PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans In Anaheim? YES!

Hangar18
04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Im sure the media DIDNT do a good job of this, but let me say this first hand, there were TONS of SOX fans at the ballgames this past weekend,
and im told you could hear how loud we were on the radio.

Angel Stadium is a lot nicer of a ballpark than what is shown on the tv. What a blast it was this weekend, including Patbooyahs tailgate, we had a blast, especially knowing it was cold and rainy back home, heh heh.
Lots of people who "lurk" showed up, was tons of fun.

1951Campbell
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I was pretty sure I heard "Paulie! Paulie!" this afternoon.

TDog
04-30-2006, 06:45 PM
There are always tons of Sox fans when the Sox play in California. For transplanted Sox fans, it's their only chance to see their team.

I drove 250 miles to see the Sox every year from 1984 to 1999. The Angel Inn is within walking distance to the park.

TheKittle
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
I drove 250 miles to see the Sox every year from 1984 to 1999. The Angel Inn is within walking distance to the park.

Gone as the city of Anaslime continues to whore itself to the mouse. Condos and offices will soon be on the land that once housed the Angel Inn.

The LA Times article of the Sat. game had ONE damn sentence about Conty's great game. Kinda of like, Oh BTW Conty pitched great!!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angels30apr30,1,5613384.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

CHISOXFAN13
04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Im sure the media DIDNT do a good job of this, but let me say this first hand, there were TONS of SOX fans at the ballgames this past weekend,

Angel Stadium is a lot nicer of a ballpark than what is shown on the tv. What a blast it was this weekend, including Patbooyahs tailgate, we had a blast, especially knowing it was cold and rainy back home, heh heh.

Hawk mentioned it several times, and they panned the crowd throughout all three games. Great turnout and very vocal to boot.

SOX LA Mikey
04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I was there for all 3,
good to meet WSIers at the tailgate, out on the LF concourse,
and at the National postgame...

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
and of course sweep the diablos

patbooyah
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
post your damn pictures, henry!

chisoxmike
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
they showed jenn on the game saturday night.

chisoxfanatic
04-30-2006, 10:38 PM
post your damn pictures, henry!

I posted three of them in the WSI Members section for Henry. He emailed them to me. Check them out! It looks like a lot of fun was had. Then again, what WSI gathering is NOT fun? :D:

TornLabrum
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Looks like TheKittle was more interested in the food than in the people there.

ChiSoxLifer
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone, I'm glad I got to meet all you guys and girls. It was a great White Sox weekend especially hanging out at Nationals after the game. Hope to see you at the next gathering.

-Karl

ChiSoxGirl
04-30-2006, 11:03 PM

I'm telling you, Henry. I was watching the game on Saturday night and had gone to another room for a couple minutes, so I lost track of what was going on. Then I heard all this cheering, figuring the Angels had done something- wrong! It was you Sox fans out there cheering on our boys! You guys sounded awesome! :D:

And yes, Angels Stadium is a great ballpark! I was there pre-World Series in 2001 and when it was known as Edison Field, and was very impressed with the ballpark.

TheBull
04-30-2006, 11:26 PM

If you interacted with the assembled crew, you would understand why TheKittle turned to the grill for sparkling conversation. It was reminiscent of the rush scene at the Delta house in Animal House. Actually it was a great time and nice to meet others from the board. Pat Booyah put out a nice spread for all of us. Thanks for organizing the tailgate Pat.

chisoxfanatic
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Henry,

Did the infamous Trophy Tour hit Anaheim this past weekend?

TheKittle
05-01-2006, 01:09 AM

Tri tip mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Double-double protein style mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But really what could I do? All the good looking women were taken and even if they weren't I'm too old for them. The beer was cold and the food was good and hot.

It was great meeting everybody. Thanks to TheBull again for the tri tip. Thanks to Pat for setting up the tailgate. Mikey and I already knew each other but WSI never came up. We met two other White Sox fans in LF. Damn my luck that they were a couple. That girl was hot but then again many volleyball players are. ;) Hangar is a very cool dude. You can't help liking a guy with that passion for the White Sox.

HV come out in Sept. They don't need you the first couple weeks of school :)

TDog
05-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Gone as the city of Anaslime continues to whore itself to the mouse. Condos and offices will soon be on the land that once housed the Angel Inn. ...

That is a shame. Not that I will ever have the opportunity for another stay, but it held memories of Sox weekends. I'm sure I'm not alone. I wasn't the only 30-plus man wearing a Sox cap, walking back to the hotel with a scorebook after those Saturday night games.

longshot7
05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Henry,

Did the infamous Trophy Tour hit Anaheim this past weekend?

Unforunately no. I think he was afraid of being lynched by someone with a latte in their other hand.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Cue up stupid Angels Fan moments #1 - #13. :smile:

Glad you and other White Sox fans had a great time watching the second consecutive Anaheim sweep.

AuroraSoxFan
05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Whats up? Saw the post about Stupid Angel fan moments #s 1-13. I was there Fri and Saturday. I can start with 4 dumb Angel fan moments off the top of my head.

#1 After we beat them I was told each night several times by different people that the Sox are nothing but a pompous EAST coast team and that the Sox and all of their fans should pack up and head back to the EAST COAST. UCLA must have a hell of a geography program huh?

Them still hating AJ and crying over game 2 of the ALCS that was almost 7 months ago would be #2.

#3 would be the morons paying so much $$ for their tix, getting to the game in the 3rd inning and leaving in the 7th. Maybe Starbucks closes early out there? Who knows?

#4 would be a few fans saying we may be Champs but that was only because we didn't beat anybody good. Basically calling themselves chumps. If you need more let me know, but there's some to start with.

SOX LA Mikey
05-01-2006, 03:00 PM
hope y'all are enjoying the Sox Mix CD that I made,
gave out a dozen of them in Anaheim this weekend

Mikey :bandance:

gbergman
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
good to meet you guys, i went to the national saturday after the game for a minute but didnt see anybody, wish i had stayed a little longer

my5thbench
05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
I saw plenty of Sox fans on the tube this weekend....good job guys

the Big "A" was a cool stadium prior to 1980, I was there in '79 when the Haloes won their 1st division title. In "80 they closed in the outfield to add seats for the arrival of the NFL Rams, that was a mess....after the Rams experiment failed & they moved on to St Louie, they had the good sense to remove those extra seats & return it to a form similar to the original.

Hangar18
05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
#3 would be the morons paying so much $$ for their tix, getting to the game in the 3rd inning and leaving in the 7th. Maybe Starbucks closes early out there? Who knows?

Traffic on 57 and 5 was Brutal

Muopsies
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
The Angels do treat the fans well though, even the out of town Sox fans. Stubhub f'd up my order so after driving 6 hours from the Bay Area, we went to the stadium basically on a hope and a dream, not really expecting much. First, the guy lets us park for free then we go to will call and the guy gives us 4 free tickets. And these weren't nosebleeds either, about 20 rows up from the Angel dugout. Granted, stubhub caused us to get there much later than we wanted but we saw our Sox and saw them win. Good times had by all.

ChiSoxLifer
05-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Traffic on 57 and 5 was Brutal

Hey Henry, nice meeting you this weekend. Every freeway in the L.A. area was brutal. It took me 2 1/2 hours to drive 50 miles. The Sox are worth it.

-Karl

SOXPHILE
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Cool pics ! I went to an Angels-Orioles game there in September of '99, and I agree with everyone who says it is a very nice stadium. Also, there were alot of crowd shots onT.V. for all 3 games, and several times when the White Sox were scoring runs, you could hear the cheering.

tick53
05-01-2006, 06:43 PM
The Sox fans were very vocal. I thought I saw Steve Dahl wearing a 59 throwback jersey there, but the camera didn't stay on him too long. :?:

richb2
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
was one heck of a drive back to san Jose, Ca. The traffic was very brutal on 5 lol going to the game. Glad the folks back home could hear us on the tv.

TheBull
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Aside from the sweep and the camaraderie at the tailgater, my favorite moment occurred when a black, unmarked helicopter buzzed the Booyah BBQ a couple of times and seemed to focus its attention on Hangar. The Tribune Company's security never seem to let him out of their sight. A lesser man may have instinctively sought cover, but Henry immediately challenged his airborne antagonists.

Mrs. Bull (TheCow?) and I had good seats for Saturday's game (8 rows behind the Sox dugout) and were surprised by the amount of bush league crap being hurled at AJ. For the most part, Anaheim fans are well behaved, but there were a few yahoos there undoubtedly using daddy's tickets.

On Friday night the late inning fight down the first base line and the foul ball Vlady rocketed into the same area and apparently struck a fan seemed to draw much more of Angel Fan interest than the game did. I normally don't care what others are doing, but it was frustrating not being able to see the game because of the rubber neckers standing up to watch the fight and foul ball victim.

I don't want to start the whole Beef argument again, but the Buena Park Portillo's is on par with the Chicagoland Portillo's. Portillo's may not be the best, but I wish we had one in San Diego. We hit Buena Park twice over the weekend.

jenn2080
05-02-2006, 08:24 AM
hope y'all are enjoying the Sox Mix CD that I made,
gave out a dozen of them in Anaheim this weekend

Mikey :bandance:

That Cd was good stuff. Def got its playing time at the tailgate. Pat you sure know how to throw a party.

jenn2080
05-02-2006, 09:15 AM
http://jphoto.fookazoo.com/album54/aex

longshot7
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
The Sox fans were very vocal. I thought I saw Steve Dahl wearing a 59 throwback jersey there, but the camera didn't stay on him too long. :?:

That guy hung out with us at the National on Saturday. I thought he looked closer to Roger Ebert than Pat's dad, but a good crazy Sox fan nonetheless.