PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got precisely what I need...

PaleHoseGeorge
01-26-2002, 06:22 PM
...a new signature courtesy Jerry_Manuel. It pretty well sums up my credo.

(For you young whipper snappers, that's Ken Stabler on the left. The guy would do anything to win a game--including cheat!)

Paulwny
01-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
...a new signature courtesy Jerry_Manuel. It pretty well sums up my credo.

(For you young whipper snappers, that's Ken Stabler on the left. The guy would do anything to win a game--including cheat!)

They changed the rules after the "convienent fumble".

PaleHoseGeorge
01-26-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
They changed the rules after the "convienent fumble".

I loved that play. Nothing epitomizes the Raiders more than that forward fumble touchdown. Who was the tight end? Dave Casper?

A classic moment for results-oriented "Just win, baby!" JWSers like me!

Paulwny
01-26-2002, 06:50 PM

I loved that play. Nothing epitomizes the Raiders more than that forward fumble touchdown. Who was the tight end? Dave Casper?

A classic moment for results-oriented "Just win, baby!" JWSers like me!

I'm almost positive it was Casper. I can still see flipping the ball toward the end zone and Casper falling on it.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-26-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm almost positive it was Casper. I can still see flipping the ball toward the end zone and Casper falling on it.

What was funny was the way Stabler tried to make it look unintentional. He sort of spun around and gracefully heaved the ball forward as if he couldn't help but lose control. It was hysterical.

Didn't that win come against Miami?

:wanne
"That was before my time. All the pieces were not in place."

Paulwny
01-26-2002, 07:11 PM

What was funny was the way Stabler tried to make it look unintentional. He sort of spun around and gracefully heaved the ball forward as if he couldn't help but lose control. It was hysterical.

Didn't that win come against Miami?

:wanne
"That was before my time. All the pieces were not in place."

I had to look it up, it was in 74 against the Chargers. The raiders have been in quite a few controversial games., The Heide Game, The Immaculate Reception, The Holy Roller (Forward Fumble),and this last game against New England

RichH55
01-27-2002, 01:18 AM

I had to look it up, it was in 74 against the Chargers. The raiders have been in quite a few controversial games., The Heide Game, The Immaculate Reception, The Holy Roller (Forward Fumble),and this last game against New England

Oakland/LA Raiders ...gang jersey of choice:)

PaleHoseGeorge
01-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

How did you know I was in a gang?

irish rover
01-28-2002, 09:54 AM
speaking of sports gear and gangs, the Spanish Cobras in chicago like to wear cub gear because of the big"C", however there is no gang in chicago that uses sox gear as an identifer

FarmerAndy
01-28-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

If I remember right, White Sox hats were pretty popular in the south central L.A. scene in the early 90's. It must be something to do with the colors (Raiders/Sox). I just saw the Ice-T 'Behind the Music' on VH-1 the other night, and there were alot of pictures of him with a Sox hat on. I also remember Ice Cube sportin' White Sox gear on the back cover of one of his records. There's also some new video on MTV that shows one of the guys in an '83 Sox jersey.

I'm not too big on the rap music, but it sure seems that alot of those guys dig the White Sox.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I'm not too big on the rap music, but it sure seems that alot of those guys dig the White Sox.

This raises an interesting question. What kind of celebrity would wear a Cubs jersey/cap as part of their identity? I'm not talking about the clowns who do the celebrity seventh inning stretch at Wrigley, Barney as an example. I'm talking about well-known celebrities who identify with the team, and make wearing Cubs clothing part of their public image?

Jim Belushi, second-rate actor. Not even the funniest guy in his own family.

John Cusack, psuedo-intellectual and macho man.

Nearly anybody whose a celebrity under the age of 14.

Others?

FarmerAndy
01-28-2002, 02:23 PM

This raises an interesting question. What kind of celebrity would wear a Cubs jersey/cap as part of their identity? Others?

Hilary Clinton. Oh wait, she's a Yankee fan. No, she's a Cub fan. Right? No, it's the Yankees. Or is it the Cubs?