PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Sox Pitchers White Hot

JorgeFabregas
04-25-2006, 11:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=shorthops_060424

Vernam
04-25-2006, 11:55 PM
At the other end of the telescope, Tom Verducci of SI in last week's issue pointed out that Javier Vazquez has begun an inexorable decline. No word on whether Verducci is reconsidering after Javi has given up three hits in his last 13 IP.

Vernam

GoSox2K3
04-26-2006, 12:09 AM
At the other end of the telescope, Tom Verducci of SI in last week's issue pointed out that Javier Vazquez has begun an inexorable decline. No word on whether Verducci is reconsidering after Javi has given up three hits in his last 13 IP.

Vernam

Yeah, Javy looks awful out there tonight. :cool:

D. TODD
04-26-2006, 09:26 AM
This White Sox staff is reminiscent of the vaunted Brave staffs of Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery. I can't recall a comprobale 5th starter to any of the Sox guys though.

Hokiesox
04-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I see the photo of Nomar hitting a Grand Slam off our favorite whipping boy, Brad Lidge.

Is Lidge done? I don't know the rest of his stats, but is he still rattled from the two big home runs he gave up last year?

ws05champs
04-26-2006, 09:54 AM
This White Sox staff is reminiscent of the vaunted Brave staffs of Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery. I can't recall a comprobale 5th starter to any of the Sox guys though.

And throw in our 6th starter in waiting and you have a staff that is off the charts.

daveeym
04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I see the photo of Nomar hitting a Grand Slam off our favorite whipping boy, Brad Lidge.

Is Lidge done? I don't know the rest of his stats, but is he still rattled from the two big home runs he gave up last year? Unless there's an injury I think he'll return to form with how good the 'Stros are doing. I also believe that whenever a reliever with his track record starts tanking, as long as there is no signs of injury/loss of velocity, he'll rebound with a change of scenery.

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2006, 10:29 AM

VernamHe's pretty much has to decline from there.:redneck

scottjanssens
04-26-2006, 10:53 AM
What a sec, I though ESPN were morons and didn't know what they were talking about. The Sox staff must really suck then.

oeo
04-26-2006, 12:07 PM
What a sec, I though ESPN were morons and didn't know what they were talking about. The Sox staff must really suck then.

It's not hard to state the obvious.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Wow..White Sox pitchers are hot. Thank goodness ESPN reported that; I'd never know.

Let's see the news flashes when one of our starters "struggles" and pitches like...well...the Yankees.

Vernam
04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
He's pretty much has to decline from there.:redneck:D: The way we're scoring runs, we could bring back El Duque for Vazquez and Loaiza for Contreras, then still waltz into the playoffs.

Vernam

DaleJRFan
04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
He's pretty much has to decline from there.:redneck

How about a no-hitter?