PDA

View Full Version : Seating Advice PLEASE!

Twin2218
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm not a baseball fan and have never been to a game. However, I'd like to buy my bf tickets to a Sox game for our anniversary. I plan on buying tickets from a broker and have male friends who told me to get tix in sections 104-106. My question is about the seat numbers. What number do the seats start at? I notice alot of the brokers are selling seats like 14 for much higher prices then lower seat numbers like 5. I'd like to get seats has close to the field as possible so I am seeking advice. Can someone give more details about the layout of Sox park and the numbers. The maps provided don't help much beyond the section.

Thanks.

Twin2218
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
And what is the difference between Club seating vs. non-club seating? I just saw that on the seating chart. That the green shaded box is before the actual section.

cbotnyse
04-25-2006, 07:39 PM
any section in the 100s should be good for you. Seats numbers arent really important, but the row is.....to get as close to the field as possible you want lower number rows (1-10 are the best) and the Club level is just another section of the park (section in the 300s) stick with sections in the 100s with lowest possible row and you'll have a good time.

HotelWhiteSox
04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
104-106 are in the outfield, and cost less. The first/third base line are harder to get (depending on game) and cost a little more. These sections run from 109-155 right field, with 132 being behind home plate. The club level is a section between the upper and lower deck. That is more money and tough to get since it is sold out for the year.

Rows usually go from 1-35, but I know there are some exceptions, like sections having rows start at letter AA or something like that, and some sections of the outfield (where the bullpen is/area that is kind of cutoff) start at like row 6. Not sure about the seat number question, it shouldn't affect the price of a ticket, probably just brokers just setting them at different prices.

See the seating chart here http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_seating.jsp

What date were you looking for?

Law11
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Even some of the "Box seats" down the lines I personally dont like because you are turned the whole game to see the plate. I prefer the outfield seats.
The concourses are spacious and the same food in the main concourse is in the outfield, basically...

Palehose13
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
What date are you looking for? There are a lot of people here that sell their ST seats for face value. I'd hate to see you go to a broker...

MISoxfan
04-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Probably not the best place for this post, but it's the same topic. I'm going to be stationed in Gulfport, CA starting tomorrow. It's about 40 minutes North of Los Angelos. I'll be getting there just in time for the Sox series. Sox game in Chicago one Friday and then in Anaheim the next, not bad.

Anyone ever been to Angel Stadium and have some seating advice?

Vernam
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
The first few rows of the 500-level upper deck between the dugouts are better than a whole lot of lower deck seats, especially ones in the corners. Consider sections 526 to 538 if you're interested in following the game and not just being close to the players, though that is definitely part of the lower-deck fun.

I sat in lower-deck row 3 down behind the third-base tarp last week, and I didn't like it, compared to our usual seats in 527. The lady in front of us had a sore neck and really had trouble seeing home plate.

Oh yeah, the uppers cost less, too. :cool:

Vernam

TornLabrum
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
The first few rows of the 500-level upper deck between the dugouts are better than a whole lot of lower deck seats, especially ones in the corners. Consider sections 526 to 538 if you're interested in following the game and not just being close to the players, though that is definitely part of the lower-deck fun.

I sat in lower-deck row 3 down behind the third-base tarp last week, and I didn't like it, compared to our usual seats in 527. The lady in front of us had a sore neck and really had trouble seeing home plate.

Vernam

I'll go farther than that. My seats Saturday were in Sec. 524, just past first base, row 16. Great view of the entire game. Only thing is, when you're that high up, I suggest taking care of any personal needs before the game. It is a bit hard on older full-figured guys like me to climb that more than once.

Palehose13
04-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Vernam

I like to be near the action, so my 151 row 1 are close to heaven. Of course, section 135 row 1 would be absolute heaven. :cool:

Brian26
04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I like to be near the action, so my 151 row 1 are close to heaven. Of course, section 135 row 1 would be absolute heaven. :cool:

What action is happening in front of Section 151 besides Bossard's crew getting the tarp ready? :D:

Palehose13
04-25-2006, 09:58 PM
What action is happening in front of Section 151 besides Bossard's crew getting the tarp ready? :D:

Pre game stretching/warm ups/Man Soo Lee, etc. Oh yes, that area is a secretly kept gold mine. Golg, Jerry...Gold!!! :D:

Scottiehaswheels
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Twin,

If you want to get an accurate read of what the view from a section in the ballpark looks like.... check out www.seatdata.com (http://www.seatdata.com) you choose the venue be it the Cell or any other.... click on a section and it will show you a picture of the view from that section... hope it helps!

gosox3072
04-25-2006, 11:24 PM
I wish my gf would buy me sox tickets for our anniverary:(:

WhiteSox1983
04-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Probably not the best place for this post, but it's the same topic. I'm going to be stationed in Gulfport, CA starting tomorrow. It's about 40 minutes North of Los Angelos. I'll be getting there just in time for the Sox series. Sox game in Chicago one Friday and then in Anaheim the next, not bad.

Yes.... the angel fans are punks, they talk so much trash i get :angry: . I was in anaheim bout three weeks ago with my ol trusty sox cap, and people were callin me out sayin that the sox were fake champions and stuff like that. As far as the seating, none of the seating is horrible at angel stadium, its fairly nice.

MISoxfan
04-26-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm expecting a lot of :whiner:from the Angel fans.

SoxSideIrish
04-26-2006, 01:38 AM
I wish my gf would buy me sox tickets for our anniverary:(:I wish your girlfriend would buy me tickets too...

TheKittle
04-26-2006, 02:33 AM

Unlike other class based seating stadiums, at Anaheim Stadium you can access the field level of the stadium, even if you don't have field level tickets.

Terrace level (200) tickets are a good deal. But be careful some terrace level tixs are way the hell out in LF and RF.

Upper view level seats are pretty good.

Eat before the game. Food either suck or is overpriced or both. Even the Hooters wings suck.

If you don't already have a ticket. Scalpers are everywhere. One trick that I will tell you. Some of the uniformed cops near the ticket windows have tixs and will give them to you for free. They won't/can't accept any money for them. Try the I'm from out of town and wondering if it's safe to buy tixs from scalpers routine.

A few other good places, the group of restaurants, Denny's, Carl's etc across Katella, Nationals Sports Bar and the AM/PM gas station on Katella and State College. McDonald's isn't a good place, guess scalpers don't like McDonald's. As with everywhere else prices come down the closer to game time.

Bobbo35
04-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Even some of the "Box seats" down the lines I personally dont like because you are turned the whole game to see the plate. I prefer the outfield seats.
The concourses are spacious and the same food in the main concourse is in the outfield, basically...

Those are how my seats are and yes, I seriously get a kinked neck from having it turned right the entire game. I like the outfield seats as well.

Cellview22
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
What are the worst sections/seats for getting sore necks from turning your head the whole game?

I've sat along the first base line once and along the 3rd base line once, but both times I was in rows 29 or up, so it wasn't bad. But I want to get seats closer to the field this year. Personally I prefer along the first base line in sections 113-120 (doubt I could get premium lower box behind home plate) ... I'd like to get rows 10 or closer to the field, but I'd like to know which sections are bad for stiff necks.

daveeym
04-26-2006, 09:33 AM
What are the worst sections/seats for getting sore necks from turning your head the whole game?

I've sat along the first base line once and along the 3rd base line once, but both times I was in rows 29 or up, so it wasn't bad. But I want to get seats closer to the field this year. Personally I prefer along the first base line in sections 113-120 (doubt I could get premium lower box behind home plate) ... I'd like to get rows 10 or closer to the field, but I'd like to know which sections are bad for stiff necks. Well if you can't get between the dugouts go for the corners. I'm in section 155 and minus the foul pole in the view they're great seats for field coverage.

Palehose13
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM

I've sat along the first base line once and along the 3rd base line once, but both times I was in rows 29 or up, so it wasn't bad. But I want to get seats closer to the field this year. Personally I prefer along the first base line in sections 113-120 (doubt I could get premium lower box behind home plate) ... I'd like to get rows 10 or closer to the field, but I'd like to know which sections are bad for stiff necks.

I don't know what these people are talk about with kinked necks, etc. Before I had my seats in 151 I was always in between the bag and the OFer along the lines, as close to the field as I could get, and never had any problems. I was under the impression that when new Comiskey was designed the seats had a slight angle to them towards home plate.

Some people prefer the UD and/or outfield. I guess the UD is ok if you really want a birds eye view, but I like when the players appear to be their actual size. :wink:

Cellview22
04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
For some reason, I love sitting anywhere along the first base line. You get a good view of the field, scoreboard, jumbotron, and Fundamentals deck without any obstruction. I'm gonna try for anywhere between 113-120, I'll be happy if I can get closer than row 10. I've noticed that as game dates get closer, like a week in advance, a bunch of great seats are released.

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes.... the angel fans are punks, they talk so much trash i get :angry: . I was in anaheim bout three weeks ago with my ol trusty sox cap, and people were callin me out sayin that the sox were fake champions and stuff like that.

Ha! They couldn't even win a single game at their ballpark during the ALCS! We beat them fair and square! Sore losers!

I personally love my seat in 149, Row 10. The further down the lines you are, the further back you need to sit if you're concerned with neck problems.

Vernam
04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't know what these people are talk about with kinked necks, etc. Before I had my seats in 151 I was always in between the bag and the OFer along the lines, as close to the field as I could get, and never had any problems. I was under the impression that when new Comiskey was designed the seats had a slight angle to them towards home plate.

Some people prefer the UD and/or outfield. I guess the UD is ok if you really want a birds eye view, but I like when the players appear to be their actual size. :wink:Point taken. From the UD, only Jenks looks lifesize. :wink:

To be even more even-handed, UD seats are harder to re-sell than LD, which is one reason I go out of my way to remind people how great the view is from up there!

BTW, the lady I mentioned w/ sore neck had it BEFORE she got to the park. Didn't mean to imply it was inflicted by the Cell. Anyway, it won't matter once they replace the blue seats down there, assuming the concrete will be torn up so new green seats can be angled toward the plate.

Vernam

Palehose13
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Point taken. From the UD, only Jenks looks lifesize. :wink:

To be even more even-handed, UD seats are harder to re-sell than LD, which is one reason I go out of my way to remind people how great the view is from up there!

BTW, the lady I mentioned w/ sore neck had it BEFORE she got to the park. Didn't mean to imply it was inflicted by the Cell. Anyway, it won't matter once they replace the blue seats down there, assuming the concrete will be torn up so new green seats can be angled toward the plate.

Vernam

Ahhhh...gotcha. Sorry, I won't diss your selling points. I don't think you want to hear how much my row 1 tickets for the sox/cubs game are going for on ebay with a few days left. :o:

The Critic
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes.... the angel fans are punks, they talk so much trash i get :angry: . I was in anaheim bout three weeks ago with my ol trusty sox cap, and people were callin me out sayin that the sox were fake champions and stuff like that. As far as the seating, none of the seating is horrible at angel stadium, its fairly nice.

Just tell them that the trophy looks real to you!:D:

scottjanssens
04-26-2006, 02:40 PM

I sat in the 2nd row in section 531 last season. I sold several tickets over the course of the season. Every WSIer who bought them from me mentioned how good they were. I'm closer to the plate than someone sitting beyond the infield.

To the orginal poster: It should be obvious now that seat preference varies greatly. I'm sure your boyfriend will be glad to go regardless where the seats are. I think the best course of action is to take your lucky boyfriend to several game sitting in various locations to find your own preferences :smile:.

miker
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I would prefer you sit down, especially while the game is being played. Feel free to get up in between innings.

I hope this answers any questions.

Twin2218
04-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

I appreciate your input. For those of you who inquired. . . I am looking to go to games in July. Our anniversary is on the 11th so anytime that month will be good except for the last week because we will be in California. I think it's Baltimore, Texas, or Red Sox. I'm looking @ the Red Sox preferably but will go with Baltimore as a second choice. I don't really care about the teams. I think he'll want Boston over any of the other teams.

As for fans selling tix here. . . where exactly can I find out about that? I'll take a look around. I figure that might be a hard sell since I want 100 level seats and all the ppl here are die hard fans. (obviously!) But it's worth a shot. I think he'll want to sit closer rather than see all the action. I got him Bulls tix for his bday and got him seats right behind the basket and he was so happy he could hardly contain himself. I'm kinda going for that same reaction with this gift. . .

Oh and I wrote seat number but I was actually inquiring about the rows. Thanks to all those who figured that out!

Palehose13
04-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Vernam...clear some space in your message box!

tromcoe
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not a baseball fan and have never been to a game. However, I'd like to buy my bf tickets to a Sox game for our anniversary. I plan on buying tickets from a broker and have male friends who told me to get tix in sections 104-106. My question is about the seat numbers. What number do the seats start at? I notice alot of the brokers are selling seats like 14 for much higher prices then lower seat numbers like 5. I'd like to get seats has close to the field as possible so I am seeking advice. Can someone give more details about the layout of Sox park and the numbers. The maps provided don't help much beyond the section.

Thanks.

By the way, welcome, and I hope this will be the first of many more Sox games to come.

Promise you will stay at least until the 7th Inning Stretch.

Brian26
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
I sat in the 2nd row in section 531 last season. I sold several tickets over the course of the season. Every WSIer who bought them from me mentioned how good they were. I'm closer to the plate than someone sitting beyond the infield.

I'm in row 6 of 533. I'll put these seats up against any other seats in the park that aren't in the lower deck between the two dugouts. The view of the field is amazing.

Dadawg_77
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi all,

I appreciate your input. For those of you who inquired. . . I am looking to go to games in July. Our anniversary is on the 11th so anytime that month will be good except for the last week because we will be in California. I think it's Baltimore, Texas, or Red Sox. I'm looking @ the Red Sox preferably but will go with Baltimore as a second choice. I don't really care about the teams. I think he'll want Boston over any of the other teams.

As for fans selling tix here. . . where exactly can I find out about that? I'll take a look around. I figure that might be a hard sell since I want 100 level seats and all the ppl here are die hard fans. (obviously!) But it's worth a shot. I think he'll want to sit closer rather than see all the action. I got him Bulls tix for his bday and got him seats right behind the basket and he was so happy he could hardly contain himself. I'm kinda going for that same reaction with this gift. . .

Oh and I wrote seat number but I was actually inquiring about the rows. Thanks to all those who figured that out!

In the section range you gave the Rows don't start at 1 but nine. At least sec 107 does. I have row ten, which is one row up from the Bullpen sports bar. And section to the right 106-105 are shorted two because of the bar and vistors bullpen.

Vernam
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Vernam...clear some space in your message box!Done! :redface:

Vernam

Tekijawa
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM

I'll have to agree, I sit in 159 and we're right next to the exit ramp to the "L", Nacho stand, Bathrooms, our Bull pen and an over hang just in case it rains. I'd love 135 row 1, but I really love our seats!

Twin2218
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I think I'm going to buy tix in Sec. 115 Row CC. I'm told this is the 3rd row from the field. Does anyone know if you can see well in those seats? I wanted sections 104-106 but the brokers are asking $130 plus (each) for those. I love my boyfriend but I'm not about to pay that kind of cash for something that's going to be over in 3 hours. I also notice that Texas and Baltimore are vastly cheaper than Boston. . .

As for me I'm simply hoping to enjoy myself. I've always found baseball extremely boring and had never even watched an entire game til last season during the Sox playoff run. (I'm told being there in person is a little more exciting) So, my bf is going to be shocked that I would think to even get him tickets.

Cellview22
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Those are a lot better than the seats in the outfield, in my opinion. You're closer to the action, and where you're sitting, you're likely to have foul balls come near you, so you might wanna pay attention. :D:

You'll have a blast; it won't be boring at all. The crowd will be into it, and you'll have some of the best seats in the stadium!

Palehose13
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I think I'm going to buy tix in Sec. 115 Row CC. I'm told this is the 3rd row from the field. Does anyone know if you can see well in those seats? I wanted sections 104-106 but the brokers are asking $130 plus (each) for those. I love my boyfriend but I'm not about to pay that kind of cash for something that's going to be over in 3 hours. I also notice that Texas and Baltimore are vastly cheaper than Boston. . .

As for me I'm simply hoping to enjoy myself. I've always found baseball extremely boring and had never even watched an entire game til last season during the Sox playoff run. (I'm told being there in person is a little more exciting) So, my bf is going to be shocked that I would think to even get him tickets.

Those are great seats. Your boyfriend will absolutely love them.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM

My advice is to NOT buy the seats from a scalper if you can (but if you like the seats you selected and can afford it go for it).

I understand this is a gift and you're not going to wait until the last minute to buy the tickets here or elsewhere.

You can buy the seats in the section you are looking for RISK FREE from the White Sox on their website with no Scalper Fed Ex Fees.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox&prev=21

Wednesday July 5th vs. Baltimore - Best OF seats per your request -

2 seats in Section 102 Row 20 for $92 total for the pair.

Saturday July 8th vs. Boston - Best OF seats - Section 101 Row 13 $184 total for the pair.

Sunday July 9th vs. Boston - Best OF Seats - Section 102 Row 15 $230 total for the pair.

You can also check eBay and Stubhub which as required by Illinois State Law
must offer cash back guarantees if something bad happens with your transaction but the White Sox website is 100% risk free. The tickets are emailed to you immediately and you print them at home.

Good Luck with your ticket purchase.

PS - On Stubhub you can get 2 tickets for Section 102 Row 11 on Saturday, July 8 against Boston for $138 total (plus shipping) and 2 ticekts for Section 102 Row 22 on Sunday, July 9th vs. Boston for $135.50 total (plus shipping).

Just go to Stubhub and do an easy search.

Twin2218
04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks so much SouthSideHitMen. . .!

I will check it out. Funny you are a Sox fan and live in Norwood Park. =) Beautiful area though. . .

Someone told me Row 106 begins @ row 9. Is this true for section 101 and 102? Or would be 13, 15, rows back, etc. . .

Palehose13
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks so much SouthSideHitMen. . .!

I will check it out. Funny you are a Sox fan and live in Norwood Park. =) Beautiful area though. . .

Someone told me Row 106 begins @ row 9. Is this true for section 101 and 102? Or would be 13, 15, rows back, etc. . .

I'd stay away from 101/102. The fandeck blocks the scoreboard. If you really want to wow him, I would get lower box close to the field.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd stay away from 101/102. The fandeck blocks the scoreboard. If you really want to wow him, I would get lower box close to the field.

Yes but would you pay $130 more for the privilege which is more than I payed scalpers for any ticket to the ALDS or ALCS (not to mention the usual $20 s & h charge scalpers charge to mail the tickets)? I might pay that for a special gift for say premium infield box seats (between first and third in the lower to mid rows) but I've sat in 101 and 102 and you can turn back the only two times the main scoreboard matters - the pre game video and after a home run. The rest of the time it is a picture of a player or a between inning advertisement or (insert the prodcut placement) advertisement cartoon race. The essentials (score, in game items) are in the LF corner between decks.

That said, I agree Section 103- 107 is preferrable to 100- 102 (I would avoid Sec 100 and maybe 101 due to the cut off of LF).

105 - 107 and 157 - 159 give a perfect view of the field from the OF. The premium box (121 - 143) are hard to find but well worth it even for an extra price (the low to mid rows - say through 20 - 25).

Twins - as far as your row question I think the OF seats start at Row 4 or 6 for section 102 & 103 and row 9 or 10 for sections 104 - 107. The seats down the OF lines start from AA - CC or DD and then 1 - 34.

The Sec 115 seats are very good if you purchase them but keep in mind you will be turning sideways to watch the game as the seats face the outfield and not the infield. If you can somehow either get infield box or get the OF seats (since you want to stay on the 100 level) your seats will be facing the infield and thus it will be easier to talk during the game.

Also the Sec 300 Club Level Seats are nice - You have your own little section - 6 rows (IIRC) plus you are allowed to go into a nice lounge area with big screen TVs and they have nice food available (above and beyond the hot dog standard ballpark food). Plus if it is 100 degrees out (and we are talking mid July) you can go inside for air conditioning - an option not available in the seats downstairs and you will have clean bathrooms used by a handful of people.

I would say Section 316 - Sec 350 are good seats with 320 - 344 being the best.

For the Boston Series, the White Sox website: - http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/seatlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox&EVNT=SOX0707

Friday July 7 - Sec 348 Row 2 - $265 total (or stubhub 348 row 3 for $216 total plus shipping) or Sunday the 9th on Stubhub for $214 total plus shipping for Sec 346 Row 3).

As for being a Northwest Side White Sox fan, I've been in the minority as far as my baseball team my entire life (be it family (except for my mom and grandpa), friends, schoolmates, etc.) but more people are either giving up the Cubs or actually coming to the right team which is restoring my faith in humanity.

Good Luck with the tickets!

Palehose13
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Twin-

I have tickets for July 4th and July 5th vs. Baltimore. I live in Milwaukee, so I won't be going to both games. I'll sell you one of the games for face value.

My seats are section 151, row 1 (actually 4th row from the field).

Southside is right...forget about the scalpers.

Twin2218
04-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks again. Finding some good stuff on StubHub. I think the White Sox exchange prices are similar to the brokers. The site says the prices are per ticket and not as a pair like you indicated. Anyway, I was looking @ some tix. Sec. 105 Row 12. I'm guessing that would be 3-4 rows from the field, right? If the rows start @ 9 or 10. But Sec 106 has seats in Row 11 and it says Behind the Outfield Bar. Is this the same for Sec 105? And are you literally behind a bar? Don't want to have to watch ppl getting drinks all game. The tix are only $97 each and that's the same for Sec 115 Row CC. I'm thinking he'd rather sit farther back and not turn his head. He has lower back issues from years of playing basketball and I think his neck and back would probably bother him if he did.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks again. Finding some good stuff on StubHub. I think the White Sox exchange prices are similar to the brokers. The site says the prices are per ticket and not as a pair like you indicated.

Yes I doubled the ticket price on Stubhub for the comparable seats I listed for comparison purposes - (The Sec 346 Row 3 seats are $107 each or $214 total for the Sunday game which is what I posted). Keep in mind Stubhub charges you around $10 for shipping plus a possible Stubhub fee. The White Sox charge you $2 to print the tickets and is the only fee. Scalpers usually charge $15 - $20 to Fed Ex the tickets unless you agree to pick them up at their office.

Anyway, I was looking @ some tix. Sec. 105 Row 12. I'm guessing that would be 3-4 rows from the field, right? If the rows start @ 9 or 10. But Sec 106 has seats in Row 11 and it says Behind the Outfield Bar. Is this the same for Sec 105? And are you literally behind a bar? Don't want to have to watch ppl getting drinks all game. The tix are only $97 each and that's the same for Sec 115 Row CC. I'm thinking he'd rather sit farther back and not turn his head. He has lower back issues from years of playing basketball and I think his neck and back would probably bother him if he did.

Yes you will be a few rows up. The bullpen bar is underneath but they have about 8 tables on the lower level and upper level where 4 people can sit and watch the game. People in that section do not block the view of people in Sections 106 - 107 nor is it a big distraction. The visitors bullpen is in front of Section 104-105. Both sections start with Row #9 or close to it. You'll be fine in either case.

Some people like to sit in the seats behind the White Sox bullpen and watch them warm up and talk to Man Soo Lee, the coolest member of the White Sox organization (IMHO). Sec 157 - 158 is in the left field corner if you think he would like that.

Your best option (IMO) is to purchase one of Palehose's seats at face ($64 total?). Her seats are as good as the scalper ($260 per ticket) for 115 CC and you can spend the $200 + extra you would have to pay for the Red Sox tickets (by going to the Orioles) on a nice dinner before the game and or a gift (maybe a jersey of his favorite player or a non Sox related gift). If he is a big Sox fan, I am sure he will like either game and will be grateful for the thought more than anything.

Twin2218
05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the wonderful advice. Going to take Palehose13 up on his offer to buy face value tix. Never having been a baseball fan before I have to say they obviously have GREAT fans. And for the first time I guess I can understand why it's considered "America's" game. The American spirit certainly lies here among all of you. :smile: Go Sox!

SouthSide_HitMen
05-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the wonderful advice. Going to take Palehose13 up on his offer to buy face value tix. Never having been a baseball fan before I have to say they obviously have GREAT fans. And for the first time I guess I can understand why it's considered "America's" game. The American spirit certainly lies here among all of you. :smile: Go Sox!

Palehouse13 is a she (though that doesn't stop Marcy from calling Peppermint Patty "sir"). :wink: