PDA

View Full Version : Another Upper Deck Question....

Ortegels
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Got some free tix from seeing the Trophy last month. My question is that they are row 3 in sect 554. I've never sat in the UD and wondered if it might be too much for a 4 1/2 year old. Does anyone know exactly how steep it is in the third row up there? Thanks for all your replys!

skottyj242
04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Third row you should be fine.

salty99
04-28-2006, 01:05 PM
3rd row isn't bad. I can't speak for a young child though.

rdwj
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
While I'm not a UD guy generally, those are fine. Actually, they're all fine for free and you shouldn't have an issue with the kid as long as he can sit still for a while. If not - go to fundamentals.

HomeFish
04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Make sure to bring an oxygen mask. Bring a tin can and your kid might get a chance to feed the mountain goat.

soxfan13
04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Make sure to bring an oxygen mask. Bring a tin can and your kid might get a chance to feed the mountain goat.

Dont forget to watch for those snipers

Iwritecode
04-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Dont forget to watch for those snipers

Be sure to bring sun tan lotion because you'll actually be closer to the sun than the field.

Seriously, row 3 in the upper deck is pretty good. Great view of the field.

batmanZoSo
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Got some free tix from seeing the Trophy last month. My question is that they are row 3 in sect 554. I've never sat in the UD and wondered if it might be too much for a 4 1/2 year old. Does anyone know exactly how steep it is in the third row up there? Thanks for all your replys!

With the roof, you feel very secure up there if you're the kind who might be afraid of heights a little bit. You don't see as much sky and the thing doesn't go up that far. The upper deck is fantastic no matter where you're sitting unless you're one of the unfortunate handful who might have pole blocking your view of home plate, which, in row 3, doesn't come into play.

IlliniSox4Life
04-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Third row is like two feet higher than the first row, and without having a lot of people/rows in front of you, there should be no issue at all. If you can get seats in the first few rows of the UD, a lot of people consider those to be better than getting seats in the lower bowl but 30 rows back.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
It's fine up there. It's not like you're hanging on to your seat so you don't fall.

Go and be happy.

hold2dibber
04-28-2006, 03:28 PM

I've been in similar UD seats with my kids many times -- the height/steepness isn't an issue at all. The only reason I prefer the lower bowl when I'm with the youngsters is because when they get bored and want to explore, in the lower deck you can roam the concourse and still watch the game (though my wife tells me I have to kind of keep an eye on the kids, too). That's not an option in the UD - but as someone else noted, you can access the Fundamentals deck where you can still see the field and the kids can work off those churros.

ewokpelts
04-28-2006, 03:44 PM
they gave you free tix when you saw the trophy?
Gene

Ortegels
04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
they gave you free tix when you saw the trophy?
Gene

Ya... We answered some trivia questions and got 3 free tix and a ball with the Sox logo and "World Series Champions" on it. Thanks again guys... Don't usually post here, but have lurked everyday for the last 3 years.. so I really do appreciate the info. And BTW, I clicked on the view from the UD on the Sox website, and the field looks beautiful from up there.

ewokpelts
04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Ya... We answered some trivia questions and got 3 free tix and a ball with the Sox logo and "World Series Champions" on it. Thanks again guys... Don't usually post here, but have lurked everyday for the last 3 years.. so I really do appreciate the info. And BTW, I clicked on the view from the UD on the Sox website, and the field looks beautiful from up there.i gotta go to a trophy tour stop now....again...

ws05champs
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
With the roof, you feel very secure up there if you're the kind who might be afraid of heights a little bit. You don't see as much sky and the thing doesn't go up that far.

Actually the roof is not over your head until at least the 10th or 12th row. At row 3 you really won't notice it. How your 4 1/2 year old reacts might depend on how the child feels about heights in general. Some kids love it and I've seen adults too afraid to stand up for the seventh inning stretch. You will probably find out real quick once you get through the concourse. If the kid does have a problem, check with guest services in back of home plate. They might be able to upgrade you to a seat in the lower deck.