PDA

View Full Version : john rooney twix commercial?

likeawarlord
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
i wasn't really watching the tv, but suddenly my peripheral hearing picked up "it's a goner!" and i recognized the voice immediately. i turned and watched the rest of the spot, a twix commercial where for some reason the umpire needs to eat a candy bar. i'll say this, if it's not rooney it at least certainly sounds like him.

TheOldRoman
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I saw the commercial for the first time yesterday, and it was Rooney.

The plot: An umpire is standing on the left field line when he notices two hot girls in the stands. They wave to him, so he starts waving back, and forgets about the action on the field. A ball is crushed down the left field line "and its a GONER!", but wait, is it fair? The other umpires run to him and ask what the call is, at which point he shoves a couple of Twix in his mouth.

likeawarlord
04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
sweet, thanks

Madvora
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
The plot: An umpire is standing on the left field line when he notices two hot girls in the stands. They wave to him, so he starts waving back, and forgets about the action on the field. A ball is crushed down the left field line "and its a GONER!", but wait, is it fair? The other umpires run to him and ask what the call is, at which point he shoves a couple of Twix in his mouth.
Now that's brilliant writing.

ChiWavDave
04-26-2006, 11:39 AM
who are the ad wizards that came up with that one...

Frontman
04-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I thought it was him during the PBP, then when he yelled,

"It's a goner!"

I was laughing incredibly. That was great to hear another Rooney call.