PDA

View Full Version : Black Jerseys on the Road

BLRMKRdave
04-26-2006, 01:19 PM
All road losses have come with the Sox wearing the Road Grey Jerseys. Here's to seeing the black jersey more?

~BLRMKRdave

Fuller_Schettman
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Ironically, these same losses have occurred away from USCF! Perhaps we should play our road games at USCF...:redneck

TheOldRoman
04-26-2006, 01:44 PM
This team is superstitious, just like last year. If they lost a few games in a row in the home/grey, they would switch to black until they lost in it.
They busted out the black jerseys after the first two losses in KC, and wore them until they lost at home to the Blue Jays. The Sox wore black last night because they lost in grey the night before. They will wear black until they lose again, or until a home team they face wears dark, forcing them to wear grey (couldn't happen until the Indians).

I personally would like to see the black jerseys a little less. They are great jerseys, but they should be used as an alternate, worn once or twice a week.

goon
04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I personally would like to see the black jerseys a little less. They are great jerseys, but they should be used as an alternate, worn once or twice a week.

if they keep winning in the black uni's, don't take them off.

ShoelessJoeS
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
This team is superstitious, just like last year. If they lost a few games in a row in the home/grey, they would switch to black until they lost in it.
They busted out the black jerseys after the first two losses in KC, and wore them until they lost at home to the Blue Jays. The Sox wore black last night because they lost in grey the night before. They will wear black until they lose again, or until a home team they face wears dark, forcing them to wear grey (couldn't happen until the Indians).

I personally would like to see the black jerseys a little less. They are great jerseys, but they should be used as an alternate, worn once or twice a week.Are you saying that it is not possible for two teams to wear their alternates in the same game?

batmanZoSo
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
The grey is my jersey of choice to wear myself, but I love the black tops on the road. They just look bad ass beating up on someone in their park with those jerseys. :cool:

TheOldRoman
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Are you saying that it is not possible for two teams to wear their alternates in the same game?
Well, it has happen before, but most of the time it doesn't. The home team always has preference on which jerseys to wear. Maybe it is just in cases where the two teams' dark jerseys are similar colors. For instance, the Blue Jays wore black and made the Sox wear grey during the "somber streak" game because the Sox had just worn their black unis for the last 7 wins. I think the Indians' navy jerseys are dark enough for MLB to mandate the Sox can't wear black on the same day. I know the Rangers and A's have worn their alts during the same game before, so I imagine the rule only applies to similar colors.
Most of the time the Sox won't wear black on the road when the other team wears their team color alts, even if they are playing the Royals or Red Sox.

SoxSideIrish
04-26-2006, 03:25 PM
It was the same way at the end of the season last year, with the white vests/ black shirt underneath. IIRC, they kept wearing them during a streak.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I say we wear the home pinstripes no matter where we are. Screw you KC, Cleveland, Detroit, Seattle, etc.

Seriously I'm cool with the "wear a uniform until we lose" philosophy.

Bobbo35
04-26-2006, 08:14 PM
All road losses have come with the Sox wearing the Road Grey Jerseys. Here's to seeing the black jersey more?

~BLRMKRdave

I am partial to the black jerseys. I think they are best looking uniforms minus the sleeveless pinstripe.

LAZCONUS
04-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I love the black jerseys. Keep them on and keep winning!!! My favorite Stones song happens to be "paint it black". Coincidence, I think not!!!

tick53
04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't like the black jerseys that much at all. Once in a while they are OK,
but I don't want to see them to often, They are like a batters eye 60'6" away. I believe in whites at home and greys on the road.

drewcifer
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
The grey is my jersey of choice to wear myself, but I love the black tops on the road. They just look bad ass beating up on someone in their park with those jerseys. :cool:

They just look bad ass period. I have two - Proud new owner of Dye authentic to go along with my Konerko authentic.

nug0hs
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
we won by 10 runs last night and we are wearing black again right now

BackNBlack
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Yes, we are back in black :cool: teh black jersey is badass.

WinOrDyeTrying
04-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, looks like they wont be wearing them Friday

goon
04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
agreed, let's go grey.

BIG TIME!

Walker29
04-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I prefer the home pinstripes followed by the Black followed by the sleeveless. The Blacks look the best with the home pants during night games under the lights. I don't like the Blacks on the road, they don't go with the grey pants.

Taliesinrk
04-27-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah.. i prefer winning.. here's to winning..:gulp: