PDA

View Full Version : Marlins looking to unload Dontrelle?

It's Time
04-24-2006, 01:27 PM
What a joke! Gee, I wonder what cherry picking GM will end up getting him back for jack ****!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spmnotes244715400apr24,0,2354837.story?coll=ny-sports-print

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
What a joke! Gee, I wonder what cherry picking GM will end up getting him back for jack ****!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spmnotes244715400apr24,0,2354837.story?coll=ny-sports-print

And Cabrera too. Im trying to find my post, where I predicted the Flubs
to make a big push to get him back here. Cabrera to the Flubs is a very real and distinct possibility. Macias and the recently demoted Williams for Cabrera is probably whats going to happen :angry: :angry: :angry:

ChiSoxLifer
04-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't know about you guys but I would give the Sox top four prospects for Miguel Cabrera. This guy will be an all-star for many years, he's young, and he only makes $472 K per year. Prospects are just prospects and may never make the major leagues. Unfortunately, other teams will probably be able to offer better players.

It's Time
04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
to make a big push to get him back here. Cabrera to the Flubs is a very real and distinct possibility. Macias and the recently demoted Williams for Cabrera is probably whats going to happen :angry: :angry: :angry:

If that happens, Hangar. The Marlins should just fold. I do see the Cubs making a play for Willis and Cabrera. If they do, the Marlins HAD BETTER get Cedeno and Pie back in any deal with the cherry picking vulture, Hendry.

TheOldRoman
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
:rolleyes:
:rolling:
It looks like Hangar has found himself a little playmate.
We are all dumber for having read this thread.

getonbckthr
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I would do a package of Haegar, Rogowski, Fields, Anderson and maybe another prospect for Dontrell and Cabrera. Leaves an opening for a Garland/Dye deal for another outfielder. Maybe Abreu. Lineup:
Pods,Abreu,Thome, Carbrera,Paulie,Iguchi,AJ,Crede,Uribe
rotation: Burls,Freddy, Willis, Contreras and Vasquez with BMac eventually replacing 1 of the other 4 (not Dontrell)

Flight #24
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Yes, because trying to trade Willis for arguably the best young position player in the game is quite obviously giving him away.

It's a far far cry from what was reportedly offered to a salary dump. I'd be very surprised given the time to FA if either one of them got traded without bringing a significant return at least along the lines of what they got for Beckett.

Tekijawa
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
I would do a package of Haegar, Rogowski, Fields, Anderson and maybe another prospect for Dontrell and Cabrera. Leaves an opening for a Garland/Dye deal for another outfielder. Maybe Abreu. Lineup:
rotation: Burls,Freddy, Willis, Contreras and Vasquez with Fingernails on a blackboard eventually replacing 1 of the other 4 (not Dontrell)

I don't see Jerry giving us the 130 million payroll the next few years to get this done.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
If they do, the Marlins HAD BETTER get Cedeno and Pie back in any deal with the cherry picking vulture, Hendry.

What makes me mad, is that Cedeno and Pie should ALREADY be Marlins.

Its Roman thinks this is a dumb thread? how so? Because its now confirmed the sorry Marlins are giving more players away .....and that the vulture cubs are in dire need for a bat badly?

getonbckthr
04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't see Jerry giving us the 130 million payroll the next few years to get this done.
I agree however if they Win it all this year too, or at least make it to the ALCS he might learn to love the taste of success. Like he did with the Bulls he started throwing money around to keep winning. Not to mention revenue will continue to grow.

MadetoOrta
04-24-2006, 02:11 PM
If Hendry pulls this off too, he deserves the extension he just received. He will have picked up Lee, Ramirez, Willis and Carbrera for "Jeff Abbot type" players.

I find it hard to believe the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and Braves will sit back and allow Hendry to pull this off without making a play.

getonbckthr
04-24-2006, 02:13 PM
What makes me mad, is that Cedeno and Pie should ALREADY be Marlins.

Its Roman thinks this is a dumb thread? how so? Because its now confirmed the sorry Marlins are giving more players away .....and that the vulture cubs are in dire need for a bat badly?
How can anyone blame Hendry of taking advantage of them. He is with the Cubs to build a winner not to make sure the whole league has an equal oppertunity to win. Hendry, like Kenny, is always out to make the best deal possible, you cant fault a guy for that.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Yes, because trying to trade Willis for arguably the best young position player in the game is quite obviously giving him away.

It's a far far cry from what was reportedly offered to a salary dump. I'd be very surprised given the time to FA if either one of them got traded without bringing a significant return at least along the lines of what they got for Beckett.

The last time the Cubs ever gave away a top 5 prospect (without having ever had player on the big club) was arguably a certain John Garland. The "Prospects" they trade now are all guys theyve tried and who have Failed already. All of them. Pie & Cedeno should be Marlins already, and apparantly the reason why Soriano isnt a Cub now, because those are the players the Nats asked for in return. That team is definitely in Salary Dump mode and the Cubs are in the alley by the dumpsters, hat in hand, waiting.

Who says the game is in great shape?

kittle42
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
How can anyone blame Hendry of taking advantage of them. He is with the Cubs to build a winner not to make sure the whole league has an equal oppertunity to win. Hendry, like Kenny, is always out to make the best deal possible, you cant fault a guy for that.

Agreed. As I've said before, if ANY team other than the Cubs took repeated advantage of other teams' miserable GMs and financial situations, Hangar would have no problem with it.

kittle42
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
John Garland

Is he related to Jon?

FedEx227
04-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't really mind our team thats tied for the best in the Major Leagues. As much as I love Miggy ::cue Hawk saying wheres he gonna play::... we already got a good 3B, one with a lot of history in this team.

I'll pass... but hope that some team other then the Cubs snag these guys up.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
If Hendry pulls this off too, he deserves the extension he just received. He will have picked up Lee, Ramirez, Willis and Carbrera for "Jeff Abbot type" players.

I find it hard to believe the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and Braves will sit back and allow Hendry to pull this off without making a play.

Lee for Choi. Ramirez Lofton for Hernandez/Hill. Stellar deals. ANyone can make these deals. Just sit back and wait for the Pirates and Marlins to flounder again, and take their players. I heard Hendry recently, after he was extended, saying hes always on the lookout for players and wishes he couldve made 04 team better, and I laughed and said he couldnt because the Marlins and Pirates had given their players away. Can this be any good for baseball the way Loria is ruining that franchise? and to think Selig and MLB LOANED him the money for the team, as long as he promised to make them "competitive"

SOXintheBURGH
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Lee for Choi. Ramirez Lofton for Hernandez/Hill. Stellar deals. ANyone can make these deals. Just sit back and wait for the Pirates and Marlins to flounder again, and take their players. I heard Hendry recently, after he was extended, saying hes always on the lookout for players and wishes he couldve made 04 team better, and I laughed and said he couldnt because the Marlins and Pirates had given their players away. Can this be any good for baseball the way Loria is ruining that franchise? and to think Selig and MLB LOANED him the money for the team, as long as he promised to make them "competitive"

The Pirates don't give all their players away. They traded Brian Giles for Jason Bay and Oliver Perez. Ramirez was a salary dump. They also traded Todd Ritchie to the White Sox. Get over it.

Chisox003
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
The White Sox are 13-5 and playing out of their minds right now

Yet, people are in the Parking Lot arguing about the Cubs, talking about how annoying Cubs fans are, and speculating who the Cubs are going to rip off in a trade.

Is there something wrong here?

WSI never ceases to amaze

:rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
The Pirates don't give all their players away. They traded Brian Giles for Jason Bay and Oliver Perez. Ramirez was a salary dump. They also traded Todd Ritchie to the White Sox. Get over it.

Let's not forget the Willis for Clement trade the Marlins pulled off. Funny how that one never gets mentioned by Hangar when blasting other teams for "giving" players away.

Flight #24
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
The last time the Cubs ever gave away a top 5 prospect (without having ever had player on the big club) was arguably a certain John Garland. The "Prospects" they trade now are all guys theyve tried and who have Failed already. All of them. Pie & Cedeno should be Marlins already, and apparantly the reason why Soriano isnt a Cub now, because those are the players the Nats asked for in return. That team is definitely in Salary Dump mode and the Cubs are in the alley by the dumpsters, hat in hand, waiting.

Who says the game is in great shape?
You do realize that Dontrelle Willis was once dealt from the Cubs to the Marlins in a similar "dump" trade for Clement & Alfonseca, right?

The reason why Juan Pierre wasn't worth Pie & Cedeno was because he was expensive, close to FA, and coming off of a poor season. None of those is the case with Dontrelle. The Marlins have (reportedly) only made him available for a top, younger position player in return. So either a)they're randomly stupid, asking for Wright, but willing to take Jerome Williams because they think the 2 are equivalent, or b)the Cubs will have to give up a hell of a lot more if they want to have any hope of getting either Wilis or Cabrera. Option a also fits with what the Marlins did this offseason, dumping players but accumulating one heck of a group of young talent in the process.

Ol' No. 2
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
That screaming sound in my head can only be the death throes of more brain cells as I read this thread.

DaleJRFan
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
rotation: Burls,Freddy, Willis, Contreras and Vasquez with Fingernails on a blackboard eventually replacing 1 of the other 4 (not Dontrell)

May I suggest:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000C7GHG.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Can the mods create a PS2 tag for these friggin ridiculous trade proposals?

TheOldRoman
04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Ok, Lee for Chio and Ramirez for Hill.
Can you name another "swindle" Hendry did? Can you even name another GOOD MOVE he has made as GM? I wouldn't imagine so, because HENDRY IS A HORRIBLE GM. If not for the unconditional love and hype the Cubs get in the media, Hendry would have been on the street a while ago. Since the 88 win team who lucked into the playoffs, he has created more holes than he filled. "Address" and "weakness" are two phrases Hendry never uses in the same sentence. Maybe if they trade for a 5th 2B, they will win this year. Get over it, Hangar.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Let's not forget the Willis for Clement trade the Marlins pulled off. Funny how that one never gets mentioned by Hangar when blasting other teams for "giving" players away.

Hello .............Willis was a throw-in (meaning he wasnt highly regarded) Funny how everyone gives the marlins credit for that, when its the Cubs who are :angry: at themselves for not realizing how good he was and letting him get thrown in. By the way, the centerpiece for that deal was the Cubs needed a closer badly, and the Marlins were going broke (usual story) and the cubs traded to acquire ALFONSECA, it was the Marlins who foolishly decided to throw in CLEMENT ALSO.

TaylorStSox
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Hello .............Willis was a throw-in (meaning he wasnt highly regarded) Funny how everyone gives the marlins credit for that, when its the Cubs who are :angry: at themselves for not realizing how good he was and letting him get thrown in. By the way, the centerpiece for that deal was the Cubs needed a closer badly, and the Marlins were going broke (usual story) and the cubs traded to acquire ALFONSECA, it was the Marlins who foolishly decided to throw in CLEMENT ALSO.

You should pay more attention to the Sox. It might make you happier.

Do you know as much about how the Sox acquired their players as you do about the Cubs? I'm sorry. It's just plain, weird. You either have a photographic memory, or you pay too much attention to a team that you hate.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Ok, Lee for Chio and Ramirez for Hill.
Can you name another "swindle" Hendry did? Can you even name another GOOD MOVE he has made as GM? I wouldn't imagine so, because HENDRY IS A HORRIBLE GM. If not for the unconditional love and hype the Cubs get in the media, Hendry would have been on the street a while ago.

The Randall Simon "trade" was a Swindle. The "trade" where they sent an aging career minor-league 2b to get Fred McGriff from the going-broke DRays was a very good example of this also. Because McGriff was a bust made that deal a wash, the Cubs basically got a free spin on the Roulette wheel with that trade, and was still another Hendry-only-trades-with-sick-and-injured-franchises.

TheOldRoman
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
The Randall Simon "trade" was a Swindle. The "trade" where they sent an aging career minor-league 2b to get Fred McGriff from the going-broke DRays was a very good example of this also. Because McGriff was a bust made that deal a wash, the Cubs basically got a free spin on the Roulette wheel with that trade, and was still another Hendry-only-trades-with-sick-and-injured-franchises.
Randall Simon was a worthless, mediocre player going into free agency.
Fred McGriff was an expensive, worthless player. He had a few decent years with the Rays, but he was still nothing special, was still very old, very expensive, and worthless to them. He was over the hill when the Rays got him, and they were just happy to unload his salary for whatever they could get. The Cubs gave up nothing, but spent lots of money on McGriff, hoping he would regain his old form. He didn't, and it was a horrible trade for Hendry. Next.

It's Time
04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but MacPhail was the GM then and the one who traded for Mcgriff in 2001. Hendry became GM in 2002 or 2003, I believe.

Ol' No. 2
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
You should pay more attention to the Sox. It might make you happier.

Do you know as much about how the Sox acquired their players as you do about the Cubs? I'm sorry. It's just plain, weird. You either have a photographic memory, or you pay too much attention to a team that you hate.Are you new here???:wink:

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but MacPhail was the GM then and the one who traded for Mcgriff in 2001. Hendry became GM in 2002 or 2003, I believe.

your right. Old Roman, in his own caustic way, is also correct for the most part also

TaylorStSox
04-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Are you new here???:wink:

lol. I'm just trying different ways to get him to realize it. I guess it's hopeless. :tongue:

kittle42
04-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I am still waiting for Hangar to complain about one trade that does not involve the Cubs but ended up heavily lopsided. Just one.