PDA

View Full Version : Check out this BS Headline from the Angels website

VenturaFan23
04-30-2006, 11:19 AM
http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060428&content_id=1423441&vkey=news_ana&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana

Yeah from the looks of last night, he really means it. Loser.

BTW, sorry if this has been posted before.

TaquitoElGoocho
04-30-2006, 11:28 AM
In the fan forum on the same site, a couple of Angel fans (and a Sox fan :D:) support Ozzie's candid comments/question whether the pitch was an accident...

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-angels&msg=63692.1&ctx=0

Let's stick it to 'em with a sweep!

Brian26
04-30-2006, 11:46 AM
The "hit by pitch" was intentional... but not by Escobar. Punkzynski leaned into the pitch, which looked like a strike to me by the way, and tried to get it to hit him. The umpire should have called him out.

Is that a joke? The pitch hit him in the back of the leg.
This is the reason I dont read those silly mlb boards.

SOecks
04-30-2006, 01:05 PM

Are people like that just trolls or are they actually that stupid? I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

digdagdug23
04-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Are people like that just trolls or are they actually that stupid? I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

They did start that stupid "Rally Money" crap, didn't they? Just sayin'.

Here, here's .50 cents, go buy yourselves a clue...............White Sox World Unite!!

Railsplitter
04-30-2006, 02:17 PM
L.A. = Low Aptitude.

gosox3072
04-30-2006, 02:26 PM
AJ is just one of those guys that everyone hates except if hes on your team. He plays so hard to win and others dont like it. Im happy hes on my team.

Oh and the comment about hating losing to guillen and the sox....I love it!

jabrch
04-30-2006, 06:38 PM
AJ is just one of those guys that everyone hates except if hes on your team. He plays so hard to win and others dont like it. Im happy hes on my team.

AJ = Bill Laimbeer.

IotaNet
05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
AJ = Bill Laimbeer.+1

santo=dorf
05-01-2006, 12:18 AM
They did start that stupid "Rally Money" crap, didn't they? Just sayin'.

Here, here's .50 cents, go buy yourselves a clue...............White Sox World Unite!!
What exactly can one purchase for $.005? :?:

Chips
05-01-2006, 12:19 AM
What exactly can one purchase for $.005? :?:

A half a piece of Bazooka Joe. Or were those a nickel?

IlliniSox4Life
05-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow, that fan board is really making me appreciate how good it is right now to be a White Sox fan and how good it is to have fellow intelligent baseball fans at WSI.

dickallen15
05-01-2006, 08:21 AM

This is true. Remember how much AJ was hated by White Sox fans when he was with Minnesota?

sox_fan_forever
05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
This is true. Remember how much AJ was hated by White Sox fans when he was with Minnesota?

Yep, I remember that! Man, did I hate him! I love him now, of course. :bandance:

scottjanssens
05-01-2006, 10:32 AM

Even so, if the pitch had been over the plate and AJ leaned into it, the ruling is strike, not out.

SBSoxFan
05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Even so, if the pitch had been over the plate and AJ leaned into it, the ruling is strike, not out.

I thought it's a ball. That's what happened to Crede in Oakland last year.

AuroraSoxFan
05-01-2006, 01:07 PM
MY LORD!!! I read their fan message board. They have had a good 6 months to recover from their ALCS humiliation and they still aren't over it. What a bunch of rejects. I was actually out there this past weekend and attended the games on Friday and Saturday. After we stuck them each game, I was told at least 5-6 times each game by their fans that the Sox and all our fans should "go back to the east coast." Guess there aren't many geography classes in the SoCal schooling systems.

Desert Rat
05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Was also there Saturday and Sunday. Maybe if they got to the game before the 3rd inning they'd be a little more knowledegable about baseball. Nobody seemed to remember that Crede did the ultimate damage in that game.

Anyone ever see this before? Halfway through the games they came out and replaced the bases. All 3 I believe on Sat and just 1 yesterday.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Was also there Saturday and Sunday. Maybe if they got to the game before the 3rd inning they'd be a little more knowledegable about baseball. Nobody seemed to remember that Crede did the ultimate damage in that game.

Anyone ever see this before? Halfway through the games they came out and replaced the bases. All 3 I believe on Sat and just 1 yesterday.

Opening Night they did that too, after the 1st.

DickAllen72
05-01-2006, 06:02 PM

Not me. I always liked A.J. and always wished the Sox would get him. Same way I feel about Torii Hunter.

TornLabrum
05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I think a lot of Sox fans hated AJ for the same reason I did. He's a redass, and you always hate redasses unless they play for your team. Then you love 'em.