PDA

View Full Version : what happened to Konerkos grand slam ball?

richb2
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I hapen to live in san jose , ca which is A's territory ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh and I have never read anything about whay happened to the grand slam ball he hit in the world series. did he ever get ti back or did the fan keep it? I have not read anything about the ball beign sold or anything????

rocky biddle
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I think I read somewhere that he sold it to Harry Caray's restaurant. I've been wrong on numerous occasions though.

edit- I was right. Here's the link- http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=11106&si=121

Palehose13
04-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I think I read somewhere that he sold it to Harry Caray's restaurant. I've been wrong on numerous occasions though.

edit- I was right. Here's the link- http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=11106&si=121

:rolleyes: Ah well...

richb2
04-27-2006, 09:38 PM
thanks---------aA's fans out here sure are sure they are goingto beat the sox in the ALCS, of course I defend ther sox every step of the way lol. I will be driving down to the belly of the beast to see the white sx win three in L.A. I hope I have the same experience as last time sitting in the rain and watching the sox win the American league. It will be nuts down there but I will proudly where my White sox world series champion hat.

MUsoxfan
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Harry Caray's has done a really nice job with the World Series display

'59SOX'05
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
The story in the link doesn't say that the ball was "sold" to Harry Caray's. To me it sounds like it is on loan for the restaurants display. Some individual is named as the owner of the grand slam ball.

MUsoxfan
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
The story in the link doesn't say that the ball was "sold" to Harry Caray's. To me it sounds like it is on loan for the restaurants display. Some individual is named as the owner of the grand slam ball.

Yeah, I'm sure Harry Caray's paid the guy a fee to have it for a period of time. There's a picture of the guy after he caught it and a letter from the Governor to the guy about it.

SaltyPretzel
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that he donated the ball.

Two By Four
04-29-2006, 04:21 PM
It's on loan...but here's a very strange, little known fact about that ball and the guy who caught it.

The company that we use to edit the White Sox television commercials after we write them is called Cutters. They do a great job for us. And as part of their compensation we get them season tickets from the Sox. The guy that caught the ball is one of the editors at Cutters and was using the tickets that they earned working on the commercials. And to top it off, we just finished a new spot with that grand slam shot in the commercial, showing that guy catching the ball.

The odds of all that happening have to be astronimical. Just another indication that 2005 was indeed a strange, unique, special year.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf is going to hand Paul Konerko the ball at the 2006 World Series Downtown Rally and Pauly will exclaim "This is the most emotional moment of my life" in front of 3.2 million White Sox fans.

ondafarm
04-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I thought that particular ball hadn't come down yet.