PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Cleveland?

Cat Thief
04-27-2006, 09:05 AM
The wife and I are leaving on Sunday. We have good seats for the Monday game right behind the Sox dugout and some crappy uppers for Tuesday.

How is the crowd out there? Should I be expecting a barrage of peanuts during the game?

Scottiehaswheels
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I hit up the last series last year when the Tribe got beat by our AAA team.... I didn't have any problems but then again I was lucky enough to be in a section with decent contigent of Sox fans.. Only place I ever had any "problems" would be in Detroit (AL Central clincher as well as the first 2 we lost) when I was threatened that I could expect to be shivved walking out of the park... Needless to say that guy got shaken down by security...

chisoxfanatic
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I hit up the last series last year when the Tribe got beat by our AAA team.... I didn't have any problems but then again I was lucky enough to be in a section with decent contigent of Sox fans.

What could Cleveland fans say? We destroyed them all season long, including during that sweep. And, all they had to do was win to get the Wild Card. They couldn't do that. We sent them home early!

Scottiehaswheels
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
What could Cleveland fans say? What can Cubs fans say? They could say whatever they want... I was enjoying watching them crash and burn personally... but in terms of rudeness, like I said I was around a lot of Sox fans.... walking around the concourse I caught flak for sure but not too bad... Not as bad as I did out in the concourse areas at Minute Maid/Comerica.... :o:

SaltyPretzel
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I was there about 4 years ago wearing my Sox jersey and didn't have any problems.

maurice
04-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Been to Cleveland and Detroit multiple times and never had a problem.

Cat Thief
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Well we walked around the Stadium last night and caught some flack. Some ******* told my buddies girl the the Sox suck and **** you. Real classy. I have a feeling it's going to be rough at the game tonight. But, we have plenty of ammunition to strike back with. Especially since we now have the best record in the majors!:bandance:

BTW I don't think the City of Cleveland owns any street sweepers. What a dirty ass town.

ewokpelts
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
i'll be at espn zone watching it on teh big screen...i got leather couchers reserved for it...
Gene

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
What could Cleveland fans say? We destroyed them all season long, including during that sweep. And, all they had to do was win to get the Wild Card. They couldn't do that. We sent them home early!

That was pretty damn cool

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
The Jake is a great park, I like going there. I do get the sense of the city of Cleveland enveloping me though during the game and I start to get nervous and freaked out and want to leave immediately.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
The Jake is a great park, I like going there. I do get the sense of the city of Cleveland enveloping me though during the game and I start to get nervous and freaked out and want to leave immediately.

http://images.t-shirts.com/printed/jpegs/LIQ001/large/11396.jpg

RealFan
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I just found out that I have to be in Cleveland tomorrow morning for a meeting and I am headed to the airport in a few hours. So I'll be able to walk up to tonight's game. I can't imagine that a Monday night in May would be sold out, so I'll just buy a single at the park.

I was a little nervous about wearing a Sox cap or jersey in the Jake by myself, but I think I will go for it.

Garland_IS_God
05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
My buddy called me Sunday and was like hey lets go to Cleveland Tuesday so of course im not going to pass that up. I gotta work all this week so I gotta think of a good excuse for work since I was ''sick'' a few weeks ago. :tongue:

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm not going to be going to any games this series, sadly work schedule will not permit it. At least I can watch the Tuesday game before work.

chisoxfanatic
05-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Well we walked around the Stadium last night and caught some flack. Some ******* told my buddies girl the the Sox suck and **** you. Real classy. I have a feeling it's going to be rough at the game tonight. But, we have plenty of ammunition to strike back with. Especially since we now have the best record in the majors!:bandance:

BTW I don't think the City of Cleveland owns any street sweepers. What a dirty ass town.

If winning the World Series means that we suck, I want our Sox to suck like they've never sucked before!!! :D:

whitesoxwilkes
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
I went to the last 2 games of the season. Saturday I got stuck next to some meatheads who gave me grief about the Sox and my "bad choice" in beers by drinking Miller Lite. We kinda hazed each other back and forth pretty good, but nothing that nasty.

Met a ton of Sox fans on the picnic deck in like the 7th when I went to get beers and watched the rest of the game with them in some empty seats.

WS in 05
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
going to the three game series later this year.....went last year for sweep following the all star break and had a great time....nothing bad to say at all except for some english there for some soccer tourney singing some christmas songs with indians players names included.......walking in a hafner wonderland? 5 cocoo crisps...4grady sizemores.....

was quite entertaining but got annoying as they kept repeating themselves

SOXintheBURGH
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Cleveland Sucks! (http://www.steelersinhoboken.com/Downloads/Fight_Songs/MP3/Cleveland%20Sucks.mp3)