing for us to worry about.

sullythered
05-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Most likely the IBAF will suspend him for two years, but MLB doesn't test for it - so nothing for us to worry about.

Thank you, and good.

getonbckthr
05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Freddy Garcia's new theme song = Low Rider

:smokin::smokin:!!!

This is seriously a non-issue
How about "2 Joints" by Sublime.

CLR01
05-01-2006, 02:42 PM
The net impact of this is 100% positive for the Sox. Freddy's performance has been excellent, so I'm not concerned that he'll suddenly flake out or anything. This doesn't appear to be JR Rider here.

However, the positive test means that he's banned from international competition for 2 years. In other words, the chance of him getting hurt in non-Sox-related competition just dropped dramatically, to which I say :thumbsup: .

It's a genius plan by KW and Ozzie to keep their guys healthy, feed them all "special brownies" so they fail the drug test. Unfortunately Garcia was the only player to make it to the plate of brownies before Jenks.

Tekijawa
05-01-2006, 02:59 PM
This is reported on rotoworld.com

I've found Cigarettes in my beer before but how exactly do you have Marijuana in your urine? I'd be more concerned with the fact that Freddy may have a large plant growing in his bladder that allows him to urinate actual Marijuana?!?!?! I could see if TRACES of Marijuana were found, but the actual thing! WOW, I wonder if a whole bud came out, or a bag, or if it was just part of a leaf, or some resin?

Come to think of it, if I could actually Urinate Marijuana, I would have been a much happier man in College and I would surround myself with those cute little hippy chicks and let them take as many "hits" for free as long as they wanted to!

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 03:13 PM
I've found Cigarettes in my beer before but how exactly do you have Marijuana in your urine? I'd be more concerned with the fact that Freddy may have a large plant growing in his bladder that allows him to urinate actual Marijuana?!?!?! I could see if TRACES of Marijuana were found, but the actual thing! WOW, I wonder if a whole bud came out, or a bag, or if it was just part of a leaf, or some resin?

Come to think of it, if I could actually Urinate Marijuana, I would have been a much happier man in College and I would surround myself with those cute little hippy chicks and let them take as many "hits" for free as long as they wanted to!

That being said I wonder how it feels to pass marijuana

Epark84
05-01-2006, 03:44 PM

They also occassionally stray from their wives. And sometimes they even commit rape (see #8, LA Lakers)

RealMenWearBlack
05-01-2006, 03:54 PM
And sometimes they even commit rape (see #8, LA Lakers)

Allegedly, of course (don't want this thread to degenerate into Roadhouse material).

itsnotrequired
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I believe it's a vague reference to the late Jim Morrison.

Jim Morrison has returned from the grave to have dinner with Garcia? What's next, lizards made out of marijuana?

Domeshot17
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Anyone remember the mets a few years ago? Grant Roberts and others talking about how they get ripped. Even reports of them smoking up on the flights between games.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/roberts0422.jpg

D. TODD
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
He will start to be tested by mlb now as a clear suspect with sufficent cause of hitting the ganja, but I don't think he can be suspended for pot use, just fined. Oh well I wish he didn't use, but it's not a big deal to me. He doesen't seem to be a burn out type.

"It's Friday you ain't got no job, just stimulate your mind Freddy!" "They ain't got me on no tape stealing no boxes!" "**** here comes Deebo!!!!"

Realist
05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
This thread deserves a green tomato. :smokin:
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:cuvrZub4_x2DaM:www.iamtonyang.com/0407/green_tomato.jpg

Ol' No. 2
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
This thread is giving me the munchies. :smokin:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Just because he tested positive doesn't mean he used. He could have been at a party where people were getting high in the same room as him and he'll test postitive from inhaling the second hand pot smoke. (um...er...yea....that's it)
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/asiapcf/9805/28/pakistan.update/bill.clinton.jpg
"I did not inhale...er, I mean, yeah I did. Wait, what...?"

viagracat
05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
:roflmao: This thread is giving me the munchies. :smokin:

Deebs14
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/4082/farley.jpg

"I could sure go for some cupcakes and some peanut butter cups right about now."

Captian Ron
05-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I just hope it was some good stuff. :bong:

DrCrawdad
05-02-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm sure the papers will have a field day with this :(

Do I smell an endorsement deal for Freddie in the future?

http://www.herbalcantera.net/papers/job15gold.jpg

A. Cavatica
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
True or not, at least we have a good nickname opportunity.

Ladies & Gentlemen, now pitching for the Chicago White Sox...Jerry Garcia!

spiffie
05-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Freddy may not have gotten the cover of SI despite being the starting pitcher in the game that won the World Series for us, but he still might get a magazine cover in the future...

http://www.bonusmags.com/mags/250_high_times.jpg

miker
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Are churros good if you have the munchies?

Realist
05-03-2006, 06:16 AM
I just hope it was some good stuff. :bong:

He makes a good buck. I bet it was fat, sticky, green, and born in British Columbia.

1951Campbell
05-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Freddy may not have gotten the cover of SI despite being the starting pitcher in the game that won the World Series for us, but he still might get a magazine cover in the future...

http://www.bonusmags.com/mags/250_high_times.jpg

Aw, crap. Is there a High Times cover jinx too?

bigsoxfan420
05-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Are churros good if you have the munchies?

Have you ever had a churro?.......Have you ever had a churro......ON WEED!

voodoochile
05-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Did I miss something? Did we change the name of the site to stonedsoxfansinteractive.com?

I didn't think so...

Closed.