PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or has anyone noticed the camerawork.....

soxinem1
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
for Sox games this year is just brutal.

Flyballs to CF first showing the LF, then switching to the CF as he's throwing it into the INF. Then a hit ball up the middle first showing the 3B, stuff like that.

There have been at least 6-7 of these for each game, be it Comcast, Ch 26, or WGN.

Is anyone else noticing the same things?

QCIASOXFAN
04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I know what you mean, I have gotten used to it though. I have noticed that on WGN the guy who puts the counts, scores and also the baserunners up onto the television screen sucks! I have really noticed that CSN does a much better job with that.

my5thbench
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I haven't noticed it... are you sure that you aren't moving around in your seat too much?

NonetheLoaiza
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I've definitely noticed it...I started a thread on it after the third series or so, I think. Just some really awkward camera work on home runs and fly balls. Kind of annoying.

Optipessimism
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
It's a well known fact that when Comcast SportsNet cameramen have to use the bathroom they turn over control to a small group of specially trained chimpazees. Sometimes mistakes are made and sections of the game are blacked out entirely, but usually the only trouble they run in to is keeping the camera on the ball in flight.

I don't see anywhere near as many problems with broadcasts on WCIU, WGN, or ESPN.

Dan Mega
04-25-2006, 06:07 PM
When watching a Sox game on WGN, I noticed the crowd volume is always turned down. When watching a Flubs game, the crows volume is always really high.

1951Campbell
04-25-2006, 07:30 PM
The camerawork seems pretty good on XM. :wink:

FedEx227
04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
When watching a Sox game on WGN, I noticed the crowd volume is always turned down. When watching a Flubs game, the crows volume is always really high.

Well nobody goes to games, remember?

FoulkeFan
04-26-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree that the camera work has been awful. I can't count how many times I've had to listen to Hawk & DJ's description of a play because the camera hasn't caught up with it! And it's not just the fly balls either - a good example was last night during the rundown between first & second. There was a few second delay before they figured out what was going on. It might not sound like a lot but if they're a few seconds off you can miss the whole play.

AngryCollins
04-26-2006, 09:29 AM
It is Chris Singleton's fault.

Mercy!
04-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Maybe it's not the camera operators, but the producers who are switching to the wrong cameras at the wrong times.

But if you mean, are the visuals spoiling my fun so far this season - No Way.

Huisj
04-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't mean to be a hijacker here, but did anyone watch the Wizards-Cavs game on TNT last night? The camera work there was absolutely brutal too. The width of the picture usually went from about the top of the key to the rim, so if some had the ball out beyond the top of the three-point line, you couldn't see them, and if anyone got the ball in the near corner, you couldn't see them either, even if they drove the baseline. Either the camera men were extremely bad at following the action, or could have something to do with using the same camera for the HD and the regular picture? If that were the case, I would guess that the wider screen on HD would have shown the backcourt and the baseline. Pretty pathetic though I thought. It happened possession after possession where you really didn't know what was going on because the ball was off the screen.