PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Imitating Garland????

chitown13
04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Does anyone have the video clip of Ozzie imitating Garland during last nights game when Jonny G dropped the ball. That was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. The facial expressions are priceless

WizardsofOzzie
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Does anyone have the video clip of Ozzie imitating Garland during last nights game when Jonny G dropped the ball. That was the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. The facial expressions are priceless

Now that would be awesome....i was cracking up when i saw that

RealMenWearBlack
04-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I didn't see this because I was busy yesterday, but I remember seeing Boone Logan and Brandon McCarthy copying Bobby Jenks' fist pump from the World Series after they showed it for the "Hometown Heroes" thing.

MrRoboto83
04-25-2006, 11:59 PM

I about fell off the couch when I saw Ozzie imitating Garland

rdwj
04-26-2006, 07:11 AM
They replayed it again yesterday. I've seen it 3 times now and have laughed every time. That little prance he does, coupled with the facial expresions, was comic gold.

Don't worry - it will be on the 2006 Sox Pride and World Series DVDs

Ozzie is great - takes a rough situation and totally lightens the mood.

MadetoOrta
04-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Think about it - the play proved costly but Ozzie knows full well that baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. How would a hothead like Leyland react? Keeping the team loose is ultimately what got them through the miserable part of September last year. That alone is the sign of a solid manager. Ozzie "gets it."

Lip Man 1
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Made:

It's still early but I'd say Leyland was exactly what that franchise needed. A good swift kick in the rear end. They have looked extremely impressive so far on a tough West Coast swing.

So times a team and franchise needs 'tough love...' Not saying one way or the other is always correct...it depends on the situation.

Lip

shes
04-26-2006, 03:35 PM
I broke about three ribs when i saw this yesterday. The little dance, the facial expressions, oh my God, I'm dying just thinking about this right now. Hopefully th clip finds its way onto the net sometime soon.

HotelWhiteSox
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Then he followed by imitating Dusty Baker by leaving his pitcher in too long and blowing the game. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin

SoxSideIrish
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Then he followed by imitating Dusty Baker by leaving his pitcher in too long and blowing the game. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayinKill-Joy. :tongue:

delben91
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Can anyone describe this imitation for those of us unlucky enough to have not witnessed this comedic gold?

johnr1note
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh, you mean JON Garland. I thought for a minute that maybe Ozzie was doing female imitations and singing "Over the Rainbow!"

Fabs
04-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Can anyone describe this imitation for those of us unlucky enough to have not witnessed this comedic gold?
After Garland's error, they showed Ozzie in the dugout. He was prancing forward, and had a ball in one hand, did an oops kind of movement, then threw it to his other hand. He was making comedic facial expressions all the while. I was watching it while "multi tasking", so I believe it was after Judy's 2nd error.

PAPChiSox729
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I heard that Jon stormed into the clubhouse when he got pulled because of Ozzie's antics. Is this just rumor or did anyone see it?

IlliniSox4Life
04-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I heard that Jon stormed into the clubhouse when he got pulled because of Ozzie's antics. Is this just rumor or did anyone see it?

All that I've heard is Ozzie antics were good natured and Jon thought it was funny - you can bet if Jon stormed into the clubhouse that it would be in the Trib.

leens01
04-26-2006, 06:44 PM
They showed Jon smiling and laughing in the dugout after they did the replay of it on tv. If he was mad, he got over it very quickly.

Vernam
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Think about it - the play proved costly but Ozzie knows full well that baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. How would a hothead like Leyland react? Keeping the team loose is ultimately what got them through the miserable part of September last year. That alone is the sign of a solid manager. Ozzie "gets it."The M's ended up not scoring because of Garland's (second) error, as I recall. But I agree, Ozzie's attitude clearly rubs off on the team. Every time the tv shows them in the dugout, somebody's laughing about something. Winning doesn't hurt . . .

Vernam

rookie
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
That was definitely hilarious. Ozzie is such a clown. That's the funniest Ozzie thing since the Bobby Jenks arm signals...

Brian26
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
They replayed it again yesterday. I've seen it 3 times now and have laughed every time.

And after every replay, Hawk says the same thing...

:hawk

"I'll tell you what....I wish I would have been able to play for him."