PDA

View Full Version : Sox Cheat!

chisoxfanatic
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
is a sign I just saw an Angels fan hold up while walking backwards up the stairs of an aisle. It looked like he was being chased out by a security guard.

Too funny! Looks like they're STILL bitter there in Anaheim! :roflmao:

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm at work and couldn't watch or listen to the game. So how was the "Boo-Bird Meter" each time AJ came to the plate?

Sox of White
04-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm at work and couldn't watch or listen to the game. So how was the "Boo-Bird Meter" each time AJ came to the plate?

Every single time you who tell who was up without looking at the tv. The boos were abundant all night.

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Every single time you who tell who was up without looking at the tv. The boos were abundant all night.

Hehhehheh, just the way AJ likes it, I'm sure! :D:

chisoxfanatic
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Hehhehheh, just the way AJ likes it, I'm sure! :D:

AJ LOVES being "Public Enemy #1" :D:

mrs. hendu
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM

Winning ugly, not cheating. They should have learned the difference by now. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Winning ugly, not cheating. They should have learned the difference by now. :cool:

No kidding! It's just OZZIEBALL!

Tragg
04-29-2006, 12:23 AM
They had 3 games last year to complain about that (or to redeem themselves)....the three playoff games in Anaheim in which we kicked their teeth in.

oeo
04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
If that's what they call cheating, I love cheating.

soxinthecity
04-29-2006, 08:53 AM
I liked what Hawk said after talking with AJ earlier, Asking AJ what he thinks about surely being booed tonight, AJ's response "why are they booing me Crede's the guy.:rolling:

flo-B-flo
04-29-2006, 09:07 AM
AJ was RIPPING the ball all night. Yep, sure did affect him negatively.:smile:

palehozenychicty
04-29-2006, 09:16 AM

Yes. They should've learned to purchase some lumber as well. :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a question for the douchebags in Anaheim:

If the White Sox are cheaters,how would you classify the Yankmees??:rolleyes:

Seriously,"cheating" has occured in baseball for decades.
Pitchers have been known to scuff baseballs,hitters have shaved
their bats (and corked them),hitters crowd home plate in an attempt
to take away a pitcher's strike zone and they also try to "steal signs" by
attempting to look down at what pitch the catcher is calling.Bench
coaches have also been known to steal the other team's signs.
Former White Sox bench coach Joe Nossek was brilliant in that
category. And hey,there are these crazy chemicals called steroids.They're all over baseball.Someone should alert Anaheim,California about these events. :rolleyes: The White Sox cheat?!?!?? Who hasn't cheated??
That's a better question.:angry:

Vernam
04-29-2006, 09:34 AM
is a sign I just saw an Angels fan hold up while walking backwards up the stairs of an aisle. It looked like he was being chased out by a security guard.

Too funny! Looks like they're STILL bitter there in Anaheim! :roflmao:All-time lamest sign brought into a sporting event, which is really saying something. And it was really funny to see, as a Sox fan.

We own their asses all of a sudden, and it may be just a matter of time before the Angels start acting out their frustration. I was kind of sorry when that whiner Byrd left for Cleveland . . .

Vernam

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Between the rally monkey, the thundersticks, the booing, and charges of "cheating", I'm beginning to think Angels fans are some of the dumbest fans in the entire league.

Not to get off-topic, but didn't they used to play at Wrigley Field, too?
:wink:

Boozer
04-29-2006, 09:40 AM
:rolleyes: The White Sox cheat?!?!?? Who hasn't cheated??
That's a better question.:angry:

Although I hear what your saying & agree with your post. It kinda sounds like you think we really did "cheat" on the AJ play. Which in no way in hell did AJ do anything wrong. Just wanted to clarify your stand. :gulp:

alohafri
04-29-2006, 10:18 AM
If that's what they call cheating, I love cheating.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

sullythered
04-29-2006, 11:22 AM
I just want to know how running to first on a dropped third strike became "cheating."

tick53
04-29-2006, 11:35 AM
I saw that. Did anyone hear the Angels fan yell out,"That was a foul ball" when AJ fouled when back at his first at bat?

PaulDrake
04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Between the rally monkey, the thundersticks, the booing, and charges of "cheating", I'm beginning to think Angels fans are some of the dumbest fans in the entire league.

:wink: Yes they did.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/wrigla.htm

Lip Man 1
04-29-2006, 12:11 PM
It was also where the original Twilight Zone episode called 'The Mighty Casey' was filmed.

Lip

oeo
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM

You forgot the wave...I saw some idiots doing it last night; I think that puts them over the top.

Oh, and I almost forgot what looked like an endless supply of beach balls.

TheDarkGundam
04-29-2006, 12:36 PM

You also forgot stamping to "we will rock you". They did that about 10 times last night.

There was a thing about this in the Sun Times this morning, they had a quote from Ozzie saying AJ gets booed at home from his family.

manders_01
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Their announcers wouldn't shut-up about it either. I don't know how many times I screamed at the TV, "GET OVER IT!"

TDog
04-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Their announcers wouldn't shut-up about it either. I don't know how many times I screamed at the TV, "GET OVER IT!"

Can you imagine what Harrelson would have been like if things were reversed.

It's possible, though, that he would have been so upset he would treat people to game-long silence.

soxjim
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim or whatever they want to be called need to get over it. They need to remember that Crede's hit beat them.

oeo
04-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Can you imagine what Harrelson would have been like if things were reversed.

It's possible, though, that he would have been so upset he would treat people to game-long silence.
No, I honestly don't think they would even talk about it. Hawk likes to make excuses a lot of times, but that's something I really think he just wouldn't bring up. Remember, he's as big of a Sox fan as everyone here. If they're playing bad, he gets frustrated and obviously doesn't like to talk about it. I know it's bad, but I wouldn't want to talk either.

There's only one guy that would ever make that play and his name is AJ Pierzynski.

SOXSINCE'70
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Although I hear what your saying & agree with your post. It kinda sounds like you think we really did "cheat" on the AJ play. Which in no way in hell did AJ do anything wrong. Just wanted to clarify your stand. :gulp:

I have been a White Sox fan for 36 years.No,the Sox did not cheat.
All I am trying to say is I wish the Angels and their fans would just
shut the **** up and play the damn game.It's time to move on.

Erik The Red
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I guess Angels fans would know cheating when they see it.

Brendan Donnelly, anyone?

mrs. hendu
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
I liked what Hawk said after talking with AJ earlier, Asking AJ what he thinks about surely being booed tonight, AJ's response "why are they booing me Crede's the guy.:rolling:
:D: :D: :D: Good one!!! He's got a point. :redneck

mrs. hendu
04-29-2006, 04:13 PM
And singing "Take me out to the ballgame" twice + the wave. :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
04-29-2006, 04:18 PM

A good call on your part. :yup: :yup: :thumbsup:

guillen4life13
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM

Enlighten me as to what you're talking about.

goofymsfan
04-29-2006, 07:00 PM
He was caught cheating last year. He was doctoring the ball with I think it was pine tar. I'm only going by memory as to what it was as I'm too lazy to look up a link to the incident.

whitesoxwilkes
04-29-2006, 07:02 PM
He was caught cheating last year. He was doctoring the ball with I think it was pine tar. I'm only going by memory as to what it was as I'm too lazy to look up a link to the incident.

The rumour as I remember it was that he was applying saliva to the ball. He sure seems to lick his fingers a lot.

oeo
04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
The rumour as I remember it was that he was applying saliva to the ball. He sure seems to lick his fingers a lot.
Sort of like that 40 year old guy up North?

But I do remember them finding pine tar, he said it was because his hands sweat a lot and he loses his grip or something like that.

RadioheadRocks
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Maybe we could play some OK GO for them!

"HEY!!! Get-get-get-get GET OVER IT" :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

manders_01
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe we could play some OK GO for them!

"HEY!!! Get-get-get-get GET OVER IT" :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Amen brother!

TheDarkGundam
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Amen brother!
Somebody e-mail Brooks and tell him to fly Nancy to the Angels game tonight!

Jerome
04-29-2006, 11:10 PM
its not cheating, i remember some wsi member had in his sig photographic proof that the ball had risen, thus hit the ground, thus the correct call. also, in the previous inning of that game the ump makes the EXACT same motion for a strikeout, his motion stayed consistent. unlike Dye's foul ball / HBP, the call on AJ was the correct call.

thomas35forever
04-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Amen brother!
For those of you who don't know, OK Go is from Chicago!!!! That song was on Triple Play 2002 and Madden NFL 2003.

BiancaCalzini
04-30-2006, 01:28 AM
California/LosAngeles/Anaheim/ValleyGirlsnBoys fans were encouraged to believe the play was a rip-off by the TV broadcasters: they insisted that Paul "caught the ball cleanly" and then more than suggested that they saw AJ's move as illegit - "Josh Paul wouldn't have rolled the ball back to the mound" if it WASN'T a clean catch.
Well, jeez, guys, maybe he did it for the same reason catchers "frame a pitch."
Lemme see now, ya suppose it could be...to SELL IT TO THE UMPIRE?
Wow - who'd'a thunk it?
Time to demand some impartiality from the TV booth.:wink:

Go Sox - an '06 Rerun!!

IlliniSox4Life
04-30-2006, 01:57 AM
California/LosAngeles/Anaheim/ValleyGirlsnBoys fans were encouraged to believe the play was a rip-off by the TV broadcasters: they insisted that Paul "caught the ball cleanly" and then more than suggested that they saw AJ's move as illegit - "Josh Paul wouldn't have rolled the ball back to the mound" if it WASN'T a clean catch.
Well, jeez, guys, maybe he did it for the same reason catchers "frame a pitch."
Lemme see now, ya suppose it could be...to SELL IT TO THE UMPIRE?
Wow - who'd'a thunk it?
Time to demand some impartiality from the TV booth.:wink:

Well, to be fair, I think Josh Paul thought he caught it clearly (or wasn't thinking at all). I'm still not convinced either way as far as what really occurred(the replays show some change of direction, but it's not really clear whether it hit his glove or the ground IMO). Anyway, if Josh Paul thought it even could have hit the ground, he would've tagged AJ and not "tried to sell it". There's no point in trying to sell a strikeout with a dropped ball as not a dropped ball, all you have to do is tag the player and the out counts. Framing a pitch is completely different in that they are trying to get a close pitch called a strike. The strike was already called on the AJ play.

I agree with you that Joe Buck did a horrible job calling it and immediately said it was cleanly caught without clearly looking at the replay, and when the replay was at the very least a little debatable, he ignored it and continued to claim it was a bogus call.

Angels fans have a right to be upset, they just shouldn't be upset at AJ. He's an easy target though, as everyone seems to hate him.

HeHatesShe
04-30-2006, 06:11 AM
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat, and never get caught."

Jerry "the King" Lawler

Layla
04-30-2006, 08:14 AM
If the situation was reversed, the Angel fans would have called it good baseball and a heads up play.

The fact remains, tag the batter.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I agree with you that Joe Buck did a horrible job calling it and immediately said it was cleanly caught without clearly looking at the replay, and when the replay was at the very least a little debatable, he ignored it and continued to claim it was a bogus call.

Angels fans have a right to be upset, they just shouldn't be upset at AJ. He's an easy target though, as everyone seems to hate him.
Buck was bad, but McCarver was no better. The guy was a catcher himself. They blew the call at least as much as the umpire.

As for Angels fans, they have NO right to be upset. At best it was a borderline strike 3 catch, and any major league catcher deserving the title knows to ALWAYS tag the runner (or throw to first base) to be double-sure. Josh Paul proved he was a BUSHER for throwing away the ball and kicking away the game for his team. He even ADMITTED he never heard a CUSTOMARY out call. But he blames the umpire anyway???
:o:

Josh Paul was a member of the Anaheim Angels. If Angel fans have a right to be upset, their target should be their BUSHER catcher and the nimrod MANAGER who not only put a third stringer into a pennant series game, but then completely destroyed his own team's championship focus by whining and bitching about it while sticking up for li'l Joshy.

Angels fans are idiots to the exact extent they blame anyone but their own team and manager for their own major league **** up last October. It was a BUSH play by BUSHERS.

They need to start dealing with it.

slavko
04-30-2006, 12:14 PM
It was also where the original Twilight Zone episode called 'The Mighty Casey' was filmed.

Lip

Lip, man of much information, refresh my memory. The minor league Angels (pre-West Coast MLB) played at Wrigley Field. What was the name of the park where the other LA minor league team, the Hollywood Stars played?

Lip Man 1
04-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I believe the Stars also played at Wrigley Field.

Also Ozzie's comments about Escobar and Paul in today's papers are priceless!

Lip

shbart
04-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's the deal. Forget the dropped third strike play. A.J. commited catchers interference on Steve Finley, Podsednik probably knew he was picked off and J. Dye more or less admitted that he fouled the ball that was called a HBP and yet none of these outstanding men came forward and told the Umpire and pleaded for a reversal of their original call, thereby we cheated. I totally understand this bass ackwards mentality, no matter how pathetic it makes fans of the Annawhine Angels look. It's how teams and their fans react when they need an excuse for not being as good as the competition. Something we no longer have to deal with :smile:

Strangely, I'm sure Victor Conte will find a way to make money off all this cheating.

SOXSINCE'70
04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Ozzie's comments about Escobar and Paul in today's papers are priceless!

Lip

To quote the title of Jimmy Piersall's 80's tome,"The Truth Hurts".

Dick Allen
04-30-2006, 05:45 PM
The Angel fans, as well as Buck and McCarver, are all convinced that the Angels would have won in extra innings. Knuckleheads.

slavko
04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I believe the Stars also played at Wrigley Field.

Also Ozzie's comments about Escobar and Paul in today's papers are priceless!

Lip
It was a lifetime ago, but the park where I saw a Stars game had netting from dugout to dugout extending up to the grandstand upper deck roof (no souveneirs there) and wasn't the Wrigley Field of Home Run Derby fame. Any LA natives know the name?

(After the fact edit because I looked it up) They played at Gilmore Field in the Fairfax district of LA.

flo-B-flo
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Buck was bad, but McCarver was no better. The guy was a catcher himself. They blew the call at least as much as the umpire.

As for Angels fans, they have NO right to be upset. At best it was a borderline strike 3 catch, and any major league catcher deserving the title knows to ALWAYS tag the runner (or throw to first base) to be double-sure. Josh Paul proved he was a BUSHER for throwing away the ball and kicking away the game for his team. He even ADMITTED he never heard a CUSTOMARY out call. But he blames the umpire anyway???

Josh Paul was a member of the Anaheim Angels. If Angel fans have a right to be upset, their target should be their BUSHER catcher and the nimrod MANAGER who not only put a third stringer into a pennant series game, but then completely destroyed his own team's championship focus by whining and bitching about it while sticking up for li'l Joshy.

Angels fans are idiots to the exact extent they blame anyone but their own team and manager for their own major league **** up last October. It was a BUSH play by BUSHERS.

They need to start dealing with it. Mr PHG, I was gonna write almost the exact thing. Including the cussing. TAG THE RUNNER. ANYTHING close and AJ does, every single time. And to their fans: go ahead, boo it up AJ loves it. You all are on the ding-dong side anyway. Rally monkees, glorified whoopee cushions sheesh. Only c-- fans can compare. And the Marlins "cheated" too.

IlliniSox4Life
04-30-2006, 07:21 PM

They need to start dealing with it.

That was my point about being upset. They have a right to be upset, but not at AJ. They should be upset at their catcher/manager, and possibly the Umps, but AJ and the White Sox didn't do anything wrong.

Here's the deal. Forget the dropped third strike play. A.J. commited catchers interference on Steve Finley, Podsednik probably knew he was picked off and J. Dye more or less admitted that he fouled the ball that was called a HBP and yet none of these outstanding men came forward and told the Umpire and pleaded for a reversal of their original call, thereby we cheated. I totally understand this bass ackwards mentality, no matter how pathetic it makes fans of the Annawhine Angels look.

No, we didn't cheat. Cheating is doing something to gain an unfair advantage, and in most cases, that is something against MLB rules. Steroids, corked bats, paying off an ump, those things are cheating. Letting the umps make the calls is not cheating. There is nothing in the rule books that requires a player to tell an umpire that he thinks his call was wrong to my knowledge.

Hangar18
05-01-2006, 08:23 AM

We saw that guy walk right by us in LF. We Laughed at him. To be honest, most Angel Fans were more tongue-in-cheek about that. Longshot and I laughed at the guy, and some Angel fans next to us overheard this. I explained to them
that "Cheating" was using a Corked Bat, and that another team was famous for that. They Agreed and we didnt hear about it again afterwards.

oeo
05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Here's the deal. Forget the dropped third strike play. A.J. commited catchers interference on Steve Finley, Podsednik probably knew he was picked off and J. Dye more or less admitted that he fouled the ball that was called a HBP and yet none of these outstanding men came forward and told the Umpire and pleaded for a reversal of their original call, thereby we cheated. I totally understand this bass ackwards mentality, no matter how pathetic it makes fans of the Annawhine Angels look. It's how teams and their fans react when they need an excuse for not being as good as the competition. Something we no longer have to deal with :smile:

Strangely, I'm sure Victor Conte will find a way to make money off all this cheating.
If Steve Finley wasn't too busy whining while he was running to first, he would have been on first and they would have had 1st and 3rd with 1 out (if I remember correctly)...instead he was too busy crying to the umpire while he was running and ended up being doubled up, and there you have it...Steve Finley the rally killer.

The umpire was in no position to make that call on Pods, those plays happen all year long.

And Dye's "HBP" happened so fast, how can the naked eye see that? Yet another time that dumbass Buck and McCarver had to make their great analysis by slowing down and zooming in.

All this was made into a HUGE deal. But Lane's (I think it was him) HR in Game 3 of the World Series was looked over, but it was nothing big to these guys. If that's not called a homerun, the Sox would have never had to go 14 innings to win that game. FOX did everything they could to make sure it looked like the Sox caught all the breaks.

shbart
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
If Steve Finley wasn't too busy whining while he was running to first, he would have been on first and they would have had 1st and 3rd with 1 out (if I remember correctly)...instead he was too busy crying to the umpire while he was running and ended up being doubled up, and there you have it...Steve Finley the rally killer.

The umpire was in no position to make that call on Pods, those plays happen all year long.

And Dye's "HBP" happened so fast, how can the naked eye see that? Yet another time that dumbass Buck and McCarver had to make their great analysis by slowing down and zooming in.

All this was made into a HUGE deal. But Lane's (I think it was him) HR in Game 3 of the World Series was looked over, but it was nothing big to these guys. If that's not called a homerun, the Sox would have never had to go 14 innings to win that game. FOX did everything they could to make sure it looked like the Sox caught all the breaks.

I'd pretty much agree with you. I think the Sox did get the majority of the breaks (none determined the outcome of any game), but the one call that went against them (the HR) was completely ignored on the Fox broadcast. I don't mind the numerous replays and zoomed in feature, but I want it used fairly.