PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World Series DVD Revies

StrTrkker
04-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Heres a good review of the 6 disc Chicago White Sox: 2005 World Series DVD Set.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=21146

FoulTerritory
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I ranted about this in another thread, but what you have to realize is that the "non-anamorphic" widescreen aspect of this DVD set will prove to be why it ultimately is not up to par. That basically means that it is not formatted for wide-screen television (it stretches the picture), and within 5 years, almost everyone will have a 16:9 widescreen TV, as that is the technology that is taking over. So, long term, this will prove to be a dated keepsake in which the picture is distorted on televisions.

The possible (probable) solution to that is that in the future they re-release an anamorphic version, but that means we'd have to buy a new set to get it to fit the screen. This feeds Lips theory that its all about money.

BNLSox
04-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I ranted about this in another thread, but what you have to realize is that the "non-anamorphic" widescreen aspect of this DVD set will prove to be why it ultimately is not up to par. That basically means that it is not formatted for wide-screen television (it stretches the picture), and within 5 years, almost everyone will have a 16:9 widescreen TV, as that is the technology that is taking over. So, long term, this will prove to be a dated keepsake in which the picture is distorted on televisions.

The possible (probable) solution to that is that in the future they re-release an anamorphic version, but that means we'd have to buy a new set to get it to fit the screen. This feeds Lips theory that its all about money.

And honestly it will be worth the money to buy it over and over again in every format and media that is ever invented while i still inhabit this earth. Let them take this poor bastard's money, because in this case it can buy me love.

giganticHead
04-26-2006, 06:32 AM
I want an HD-DVD version right now.
I'm still kicking myself for not putting the entire run on dvhs.