PDA

View Full Version : LarryKing/SOX

grizzbr
04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Last night during his interview with Mark Felt aka Deep Throat, Larry was going to a commercial break and said " the White Sox er' White House has just announced that Tony Snow has been named Press Secretary". He then said he must have baseball on his mind.

Thought this was pretty funny.

Hitmen77
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Last night during his interview with Mark Felt aka Deep Throat, Larry was going to a commercial break and said " the White Sox er' White House has just announced that Tony Snow has been named Press Secretary". He then said he must have baseball on his mind.

That's funny.

He's heard of the White Sox? He must not get his sports news from ESPN if he has the White Sox on his mind.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-26-2006, 08:12 PM

I have a tape of his interview with Charles Comiskey after the Black Sox Scandal was uncovered in 1920. Larry lobbed Comiskey softballs and failed to ask him one question about his role in the Scandal - pretty much his schtick 86 years later.

IlliniSox4Life
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I have a tape of his interview with Charles Comiskey after the Black Sox Scandal was uncovered in 1920. Larry lobbed Comiskey softballs and failed to ask him one question about his role in the Scandal - pretty much his schtick 86 years later.

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Brian26
04-26-2006, 09:46 PM

Fantastic!

miker
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Didn't he also blame Bush for this as well?

McCuddy
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM

"Hannibal, Missouri.... hello."

Nellie_Fox
04-27-2006, 04:26 PM
I used to listen to his overnight, syndicated talk show on radio many many years ago when I was working the midnight shift.

He fancied himself quite the baseball expert because he had been boyhood friends with Sandy Koufax in Brooklyn. One night a caller mentioned Luke Appling hitting .388. King said "Appling never hit .388." The caller was momentarily dumfounded, and said "Larry, he hit .388 in 1936." King said "Sir, I'm telling you Luke Appling never hit .388 in his life." Then he hung up on the caller.

Moron.

gbergman
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I used to listen to his overnight, syndicated talk show on radio many many years ago when I was working the midnight shift.

He fancied himself quite the baseball expert because he had been boyhood friends with Sandy Koufax in Brooklyn. One night a caller mentioned Luke Appling hitting .388. King said "Appling never hit .388." The caller was momentarily dumfounded, and said "Larry, he hit .388 in 1936." King said "Sir, I'm telling you Luke Appling never hit .388 in his life." Then he hung up on the caller.

Moron.
to bad the sandy koufax thing was a lie too