PDA

View Full Version : Went to my first game of the season yesterday

credefan24
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
All I can is wow.
When I walked up onto 35th from the Red line, and saw the banner on the outside of the park "2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox" I got chills. It was a beautiful day for baseball, and my friend and I got tickets in sec. 140 on the day of game. Pretty cool.
The park looks fantastic, LOVE the W/S banners, and the different flags with the various Sox logos.
Had some good food, i.e. koshers, nachoes, churros, and watched our guys kick some butt.
I was a little disappointed that BA was booed in his first at bat. What's up with that? I really like him, he plays a great center field. He just needs time (as is being said in the other thread on this page).
Also, where is the World Series trophy? Is it still on tour?

I'm really excited about this team. AGAIN.:wink:

bafiarocks03
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Nice! Yeah when i went to my first game Friday, i cried walking up to the park! I was sooo happy to finally be there! And Yeah, Brian Anderson is amazing..anyone who boos him,i now consider a bandwagoner! psht. Go BA!

Layla
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
World Series and American League Championship Trophys are located by the front office, I believe Gate 4.

Someone wrote about this a while back.

Brian26
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Also, where is the World Series trophy? Is it still on tour?

World Series and American League Championship Trophys are located by the front office, I believe Gate 4.

Someone wrote about this a while back.

I was there on Friday and Sunday, and both the AL and World Series trophies were in the Upper Deck gift shop window.

I have heard a rumor that there is more than one trophy floating around though.

cubhater
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I have heard a rumor that there is more than one trophy floating around though.

I dunno about that. Friends told me it was on display in the lower deck gift shop window for the Saturday game against Toronto but it wasn't at Sunday's game. But lo and behold it was back there against KC on last Monday. Mabye the Sox alternate locations so fans in the UD can get a glimpse of it?