PDA

View Full Version : Last Nites Game in Seattle

Hangar18
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
During the game, I would see foul balls going into the stands, and numerous SOX clad fans there. Comcast didnt really do a good job showing the big numbers of SOX fans there (except the LF guys in afros) They showed a foul ball going toward a guy in redpinstriped jersey ......... looked just like
Hitmen77. Was that you?

Baby Fisk
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
The Mariners' broadcast team declared Thome's Homies (with the afros) the Fans of the Game. :cool:

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Did anyone hear that guy (when Thome was up) yelling *hey Thome, nice dandelion!* and * hey, Thome, its riding up*! I couldnt make out everything he was saying, but I couldn't help but chuckle.

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Did anyone hear that guy (when Thome was up) yelling *hey Thome, nice dandelion!* and * hey, Thome, its riding up*! I couldnt make out everything he was saying, but I couldn't help but chuckle.

He also said, "Hey Thome, nice pant line!"

Lame!

batmanZoSo
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM

I heard someone yell "hey, Thome, nice panty line!" I laughed for about 10 minutes. I guess I'll never grow up, but if that means not finding childish, emasculating taunts hilarious, then I don't want to grow up. :roflmao:

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
werd :bandance:

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I heard someone yell "hey, Thome, nice panty line!" I laughed for about 10 minutes. I guess I'll never grow up, but if that means not finding childish, emasculating taunts hilarious, then I don't want to grow up. :roflmao:

ya i heard that too.. too funny.

ewokpelts
04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
During the game, I would see foul balls going into the stands, and numerous SOX clad fans there. Comcast didnt really do a good job showing the big numbers of SOX fans there (except the LF guys in afros) They showed a foul ball going toward a guy in redpinstriped jersey ......... looked just like
Hitmen77. Was that you?Henry,
Unlike the Cubs, the sox try to keep the focus ON THE GAME, not the people in the stands.
Gene

lumpyspun
04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
The Mariners don't sell tickets like they used to during weekday games...I guess that's the fallout of 3 awful seasons. That really helped highlight the good showing of Sox fans last night. I was the only Sox fan in my section I think and that didn't go over well when Anderson hit the homer (and I'm not even obnoxious). Some girl looked at my fiance and said, "you seem like a nice Mariner fan, what are you doing with him?"

Rocky Soprano
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Henry,
Unlike the Cubs, the sox try to keep the focus ON THE GAME, not the people in the stands.
Gene

:cheers:

kninchicago
04-25-2006, 11:30 AM
The panty line had me cracking up too. If I were Thome and heard that I would have been too busy laughing to even focus.

Jerko
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/creatas/cr15369/cr15369056.jpg

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 11:34 AM
haha..*** did i think he said dandelion? :?:

soxfan1983
04-25-2006, 11:35 AM

Lame!

i laughed so hard at that one!

batmanZoSo
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM

Got me. What do you think "it's riding up" refers to? A dandelion, naturally? :tongue:

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
I thought his cup was riding up, and ..dandelion...yeah ..sleep deprivation lol

Lillian
04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
The highlight of this game had to be Ozzie's hilarious imitation of Garland's throwing error on the little comebacker. I was hysterical watching Ozzie mimic Garland. He had that swagger of Garland's down perfect. Didn't you love it?

goofymsfan
04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
The Mariners don't sell tickets like they used to during weekday games...I guess that's the fallout of 3 awful seasons. That really helped highlight the good showing of Sox fans last night. I was the only Sox fan in my section I think and that didn't go over well when Anderson hit the homer (and I'm not even obnoxious). Some girl looked at my fiance and said, "you seem like a nice Mariner fan, what are you doing with him?"
I had my Scotty WS Jersey on last night in Section 120. I wanted it to go one more inning so Scotty would get up to bat. *sigh* Hopefully he will start tonight so I can at least get some good shots of him out in Left field. I did get some great shots of several of the other Sox players from my seats I won't be able to get them downloaded and posted until next week when I have a break from games. I have games through Sunday with the Rainier's in town until then. I'll be in my All-Star Scotty Jersey tonight out on the Landing next to the M's bull-pen.

As for attendance, even the Weekend games have suffered because of the past three lousy seasons. The only time there is a decent crowd is if there is a good give away and often times the people come get the give away and leave. The Cold weather hasn't helped get people in the stands either. Last night was the nicest it has been this year for a night game.

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
I was hysterical watching Ozzie mimic Garland. He had that swagger of Garland's down perfect. Didn't you love it?
That was definately the highlight of the game.. and how AJ couldnt keep a straight face when he was talking to him.. too funny

Lillian
04-25-2006, 01:11 PM
To elaborate a little on Ozzie's Garland impersonation, I just hope all of us appreciate how special our manager is. This guy is a one of a kind!! This is truly a "golden age" for Sox fans. The quality of our team, the likability of our players, and the colorful antics of our manager, are all qualities that we are almost certainly to never see again on the South Side. Enjoy these times.

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 01:19 PM
To elaborate a little on Ozzie's Garland impersonation, I just hope all of us appreciate how special our manager is. This guy is a one of a kind!! This is truly a "golden age" for Sox fans. The quality of our team, the likability of our players, and the colorful antics of our manager, are all qualities that we are almost certainly to never see again on the South Side. Enjoy these times.
I totally agree. My uncle is a die hard Cub fan, and repeatively kept commenting on what a good sport/manager Ozzie is last night. I'm so happy he decided to stay :D:

Jerko
04-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I totally agree. My uncle is a die hard Cub fan, and repeatively kept commenting on what a good sport/manager Ozzie is last night. I'm so happy he decided to stay :D:

Damn, I missed that!

slobes
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
The highlight of this game had to be Ozzie's hilarious imitation of Garland's throwing error on the little comebacker. I was hysterical watching Ozzie mimic Garland. He had that swagger of Garland's down perfect. Didn't you love it?

Haha I agree, I'd say that was the highlight of the game, maybe even over BA's homer.

Fuller_Schettman
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM

Indeed, these are the salad days! Cherish them now while they are here.
20 years from now, when we are fighting for last place with the Memphis Muckalucks under the watchful eye of manager Carl Everett, we will look back fondly and say "Good Times!"

Lillian
04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
For those of you who missed Ozzie's antics. Comcast Sports Mid Day Report included it in the highlights of last night's game. I'm sure that they will show it again tonight on "Sports Night" and "Tribune Live".

kevingrt
04-25-2006, 02:56 PM
The Mariners' broadcast team declared Thome's Homies (with the afros) the Fans of the Game. :cool:

I was watching the Mariner's coverage on MLB.TV and they got a pretty big kick out of Thome's Homies. I thought it was pretty cool to. Whenever fans show up in other stadiums it's awesome!

HITMEN OF 77
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Hitmen77. Was that you?

There was a ton of Sox fans at the game last night. I was really surprised by how many Sox jerseys I saw. Hopefully just as many if not more Sox fans come to the next 2 games.

That wasn't me Henry, I was wearing my 1917 Sunday jersey. Tonight I'll be wearing my Konerko home jersey. It was probably better it wasn't me, as I had a few too many and probably would have ended up getting hit in the face with a foul ball. Now worries, Kim gave me plenty of tomato juice. :D:

Bobbo35
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Hitmen77. Was that you?

Ya, I was questioning those guys in afros, looked a bit like a moronic cub gathering than anything. Be original.

Bobbo35
04-25-2006, 06:34 PM

Lame!

I heard that too. I was waiting for Jim to jack a bomb and shut that moron up.

goofymsfan
04-26-2006, 07:31 AM
I've managed to miss everyone so far during the Sox games. I was at least able to finally get Scotty to sign a bat I had of his. I'll be back on the Centerfield landing tonight in the Scotty All-Star Jersey...at least up until the 6th inning when I'll have the chance to sit in a friend of mine's seats for the final few innings.

hawkjt
04-26-2006, 10:29 AM
I have no problem with the afro guys.- Hell this aint golf with ettiquette and crap. There is no rulebook for being die-hard fans. these guys made up for lack of originality with enthusiasm.

hats off to those guys for representing. Got more camera time than the original three stooges!!

Hope they show up tonite.

markopat
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM

LOL...Only a Botonist scum would yell that!