PDA

View Full Version : Autograph suggestions

mike squires
04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
I will be in Tampa for at least two games in two weeks. Can't get here soon enough. I need some advice on possible autograph ideas.

Bhuerlie's cereal box...what color of marker?

Jim Thome...Try to get his college bobblehead signed or a single ball?

Scott Podsednik's SI cover...It's kind of dark, black marker

I have two Frank Thomas single balls. Should I take one and try and get as many players as I can on it?

I know this is a stupid question, but what kind of pen should I use. I have three sigs on balls that got faded by the sun. Borchard, Baines and some of my 83 ball. Is there a special one that doesn't get damaged from the sun.

Thanks for any advice, Mike
Any other suggestions would be great.

sircaffey1
04-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Black ball point pen on baseballs. A Bic brand is fine. MAKE SURE its writing before you hand the player the pen. I suggest a silver sharpie for the Buehrle cereal box. Silver also on the Pods cover.

ewokpelts
04-28-2006, 12:36 AM
I will be in Tampa for at least two games in two weeks. Can't get here soon enough. I need some advice on possible autograph ideas.

Bhuerlie's cereal box...what color of marker?

Jim Thome...Try to get his college bobblehead signed or a single ball?

Scott Podsednik's SI cover...It's kind of dark, black marker

I have two Frank Thomas single balls. Should I take one and try and get as many players as I can on it?

I know this is a stupid question, but what kind of pen should I use. I have three sigs on balls that got faded by the sun. Borchard, Baines and some of my 83 ball. Is there a special one that doesn't get damaged from the sun.

Thanks for any advice, Mike
Any other suggestions would be great.
burly box..black sharpie
thome...ball
pods..silver
did you pay alot fo the frank balls? if not, go for a team ball...

and all balls should be done in ball poitn pens

WCCMIKE
04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Since Pods SI cover is dark why not use a silver sharpie.:?:

mike squires
04-28-2006, 08:34 AM
burly box..black sharpie
thome...ball
pods..silver
did you pay alot fo the frank balls? if not, go for a team ball...

and all balls should be done in ball poitn pens

Thanks. No, didn't pay a dime. got them in Spring Training back in 2000. I also have a couple cards signed. Thanks for the suggestions.

salty99
04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I got the Wheaties box from Buehrle done in black sharpie and it looks nice..he basically signed in on part of the orange and part of the gray uniform pants.

jm11744
04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm most likely repeating some of the above posts, but I can say that in my experience Silver Sharpies or the equivalent are top notch for picture oriented autographs.

You do have to be careful with Sharpies, especially in a busy place. I was frantically getting autographs at Dragon-con (yes, I am a geek), and smudged one without really realizing it on the back of another picture.

mike squires
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm most likely repeating some of the above posts, but I can say that in my experience Silver Sharpies or the equivalent are top notch for picture oriented autographs.

You do have to be careful with Sharpies, especially in a busy place. I was frantically getting autographs at Dragon-con (yes, I am a geek), and smudged one without really realizing it on the back of another picture.

Welcome aboard.

jm11744
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboard.

Thank you very much!

goofymsfan
04-28-2006, 12:20 PM
One thing to keep in mind with the Silver Sharpies is to always keep them tip down. There is a whole explaination (http://www.sharpie.com/sanford/consumer/sharpie/whatsinside/science.jhtml) for this on the Sharpie website. The Silver looks sharp on anything thing that is dark colored.

mccoydp
04-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Thank you very much!

No, thank you! :cool:

Frontman
04-28-2006, 01:35 PM

Nice to see another sci-fi geek joining the ranks. Welcome aboard.

Front

jm11744
04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Big fan of Firefly myself, and Star Wars of course - which brings me to:

I have a signature of The Darth Maul Guy that looks very snazzy. The picture is mostly black, as you can imagine, and he used a bright blue sharpy marker. It really stands out on there and is easy to read. Looks fairly cool too.

Sorry about the lame attempt to bring two subjects together LOL, but it's my attempt to keep from hijacking the thread.