PDA

View Full Version : MLBTv

South Side
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Can you purchase individual games on MLB Tv? Please say yes... I only see a 79 dollar package and a monthly package. I could have sworn I read here that you could buy one game.

LAZCONUS
04-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I live in Rockford and cannot get that stupid WCIU. If I could get the U games on MLBTV that would be sweet. The "U" is evil!!!:angry:

South Side
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I live in Rockford and cannot get that stupid WCIU. If I could get the U games on MLBTV that would be sweet. The "U" is evil!!!:angry:

Yes, yes it is. PLEASE, someone let us know.

drewcifer
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry boys, but no. They used to offer it (about 3 years back) but no more.

Only package deals now. I think a month to month plan or, flat out anything you want regular season deal.

Spend the $80 on the season deal, though. It will pay for itself fast for an avid fan.

*Edit - One other thing: MLB.TV honors the same blackout restrictions that you experience on TV. I can't watch a Yankee game here (for example... like I'd really want to), but they won't show it. Even if ESPN is showing the Cubs and St. Louis while I sit in NJ, it's on ESPN in my area.....they won't let you view it.

They trace your IP.

IlliniSox4Life
04-26-2006, 08:47 PM
You can buy past games individually, like the World Series games or whatever you want. I think they cost 3.99. As far as I know though, you have to sign up for the monthly package at the least. You can, however, cancel and get a refund within 5 days.

EDIT: From my MLBtv email:
For your convenience, your subscription automatically renews, without interruption, before the start of each subsequent MLB season at the rate then in effect unless you cancel your subscription by sending an email requesting cancellation to customerservice2@website.mlb.com (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=a3-qUM6QYU3CYIeGl8fQeC85rq_s4jWW9yR) or by calling Customer Service at (866) 800-1275. MLB.com will honor any refund request for a monthly subscription made within 5 days of the purchase or within 5 days of the last billing.

South Side
04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry boys,

And girls... ughh this day gets worse and worse. Now I can't watch the game... great. :angry: :angry: :angry: :whiner: :whiner:

drewcifer
04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Yessir - And the girls too. <My bad>

South Side
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
So it turns out after my tantrum, I do have WCIU. :redface:

drewcifer
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
So it turns out after my tantrum, I do have WCIU. :redface:

And what of the girls?

<JK>

markopat
04-27-2006, 12:29 AM
I have this in AZ and it is AWESOME...they black-out the D-Backs (which I don't give a crap about). I do get tons of SOX games. I have a friend in the Chicago area that bought it last year and he was blacked-out a lot...Make sure you read their Black-out policy before buying. For me...the $80 was an amazing deal as I probably watched 120 games on MLB-TV last year!

Good Luck!