PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,987

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Trixie: (noticing my jacket) .....ewww, you must be a SOX fan
Chad: you guys walk around like your better than us
Hangar: (shows her his jacket) ummm, lets see, we won the WS, so yes.
Chad: whatever man. you guys cant even fill your park
Trixie: yeah right! they have to have dogdays to get people to come out
Hangar: Oh, so you like it when they Scalp tix to sell you for 3x the price?
Trixie: At least we go to the games. Go to your park and I have to worry about getting mugged
Hangar: where are you getting that from? our parks been jam packed every game, and nobody gets mugged. Wrigley area has more crime.
Trixie: I dont know why, the neighborhood is so bad, and the park is ugly
Hangar: And Wrigley is better?
Trixie: Hell yeah!
Hangar: Well we got a trophy, what do you guys have
Trixie: We have a better park!
Hangar: Hahahaahahahahahahah, keep it
Chad: (realizes she said something really dumb) you guys win 1 world series and now your suddenly better than us ?
Hangar: Well lets see, you guys 4th place, us WS Champs.
Only 3 90-win seasons since 1950, we had 13 90-win seasons since then
Chad: 1 world series dude, weve had 10 of them
Trixie: yeah!
Hangar: You didnt win 10, you lost EIGHT of them, we have 3 ws titles
Trixie: You guys keep living in the past, take last year out, and your not so great a team
Chad: The cubs have been filling wrigley for like 100 years
Trixie: Yeah, at least were totally loyal, you guys are fair weather
Hangar: (getting a headache now) You guys have NOT had sellouts for 100 years, only since 1981 when Trib bought them and started telling you how great the park was, then you sheep showed up.
Chad: Ok, maybe its not 100 years, but its been a long time you have to admit were still the better team and have better fans
Hangar: Only reason your fans is because the Trib has told you for decades how great they are and you believe it, theyre totally biased against the SOX
Trixie: (rolls her eyes)
Chad: So your saying theyre biased? hahahaahhaahah why would they do that ? (looks at Trixie and shakes his head)
Trixie: Yeah, your just jealous we have a better park and better players
Hangar: (head is spinning at every wrong statement, just shake my head, and walk away)
Trixie: Whatever sox fan ................

Dick Allen
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Hangar, I give you credit. I probably need to take anger management classes. I'd be in jail right now for bludgeoning those two idiots, though I should be honored for it.

kittle42
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Henry,

That's the typical LP trixe/chad conversation when it comes to the subject at question. Being "cool" is all that matters - just like junior high. Good work!

ewokpelts
04-24-2006, 01:26 PM
wrigley looks great for a park built in 1906

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Both of them ............the girl and her bf, the Absolute Dumbest Cub Fans Ive Ever Met in my life. Im talking since day 1, when I was in kindergarten and starting to get the whole baseball, white sox concept til right now. Just how incredibly dumb this fanbase is, and these 2 taking the cake .......
my head is still spinning. I wouldve been there all nite refuting every single wrong statement they were bellowing.

Jerko
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I wish more of them thought it was dangerous to come to the Cell and stayed the hell away. Funny, they tell us not to live in the past and then say they sold out for the PAST 100 years.

mrs. hendu
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Funny, they tell us not to live in the past and then say they sold out for the PAST 100 years.
Cub fans' reasoning never fails.

skottyj242
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Henry, my head hurt from reading that story.

Max Power
04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I am dumber for reading what Chad and Trixie had to say.

Layla
04-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Trixie is so eloquent with her continued use of the word "yeah."

And I really believed at the end I was going to read how Trixie stuck out her tongue and said "so there."

Viva Medias B's
04-25-2006, 08:40 AM
I wish more of them thought it was dangerous to come to the Cell and stayed the hell away. Funny, they tell us not to live in the past and then say they sold out for the PAST 100 years.

The truth is that haven't been sold out for the past century. Only since 1984 have they been drawing big crowds when Harry Caray and WGN Superstation promoted Wrigley Field as a tourist attraction, making the Cubs not an MLB team but a marketing tool for the Tribune. And their game-by-game sellouts (or near sellouts) have only been a product of their 2003 run.

MrRoboto83
04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Both of them ............the girl and her bf, the Absolute Dumbest Cub Fans Ive Ever Met in my life. Im talking since day 1, when I was in kindergarten and starting to get the whole baseball, white sox concept til right now. Just how incredibly dumb this fanbase is, and these 2 taking the cake .......
my head is still spinning. I wouldve been there all nite refuting every single wrong statement they were bellowing.

There is no reasoning with these "fans", I am just glad i don't have to put up with masses of these type of fans for the Sox.

Hangar18
04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Henry, my head hurt from reading that story.

Imagine how I felt. I didnt even want to bring it up, reliving their stupidity is mind numbing. Every single stereotype they repeated. MORONS
What really irked me, was the way this girl kept snivelling and smirking at me, like im the one wrong about all of the info. Her rolling her eyes like some valley girl really ..............made..............my...........blood boil

MM2112
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
my oh my....arguing with these retards is so pointless and frustrating

pdimas
04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I actually had quite a refreshing cub fan experience yesterday. I went down to meet some friends at Moe's Cantina yesterday and was surprised to see a few people with Sox gear. Well after Moe's we stopped by Central and I started talking to this Cubs fan. Then he stopped me and says listen I love baseball and quite honestly I don't think there is a team out there that can beat the Sox. He went on to say how he thought that with the loss of D. Lee he thought the cubs were finished.

On the other hand I actually saw someone wearing this:
http://www.wrigleyvillesport.com/istarimages/p/p-19808!G3.jpg

A 250 dollar jacket celebrating their 2 world series championships? :?:

zmz723
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm impressed you remembered all of that

TornLabrum
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM

The last of which was in 1908. And Cubs fans have the guts to tell Sox fans to stop living in the past (2005).

pdimas
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
The last of which was in 1908. And Cubs fans have the guts to tell Sox fans to stop living in the past (2005).

Yeah I know. I just can't believe someone actually paid money for that thing. When I first saw that in a store I had to do a double take and seriously thought it was a joke at first. I was so stupefied that I even started a thread on it Linky (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66111) but actually seeing someone wearing it out in public knowing they paid for it :?: It just boggles the mind.

C-Dawg
04-25-2006, 12:58 PM

Yeah I saw it on the forum and was convinced it was a joke too until some guy I know bought one. When I first saw him wearing it I literally was speechless for about a minute while I read all the patches, etc. I still find it hard to believe despite seeing it in person.

I wonder if there's also a 1908 championship hat available?

MrRoboto83
04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah I saw it on the forum and was convinced it was a joke too until some guy I know bought one. When I first saw him wearing it I literally was speechless for about a minute while I read all the patches, etc. I still find it hard to believe despite seeing it in person.

I wonder if there's also a 1908 championship hat available?

I have seen Cub fans where 1969 hats, why would any Cub fan want to remember that season?

hellenicsoxfan
04-25-2006, 01:45 PM
On the other hand I actually saw someone wearing this:
http://www.wrigleyvillesport.com/istarimages/p/p-19808!G3.jpg

The only word that comes to mind is Pathetic. Just plain pathetic.

Hangar18
04-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I have seen Cub fans where 1969 hats, why would any Cub fan want to remember that season?

I saw that !!!!
This Chad was just cruisin' with it, very confident, and I LAUGHED.
He looked at me, and I said why are you wearing a 1969 hat, you realize that was the biggest collapse, he said they won some kind of championship,
but admitted he wasnt sure what.

Layla
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah, they won the "Biggest Choke in September" Championship.

Really, how can a "fan" be that clueless?

DumpJerry
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Henry, Henry...you're slipping.....

When you are told that they have sold out for the last 100 years, remind (or educate) that it was not too long ago when they would close the Upper Deck because of lack of ticket sales. I guess if those tickets are not available, it is a sold out game when the lower bowl is sold out.

My response to the attendance garbage is thusly "what is more important: being the most popular kid in the high school or winning the game?"

Finally, keep in mind "we won the war."

AngryCollins
04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Cubs fans are stupid, fat and poor.

thomas35forever
04-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Reminds me of a Cubs fan at school who hates me now because I'm a Sox fan and I always talk **** about the Cubs.

Chisox003
04-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Reminds me of a Cubs fan at school who hates me now because I'm a Sox fan and I always talk **** about the Cubs.
Ya, that's the way Sox fans should do it.

Go lower than them.

:rolleyes:

miker
04-26-2006, 06:20 PM
At this rate, we'll hit Stupid Moment #10,000 way before the Northside ball club wins that World Series...

Rooney4Prez56
04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
My response to the attendance garbage is thusly "what is more important: being the most popular kid in the high school or winning the game?"

POPULARITY!!

TheDarkGundam
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
I've got a SCFM. I walk into my math class the day after Lee got injured. Two Cub fans are talking about it, so I ask "who's gonna play first base now?"
Cub fan 1: "Todd Walker"
Me: "Then who's gonna play Todd Walker's..." (I get cut off by Cub fan 2)
Cub fan 2: "Hey, Sox suck!"
Cub fan 1: "Yeah."
Me: "10-5" (this was a few days ago)
CF 1: "So, the cubs are 9-5"
Me: "It's also been 98 years since they won a world series."
CF 1: "So what, the Sox went like 87 years. That's not much better."
Me: "87 years? What are you talking about? It's been 5 months since we won."
I love that Cub fan 2's only contribution was "Sox suck". Typical cub fan.

I don't know how you do it Hangar. You probably know more about the Flubs than 90% of their "fans".

Railsplitter
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Hangar, the Schlubs didn't start selling out Wrigly intil 1984. In fact, they didn't drop the policy of holding back 20,000 ticket for game day walk-ups until 1985.

SOXPHILE
04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Hangar, the Schlubs didn't start selling out Wrigly intil 1984. In fact, they didn't drop the policy of holding back 20,000 ticket for game day walk-ups until 1985.

Yep. I even remember a specific incident at a game I went to in 1982 with some friends of my parents. Before the game, I was running up one of the ramps to get to the upper deck. I wanted to see what it was like up there and how it compared to Comiskey. I got about halfway up, and 2 ushers stopped me and told me it was closed that day. (From what I remember seeing on T.V. in the late 70's & early 80's, it was quite a regular occurrence). At this mid June game, a sunny 80 something degree day, there were about 12,000 people in the park. I also remember my mom listening to Vince Lloyd and Lou Boudreau on the radio during another game, and they were saying the announced crowd was 5000, but they didn't think it was even that many.

Smokey Burg
04-28-2006, 02:11 PM
When I consider the entire histories of both clubs (Sox and Cubs), my thoughts range from mediocre to pathetic. However, from my point of view, the most important thing is what is going on NOW! White Sox management at least appears to be interested in putting a product on the field that can win and will keep their fans happy. Cubs management appears to be interested in putting a product on the field that will keep their fans drunk and buying beer, preferably an A-B product. There is no way that I can support a company that demands a premium plus price for a product that is definitely fourth rate. Personally, the last straw came when they blew the NLCS in 2003 and blamed it on a fan. I expect that we will see SCFM 40,000 before that organization wins a WS.

cheeses_h_rice
04-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Henry, you should make business cards with this link (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml) on them, and below that a reminder to look at the years 1983 and before.

Below that you can put "Hangar18: Destroying Flub Fans' Delusions About Their 'Perennial' Popularity Since 2000."

Baby Fisk
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Henry, you should make business cards with this link (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml) on them, and below that a reminder to look at the years 1983 and before.

Below that you can put "Hangar18: Destroying Flub Fans' Delusions About Their 'Perennial' Popularity Since 2000."

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/christian-bale/christian-bale04.jpg
"My god, it's got a watermark!"

C-Dawg
04-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Yep. I even remember a specific incident at a game I went to in 1982 with some friends of my parents. Before the game, I was running up one of the ramps to get to the upper deck. I wanted to see what it was like up there and how it compared to Comiskey. I got about halfway up, and 2 ushers stopped me and told me it was closed that day. (From what I remember seeing on T.V. in the late 70's & early 80's, it was quite a regular occurrence). At this mid June game, a sunny 80 something degree day, there were about 12,000 people in the park. I also remember my mom listening to Vince Lloyd and Lou Boudreau on the radio during another game, and they were saying the announced crowd was 5000, but they didn't think it was even that many.

I remember Jack Brickhouse saying "Looks to be a beautiful day; why not come on out to the game - and hey, it looks like they're opening the upper deck too!" or something like that.