PDA

View Full Version : White Sox at D-Rays

35th&Florida
04-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Any Sox fans heading to Tampa for this White Sox Devil Rays series in a few weeks? Being in Tallahassee FL, this is the closest the world champs will be to me this year and it would be great to throw back some beers with a fellow fan or two or twelve!

Cuck the Fubs
04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I'll be down there on buisness.........we're planning on hitting the game Wed night

cubsuck
04-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I live down here too...so it's not much of a hassle to go across the Howard Frankland Bridge!!

I've got some awesome tickets already...right behind the SOX Dugout. A buddy of mine got me some of Tropicana's seats so those should be SWEET! If you guys need any good tix, let me know...I have a hook-up with the Rays who can get PRIMO seats.

Hopefully, my A.J. jersey will arrive before the game. :whiner:

Last year, if you recall, we dropped 2 of 3 here in Tampa. I was getting heckled by D-Rays fans...unreal!

If you need accomodation reccomendations, let me know...I know the area really well.

Bump34
04-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I will be there too!!! Look forward to seeing some familiar faces!!!

Daver
04-30-2006, 01:11 PM

Gee imagine that.

Those games have to be tough for you to call.

cubsuck
04-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Is there a place you guys ususally hang out before the SOX/DRays games down here? I guess most people go to Ferg's...I'm just checking...I'd love to meet some Sox fans down here in Fla!

Cuck the Fubs
04-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds like we'll have to arrange a place to meet....like I said the only day we can sneak out is Wed, so anyone who is there that night let's meet up!

jabrch
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM

Shame you can't be on the good side still... Hope to see you back sometime Dave. We miss your work.

Red Barchetta
04-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll be there. Last year, we bought tickets 60 minutes before game time and we were sitting 3 rows above the SOX dugout by the 3rd inning. Our original seats were about 10 rows up.

With the new owners, etc., does anyone expect similar crowds? I know there is free parking now, however I haven't noticed whether their attendance has improved outside of the Red Sox and Yankees series that always draw down here.

mike squires
05-01-2006, 01:49 AM
I will be at two of the games. I will be in the zone though. I have too many things to get signed to socialize!!! :)

MUsoxfan
05-01-2006, 02:00 AM
With the new owners, etc., does anyone expect similar crowds? I know there is free parking now, however I haven't noticed whether their attendance has improved outside of the Red Sox and Yankees series that always draw down here.

This year they're averaging 18,000+ through 9 games. Last year they averaged 14,000 people for the year. It's too early to tell. They're not that bad this year, so it looks good for them

gr8mexico
05-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm planning to go but I'm flying in to Tampa how far is the Airport to the Stadium? I will also be down there trying to get autographs I got to finish the WS ball:smile:

Bump34
05-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Although attendance is up better than 60% from a year ago I do not expect crowds bigger than 20,000 for any game in that series... school is still going on and in Pinellas and Hillsborough it might be finals week for the HS kids too...

You can buy tickets at the gate... and yes most lots at the ballpark are free and there is tailgating allowed this season too!!!

It takes about 25 minutes to get to Tropicana Field from Tampa International... about 15 minutes from St. Pete/Clearwater...

The gates to Tropicana Field open 2 hours before game time...

And Ferg's is my new Jimbo's... It is where I go after the games... after a brief visit to the Budweiser Brew House inside the ballpark for the postgame show...

Last year... Mark Buehrle and a couple of other players stopped by Ferg's after one of the games...

Hope this helps out... and I will try and help out with any other questions you may have...

Sox look great so far... after seeing the Yanks and Red Sox already... the White Sox to me are the best of the bunch...

SSSoxFan
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Although attendance is up better than 60% from a year ago I do not expect crowds bigger than 20,000 for any game in that series... school is still going on and in Pinellas and Hillsborough it might be finals week for the HS kids too...

You can buy tickets at the gate... and yes most lots at the ballpark are free and there is tailgating allowed this season too!!!

It takes about 25 minutes to get to Tropicana Field from Tampa International... about 15 minutes from St. Pete/Clearwater...

The gates to Tropicana Field open 2 hours before game time...

And Ferg's is my new Jimbo's... It is where I go after the games... after a brief visit to the Budweiser Brew House inside the ballpark for the postgame show...

Last year... Mark Buehrle and a couple of other players stopped by Ferg's after one of the games...

Hope this helps out... and I will try and help out with any other questions you may have...

Sox look great so far... after seeing the Yanks and Red Sox already... the White Sox to me are the best of the bunch...

I have to agree with Dave........Fergs is a GREAT time!!!! And Dave is always the perfect host!!

I wish Jimbo's was as big as Fergs!!!

kane0730
05-01-2006, 02:40 PM
I'll be there for the Tues/Wed games. Those looking for tickets, and are a AAA member (actually you probably don't even have to be one), they are running a great ticket promotion. Use promotion code: RAYSAAA on the ticketmaster website for 1/2 priced tickets. I bought Diamond Club Box, sixth row, for only $13.50/Ticket. A great deal.

bafiarocks03
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I think it'd be a great idea to go! I mean 1st of all to be in Florida! then 2nd of all be able to see the sox play cheaper, and in better seats!

Deebs14
05-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I will hopefully be in attendance for at least one of the games...a lot depends on how nice the Macaroni Grill wants to be to their newest employee.

Corlose 15
05-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I obviously won't be there but I'd be nice to see the Sox show up for more than 1 game. :wink:

*shudders at a memory of Billy Koch*

MUsoxfan
05-01-2006, 06:22 PM

I'll never forget Hawk's call of that TB walk-off

:hawk

"Ughh...you can put it on the board:(:"

mike squires
05-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Had a IM chat with my brother the other day. He's currently in Korea. He talked about his time in Tampa and the two games he attended last year. He says it will be the best and the worst of baseball experiences. He says it takes awhile for your eyes to readjust to outside light. Got shunned by Frank. The good things; he talked to Walker for a good 4-5 minutes, got Garland, Hernandez and Garcia's autograph, got a BP homerun ball and even got Dicky V's autograph. He said he felt like a little boy again.

4 working days left until I see the Sox twice, go to Busch gardens and visit Mickey's house. Wow, and the beach, a few workouts at Gold's...4 working days left, 4!!!

mike squires
05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Had a IM chat with my brother the other day. He's currently in Korea. He talked about his time in Tampa and the two games he attended last year. He says it will be the best and the worst of baseball experiences. He says it takes awhile for your eyes to readjust to outside light. Got shunned by Frank. The good things; he talked to Walker for a good 4-5 minutes, got Garland, Hernandez and Garcia's autograph, got a BP homerun ball and even got Dicky V's autograph. He said he felt like a little boy again.

4 working days left until I see the Sox twice, go to Busch gardens and visit Mickey's house. Wow, and the beach, a few workouts at Gold's...4 working days left, 4!!!

Ooh yeah, he also was taking pics during batting practice or after the game or something and Ozzie spotted him with the camera, ozzie pointed at him lifted up his jacket and started rubbing his nipples laughing. (of course he had a shirt on underneath. True but funny story.

35th&Florida
05-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Sounds like Wednesday is the day to go. See y'all at Fergs!!

FedEx227
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I obviously won't be there but I'd be nice to see the Sox show up for more than 1 game. :wink:

Not sure if this was the same series...

but I was there for the game when Frank Thomas got tagged out at home, without sliding or making a slight effort to get evade the tag.

Cuck the Fubs
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
OKay for us out of towners...........

Where the hell is Furg's?

And whos all going Wed night?

chaotic8512
05-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Uggh, you guys enjoy it... I start my Summer B term next week at Florida State and my classes don't end until 7. That having been said, I'm working on my latest invention, the teleport...

nedlug
05-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Very upsetting news, this TB series being in these coming weeks...

I just finished an interview across the bay from Tampa, and I think it went really well... anyway, it is for a position in which I am definitely interested, and hopefully I can swing a job there...

That being said, I won't be starting until mid-June/early-July if it were to come through... I'd definitely go to all three games if I could.

Oh well, might as well wait for tomorrow's news...

mike squires
05-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll be there for the Tues/Wed games. Those looking for tickets, and are a AAA member (actually you probably don't even have to be one), they are running a great ticket promotion. Use promotion code: RAYSAAA on the ticketmaster website for 1/2 priced tickets. I bought Diamond Club Box, sixth row, for only $13.50/Ticket. A great deal.

I tried for best available using the code and it was 80 bucks for 10th row seat! I might just wait and buy a cheap one at the park the day of the game unless something comes up between now and then. I wonder if they stopped doing that promotion? Thanks, MIke