PDA

View Full Version : Argh!

czalgosz
01-26-2002, 08:56 AM
What the @#$& is this?

From the Sporting News...

The team is keeping a close eye on righthander Kris Honel, its first-round pick in the 2001 draft. Honel went 2-3 with a 3.13 ERA in eight starts for Class A Bristol, but developed pain in his right elbow. He has been placed on a light throwing program, but surgery has not been ruled out. . . .

Please, not again...

RedPinStripes
01-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Wait till he works with Nardi.

kermittheefrog
01-26-2002, 01:40 PM
You can't possibly be surprised. High school pitchers have arm problems all the time, that's why you gotta draft em outta college.

RichH55
01-27-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
You can't possibly be surprised. High school pitchers have arm problems all the time, that's why you gotta draft em outta college.

Though just as hitting has evolved to A-rod at short so has medical science.....when you hear about a minor league potential stud blowing out something you dont have to say could have been great...now the optimists can at least think well at least he got it over with early(morbid and slight hyperbole, but still).....Honel hasnt gone under the knife yet, and I sadly belong in the camp that thinks Honel isnt going to make it, but that it has nothing to do with his arm/....c'est la vie...and Daver take me to task

Daver
01-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Though just as hitting has evolved to A-rod at short so has medical science.....when you hear about a minor league potential stud blowing out something you dont have to say could have been great...now the optimists can at least think well at least he got it over with early(morbid and slight hyperbole, but still).....Honel hasnt gone under the knife yet, and I sadly belong in the camp that thinks Honel isnt going to make it, but that it has nothing to do with his arm/....c'est la vie...and Daver take me to task

Why?

RichH55
01-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by daver

Why?

Usually when I mention Honel your name come up right underneath said post:)

Daver
01-27-2002, 01:31 AM

Usually when I mention Honel your name come up right underneath said post

The only thing I know right now is that he is having elbow pain from pitching more innings in a single year than he has ever pitched.I have hope that it will not involve anything more than a balanced workout schedule.

RichH55
01-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by daver

The only thing I know right now is that he is having elbow pain from pitching more innings in a single year than he has ever pitched.I have hope that it will not involve anything more than a balanced workout schedule.
I hope you are right here...then again I hope I'm wrong about Honel in general...a crap position to be in

Daver
01-27-2002, 01:38 AM

I hope you are right here...then again I hope I'm wrong about Honel in general...a crap position to be in

I have seen most of the games he pitched,he was not a wasted draft pick,but he will not be in the rotation anytime soon.

duke of dorwood
01-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Time will tell, the longer he's in the minors and away from the Jack Kevorkian of pitching coaches, he will overcome this. What bothers me more is the limited number of top prospects from this area that go on to be stars.

:nardi

Who's Next?

Daver
01-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

:nardi

Who's Next?

Twang............................................. ............................................Thump.

:firenardi

Huisj
01-28-2002, 09:18 AM
calling nardi the kevorkian of pitching coaches is implying that the sox pitchers want to suck. do you really think this is the case?