PDA

View Full Version : Bonds' 711th HR ties game in 9th - should've never happened...

WhiteSoxFan84
04-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Barry Bonds shouldn't have batted. Moises Alou shouldn't have reached base before him. And Omar Vizquel shouldn't have scored on Moises Alou's groundball to the third baseman.

The Giants/Mets game this afternoon had a very strange bottom of the 9th. The Mets were up 7-4 heading into the bottom half of what should've been the final frame. Billy Wagner came in to close the game for the Mets.

Omar Vizquel led-off with a base hit to leftfield. Jose Vizcaino then struck out. Vizquel stole 2nd while Randy Winn was batting. Winn would go on to strike out. With Vizquel on 2nd, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and the Mets up 7-4, Moises Alou came up to bat with Barry Bonds on deck. Alou grounded the ball to third base; the ball was fielded by young phenom David Wright who is usually very dependable at 3rd. However, Wright made a horrible throw, Alou reached base, and Vizquel scored.

With the score 7-5, runner on, and Bonds up, Wagner decided to pitch to Bonds. Barry took the 2-1 offering from Wagner and smashed it into centerfield to tie the game and send it into extra innings.

It's currently the top of the 11th and the Mets are up 9-7.

gbergman
04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
good for barry, who cares

palehozenychicty
04-26-2006, 09:31 PM
the ball was fielded by young phenom David Wright who is usually very dependable at 3rd. However, Wright made a horrible throw, Alou reached base, and Vizquel scored.

Actually, Wright's defense is pretty shaky. He made a couple key errors in the Padres series and cost the metropolitans a game last year against the yankmees. he is definitely NOT joe crede. i think that zimmerman is a better all-around 3rd sacker, IMO.

Ho

EndemicSox
04-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Actually, Wright's defense is pretty shaky. He made a couple key errors in the Padres series and cost the metropolitans a game last year against the yankmees. he is definitely NOT joe crede. i think that zimmerman is a better all-around 3rd sacker, IMO.

Ho

In time, Zimmerman has a chance to be special, but I don't think he is on the same level as Wright.

getonbckthr
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Barry Bonds shouldn't have batted. Moises Alou shouldn't have reached base before him. And Omar Vizquel shouldn't have scored on Moises Alou's groundball to the third baseman.

The Giants/Mets game this afternoon had a very strange bottom of the 9th. The Mets were up 7-4 heading into the bottom half of what should've been the final frame. Billy Wagner came in to close the game for the Mets.

Omar Vizquel led-off with a base hit to leftfield. Jose Vizcaino then struck out. Vizquel stole 2nd while Randy Winn was batting. Winn would go on to strike out. With Vizquel on 2nd, 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and the Mets up 7-4, Moises Alou came up to bat with Barry Bonds on deck. Alou grounded the ball to third base; the ball was fielded by young phenom David Wright who is usually very dependable at 3rd. However, Wright made a horrible throw, Alou reached base, and Vizquel scored.

With the score 7-5, runner on, and Bonds up, Wagner decided to pitch to Bonds. Barry took the 2-1 offering from Wagner and smashed it into centerfield to tie the game and send it into extra innings.

You know there is 1 thing worse than Flubsession at WSI, its Bondsession. People are so against this guy that now we are saying cause of an error his homer should have never happened, should we strike this from the record book too? Let me guess the cream and the clear got into Wright's head forcing him to make an errant throw leading to the Bonds at bat right? Yes Barry took steroids of 1 form or another, but so have many other ball players. Deal with it, accept it and move on.

Iwritecode
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
You know there is 1 thing worse than Flubsession at WSI, its Bondsession. People are so against this guy that now we are saying cause of an error his homer should have never happened, should we strike this from the record book too?

Maybe shoota has a new name? :D:

daveeym
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe shoota has a new name? :D: Shoota would have agreed that the home run didn't count.

SOXPHILE
04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree, it shouldn't have happened, but for a different reason. Barry Bonds should not be playing in a Major League game. He should have been scorned, tarred, feathered and banned from the game already. GO AWAY BARRY ! and take your personal PR man from ESPN, Pedro Gomez, with you.

soxfan13
04-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I agree, it shouldn't have happened, but for a different reason. Barry Bonds should not be playing in a Major League game. He should have been scorned, tarred, feathered and banned from the game already. GO AWAY BARRY ! and take your personal PR man from ESPN, Pedro Gomez, with you.

Was just about to write that til i got to your post. Couldnt agree more.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
You know there is 1 thing worse than Flubsession at WSI, its Bondsession. People are so against this guy that now we are saying cause of an error his homer should have never happened, should we strike this from the record book too? Let me guess the cream and the clear got into Wright's head forcing him to make an errant throw leading to the Bonds at bat right? Yes Barry took steroids of 1 form or another, but so have many other ball players. Deal with it, accept it and move on.

:?: ................ why do so many people on WSI think I'm the one that stole their box of Fruity Pebbles??

And did you read what I wrote or did you re-write my post in your head and respond to the "revised" edition? If this was Bonds or Pujols or Thome, I would've used the same title.... well, actually not for Thome because then I'd be happy. But the fact remains, Bonds should've never batted and the game should've been over. I don't hate Bonds like most people do. I still think he's a racist cheater, but I don't hate him. The game had a very interesting bottom of the 9th and it just so happens Bonds tied the game up with his historic 711th HR.

And you saying other players have taking steroids too, ask yourself this; how many of them are close to breaking the sport's "most elusive" offensive record? Zero.

Ol' No. 2
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Shoota would have agreed that the home run didn't count.But only because Joe Crede should have caught it.:cool:

NardiWasHere
04-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes Barry took steroids of 1 form or another, but so have many other ball players. Deal with it, accept it and move on.

:rolleyes: :puking: :rolleyes: :puking:

getonbckthr
04-27-2006, 05:09 PM
:?: ................ why do so many people on WSI think I'm the one that stole their box of Fruity Pebbles??

And did you read what I wrote or did you re-write my post in your head and respond to the "revised" edition? If this was Bonds or Pujols or Thome, I would've used the same title.... well, actually not for Thome because then I'd be happy. But the fact remains, Bonds should've never batted and the game should've been over. I don't hate Bonds like most people do. I still think he's a racist cheater, but I don't hate him. The game had a very interesting bottom of the 9th and it just so happens Bonds tied the game up with his historic 711th HR.

And you saying other players have taking steroids too, ask yourself this; how many of them are close to breaking the sport's "most elusive" offensive record? Zero.
Then for now on every time an error has an impact on the outcome of a game please start a thread on it. I never see threads, unless White Sox related, started because of an error. If the error would have been something like a groundball to short and the shortstop threw it into the upper deck thats a note worthy error but just a regular old error that occures everyday is not note worthy, thats all im saying.

IlliniSox4Life
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Then for now on every time an error has an impact on the outcome of a game please start a thread on it. I never see threads, unless White Sox related, started because of an error. If the error would have been something like a groundball to short and the shortstop threw it into the upper deck thats a note worthy error but just a regular old error that occures everyday is not note worthy, thats all im saying.
I would say it's notable if for no other reason than it brings Barry one closer to Babe Ruth's record. Sure, I hate him, I'll admit it, but lets say this was football, and there was either a clock management error by another team or something, and it gave whoever is playing one extra throw and whoever is trailing the career touchdown record by a couple TDs scores a touchdown. (I'm speaking hypothetically here of course). That would be noteworthy no matter who it is. Add in the fact that the player is accused of taking steroids, it isn't just a regular old error. It's an error that allowed Barry Bonds to get closer to passing Ruth.

C-Dawg
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I would say it's notable if for no other reason than it brings Barry one closer to Babe Ruth's record.

Which record of Ruth's? The former all-time HR record? :D:

miker
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Which record of Ruth's? The former all-time HR record? :D:
In Barry Bonds' eyes it's "most homeruns by a white guy"...

Railsplitter
04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Selig has said there won't be any special recognition if and when Bonds hits 715.

ChiSoxGirl
04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Selig has said there won't be any special recognition if and when Bonds hits 715.

MLB's way of speaking without saying a word! :thumbsup:

soxfan13
04-28-2006, 03:28 PM

There never should have been even a thought of recognition Ruth doesnt hold the record