PDA

View Full Version : Cook LF

Gee
04-24-2006, 11:10 AM
How much longer will Santana/Wilder run out Cook to left field?
He is hitting a buck 25 after 50 + at bats.
How much time do you give a guy like this before giving him a rest?
I can understand running Gomes out there every night because of the investment but how much do they have in Cook?:?:
Winston needs a jump start to their offense.

Randar68
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
How much longer will Santana/Wilder run out Cook to left field?
He is hitting a buck 25 after 50 + at bats.
How much time do you give a guy like this before giving him a rest?
I can understand running Gomes out there every night because of the investment but how much do they have in Cook?:?:
Winston needs a jump start to their offense.

Kanny and W-S are both short on OF prospects, so what's the hurt in giving time to a guy like Cook?

Who else are you gonna play out there?

Gee
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Kanny and W-S are both short on OF prospects, so what's the hurt in giving time to a guy like Cook?

Who else are you gonna play out there?
Roberts, Orlando, Tartaglia, Allen, Cunningham.
:gulp:

Randar68
04-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Roberts, Orlando, Tartaglia, Allen, Cunningham.
:gulp:

Allen to this point is a 1B. He COULD play OF, but IMO is best kept at 1B... Tartaglia and Roberts aren't exactly prospects, either.

maurice
04-24-2006, 04:52 PM
According to Future Sox, Tartaglia is on the DL.

Gee
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Allen to this point is a 1B. He COULD play OF, but IMO is best kept at 1B... Tartaglia and Roberts aren't exactly prospects, either. Why do they have to be "prospects" to get a shot at making some impact?
My mistake, I meant Rod Allen Jr. not Brandon Allen, sorry.:gulp:

California Sox
04-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Maybe I missed something. Why do we care if W-S struggles to score runs? Cook's probably not much of a prospect given his age, but he dominated in Kanny last year. He should probably be given at least six weeks before they start running Rod Allen out there every day.

And the knock at Gomes is completely unfair. a) Gomes is hitting .230 not .150 b) Gomes had 2 professional at bats coming into the season. Anyone expecting him to set the Carolina League on fire in the first half needs to rethink that position.

That said, our A ball teams are loaded with very raw players. Thankfully, we don't need to fast track any of them with what we have in the majors.

Gee
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Thankfully, we don't need to fast track any of them with what we have in the majors.

Amen

maurice
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Cook last night: 3-5, 2B, HR, 3 R, 2 RBI.
You should rip on guys more often!
:cool:

Gee
04-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Cook 4/25 game was 0-3 K .156
I didn't think I was ripping Cook BUT more importantly I was just wondering if the good of the team is more important or the development of a particular player or group of players is more important at the minor league level.
:?:

Randar68
04-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I was just wondering if the good of the team is more important or the development of a particular player or group of players is more important at the minor league level.

Player development is most important, although you want to have successful minor league teams in order to ingrain that winning attitude in your players. Losing is never fun at any level...