PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Winning Pick To Click

voodoochile
04-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Did everything he could to make it possible for the Sox to win...

:anderson:

"I bet Aaron wouldn't have done that..."

Joosh
04-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Well deserved.

Did someone say there was a CF problem? Cause I sure as hell don't see one.

TaylorStSox
04-25-2006, 12:22 AM
He made alot of plays look easy on balls that were hit hard to CF as well. Most people won't notice because he didn't have to dive. Good game BA.

Crede_Fan
04-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah I got one!:bandance:

But dang they lost!:whiner:

Unregistered
04-25-2006, 12:24 AM
See that ball hit in the 11th that was definitely a gapper for a leadoff double? Yeah, that was Brian Anderson who got an incredible read/jump off the bat on that ball and turned it into an easy catch. For the sake of comparison, Rowand at best makes a crazy diving catch for the out.

That was a helluva jump BA got on that ball. And of course that clutch solo shot didn't hurt. :wink:

ondafarm
04-25-2006, 08:57 AM
He made alot of plays look easy on balls that were hit hard to CF as well. Most people won't notice because he didn't have to dive. Good game BA.

He made some great plays defensively. Some of those might have been hard for Rowand to make.

Iwritecode
04-25-2006, 10:11 AM
See that ball hit in the 11th that was definitely a gapper for a leadoff double? Yeah, that was Brian Anderson who got an incredible read/jump off the bat on that ball and turned it into an easy catch. For the sake of comparison, Rowand at best makes a crazy diving catch for the out.

That was a helluva jump BA got on that ball. And of course that clutch solo shot didn't hurt. :wink:

The cameraman had no idea where the ball was. He was tracking the left-fielder. It was pretty amazing to see BA pop out from the right side of the screen to make the easy catch though...

ondafarm
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
The cameraman had no idea where the ball was. He was tracking the left-fielder. It was pretty amazing to see BA pop out from the right side of the screen to make the easy catch though...

The director didn't seem to know what he was doing the whole game, their were a bunch of blown pictures. BA made that play look easy, but even the Mariner announcers were saying what a great play that was and what a jump he got. One of them even used the word 'instinctive.' That is high praise for a defender.

ode to veeck
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM

The Seattle cameraman runs bad routes.

Iwritecode
04-25-2006, 10:21 AM
The Seattle cameraman runs bad routes.

Did anyone else think the CF camera that was over the pitchers shoulder was even farther to the right than usual? I was at a friend's house watching on a big-screen TV so that might have been it but it just seemed like it was farther over than most parks.

Justagirl
04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Well deserved.

Me either, personally.
I think were going to see alot more out of him this year but some people just expect too much out of the guy.

kravdog
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Did anyone else think the CF camera that was over the pitchers shoulder was even farther to the right than usual? I was at a friend's house watching on a big-screen TV so that might have been it but it just seemed like it was farther over than most parks.

its for those extra-large japanese billboards - teal or not? im not sure...

WhiteSoxFan84
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Well deserved.

One game and you're ready to forgive him for his .184 BA, 9 hits, 5 walks, and 20 strikeouts? His strikeouts = his hits + walks + runs. That's pathetic. But he came through tonight and hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Because so far, I'm extremely disappointed.

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2006, 01:34 PM
His home run was well-timed, on a 1-2 pitch with 2 outs in the 9th. Too bad the 11th came to be.

The Totally Biased Game Report will be posted on the main site when I get home from work.

my5thbench
04-25-2006, 01:35 PM
seventeen or eighteen homers from BA would also be nice

kevingrt
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I made a pick just based on two HR's last year and it paid off brilliantly!

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2006, 03:18 PM
The Totally Biased Game Report is up:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3108