PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Games

TheKittle
04-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Friday April 28th.

WSI members lets meet up in the top of the 5th inning at the LF Pavilion area? There are picnic tables there. We have a view of the game and anybody can get to the area. None of the class system BS, where if you have a upper deck ticket you have to stay in the upper deck area.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Friday April 28th.

WSI members lets meet up in the top of the 5th inning at the LF Pavilion area? There are picnic tables there. We have a view of the game and anybody can get to the area. None of the class system BS, where if you have a upper deck ticket you have to stay in the upper deck area.

What if Im feeling a bit snivelly?

TheKittle
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
What if Im feeling a bit snivelly?

I always expected bitterness from you. So nothing is new.

patbooyah
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I'll meet you there. it's my birthday on friday, so everyone bring gifts!

also- on saturday we are having a big old tailgate near the stadium. PM me if you want to come (one and all are welcome) and i'll send you information.

jenn2080
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I am going and up for whatever. I will say that if the Sox are kickin some butt or the game is a neck and neck. I am not moving from my seat until the last pitch is thrown.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I always expected bitterness from you. So nothing is new.

bitterness? I was joking, sorry man. Sounds like a good idea, but Ive never been there, so whatever is easiest. I know Longshot & Patbooyah were trying to coordinate something also since theyre at that place all the time

wmc
04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Friday April 28th.

From the Angels web site, it appears the picnic area is in center field behind
the rocks. Is this the area you are referring to?

I am going to try to get tickets in the right field MVP area.

patbooyah
04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
on friday night i have tickets in section 102, which is right by the bullpens. i'm hoping to get a little one-on-one time with man soo lee. i don't think it's gonna be a problem.

the tailgate on saturday is looking like it is going to be a huge success. i have sent out a couple maps... again... PM if you want one.

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Say, does anyone out west, know where that bar is, supposedly just steps away from the park?

patbooyah
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Say, does anyone out west, know where that bar is, supposedly just steps away from the park?

yeah, that would be cool. we need a place for after, because there are going to be a lot of us standing after:

3-7 tailgate
7-10 game
10-henry uses his trophy as a weapon: an adjacent bar

:)

longshot7
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
not sure which bar we're referring to - there's a starbucks & carl's jr across katella. is it by one of the other streets?

can I vote for meeting closer to the top of the 7th on Friday? the 5th seems kinda early - we're just gonna be settled in and in prime heckling mode (I got wash my AJ shirt tonite!).

MarySwiss
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Have fun, guys! I'd love to be joining you, but a heavy workload plus the sick amount of money I will no doubt spend on souvenirs when I'm in Chicago for the COTC preclude it.

HOWEVER, I'm planning on making that game in Anaheim on Wednesday, Sept. 13, and--as I mentioned in another thread--I'll be working with the Sox fan owner of Skip and Jan's Sports Bar in Tempe to see if we can't get a group together from Arizona. We've got enough time, so it should be doable. If not, well, I don't have a problem with driving 6 hours for my Sox!

BTW, if any of you find yourself in the Phoenix area, drop by Skip and Jan's and see the nice little Sox shrine they've got going that's getting bigger all the time. (I contributed an 8 x 10 of the trophy to it!)

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Man Im psyched. I just mapquested my directions to the ballpark. I saw that street Katella on my map, cool I know what Longshots talking about now. As for this bar, its supposedly on Katella, St College or Orangewood Blvd. Anyone know?

Hangar18
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
not sure which bar we're referring to - there's a starbucks & carl's jr across katella.

Starbucks? I'll be in the mood for a brew after the game, but not THAT kind of brew, heh heh

patbooyah
04-24-2006, 05:50 PM
this place seems decent:

j.t. schmid's
2610 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA
(714) 634-9200
http://www.jtschmids.com/
it seems to be about a few blocks away from the stadium

EDIT: it is less than half a mile away

longshot7
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
this place seems decent:

j.t. schmid's
2610 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA
(714) 634-9200
http://www.jtschmids.com/
it seems to be about a few blocks away from the stadium

EDIT: it is less than half a mile away

sounds good. see you there after the game on friday.

patbooyah
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
sounds good. see you there after the game on friday.

whoa whoa whoa.

you're coming to the tailgate, no?

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Where is everyone sitting this weekend at the games in Anaheim?

Ahhh at this time tomorrow I will be on a plan in the sun. Funny I am saying ah now but when my alarm goes off at 3am im not gonna be saying ahhhhhhh....IM gonna be dying for a coffee and so more sleep :smile:

Palm Trees, Sand, Ocean and Mountains less then 28 hrs away.

ChiSoxGirl
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Palm Trees, Sand, Ocean and Mountains less then 28 hrs away.

I just got back from SoCal on Sunday night and already miss all those things you just listed. :whiner: Everything about Cali. is just so beautiful! Have an awesome time for me!

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Friday is Fireworks night at Angels stadium. SAWEET! Dont think they will be as good as ours. but we will see.

longshot7
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
whoa whoa whoa.

you're coming to the tailgate, no?

I thought it was saturday only. We can be there on Friday too tho - what time are you guys getting there?

patbooyah
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I thought it was saturday only. We can be there on Friday too tho - what time are you guys getting there?

yes, i'm a moron. my bad.

we are starting the tailgate at 3 on saturday. henry, i expect the trophy to be in tow

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
3pm?!?! We are apparently rollin strong huh?

patbooyah
04-25-2006, 01:50 PM
3pm?!?! We are apparently rollin strong huh?

yep. and this is where we'll be:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/patbooyah/tailgatemap.jpg

so bring booze. and maybe some meat.

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
yep. and this is where we'll be:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/patbooyah/tailgatemap.jpg

so bring booze. and maybe some meat.

oh little raz vodka and lemonade. OH YEAH!! hey do they have trytip by you? it is a certain cut of meat that they only sell in cali

my5thbench
04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
25 years ago we went to many Angels games, there was a great Mexican restaurant across Katella I think...if you bought a Margarita you got an extra shot of Quervo Gold for a quarter.....we got in some trouble there for some reason

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
25 years ago we went to many Angels games, there was a great Mexican restaurant across Katella I think...if you bought a Margarita you got an extra shot of Quervo Gold for a quarter.....we got in some trouble there for some reason

i cant imagine why?!?

TheKittle
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM

That Mexican restaurant, El Torito, gone. In it's place some stupid yuppie condos. El Torito had been there since the 50's and the city of Anaslime whored themselves to build freaking condo!!!!!!!! The also destroyed the best restaurant ever, Belisle's when they built a hotel and stupid corporate chain restaurants in it's place. BTW this is across the street from where the White Sox stay.

But that's normal when the Mouse says bend down, the city of Anaslime grabs it's ankles.

my5thbench
04-25-2006, 03:07 PM
that's too bad Mr Kittle....someone "whoring themselves" to build condoes

rarely happens in southern California

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 03:32 PM
WAHOOO work day is over until next Tuesday...AHHHHHHH...I will see some of you on Friday in Anaheim. GO WHITE SOX!!!

TheKittle
04-25-2006, 04:15 PM
WAHOOO work day is over until next Tuesday...AHHHHHHH...I will see some of you on Friday in Anaheim. GO WHITE SOX!!!

Just don't bring the rain.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/titanczar/sakoguchi-busted-brand.jpg

AuroraSoxFan
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
We'll be there Friday night. Haven't decided if we'll be heading to the game on Saturday or not, but Friday for sure. I'm up for a tailgate or whatever else. Seems like this will be a sweet road trip.

Hangar18
04-25-2006, 05:52 PM
We'll be there Friday night. Haven't decided if we'll be heading to the game on Saturday or not, but Friday for sure. I'm up for a tailgate or whatever else. Seems like this will be a sweet road trip.

Friday before/after the game, to to JT SCHMIDS, 2610 E Katella

gbergman
04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
there is also the national sports bar and grill although mostly angels fans will be there just like j.t. schmidts. My friend works at the national as a door host. i live 5 min. up the freeway by goodwin field. going tom. to get fri tickets if i can find a bus schedule so i dont have to pay to park

TheKittle
04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Just a bit of warning.

JT is on Katella and Douglas. Douglas is a street that leads to the "back" entrance of Anaheim Stadium so it's very busy before and after games.

JT Schmids has a very small parking lot. So parking can be a pain.

Best bet after the game, park at the Pond (where the Ducks play) and walk across the street to JT Schmids. The Ducks will not be at the Pond this weekend. Though there could be other events at the Pond.

Other places to consider meeting.

The National Sports Bar. On State College just south of Orangewood. You can park your car in the National's parking structure (No charge for parking) and walk to Anaheim Stadium.

A little further south on State College is shopping center called The Block.

Friday's

Dave and Busters- Huge place. Four bars and tons of aracade and interactice games. $5 "cover" after 9pm but they give you a $5 game card.

I'm just suggesting these other options. I don't care where we meet. I don't want to step on anybody's toes or hurt anybody's feelings.

TheKittle
04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
oh little raz vodka and lemonade. OH YEAH!! hey do they have trytip by you? it is a certain cut of meat that they only sell in cali

You're telling me they don't sell tri tip in Chicago?

jenn2080
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM

No it is quite annoying. My family makes it everytime I am in Santa Barbara. You will have to tell me where to find it out there because I think I may have to bring some back home. If I can find it that will be contribution to the tailgating fiesta on Saturday. Cant wait till tomorrow. Cali cali here I come!

TheKittle
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
So the plan for Fri April 28th is for WSI members to meet at the Top of the 7th right under the LF scoreboard.

After the game at JT Schmid's?

RSVP here.

patbooyah
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
So the plan for Fri April 28th is for WSI members to meet at the Top of the 7th right under the LF scoreboard.

After the game at JT Schmid's?

RSVP here.

i'll be there on friday.

and saturday at 3... TAILGATE!

SoxIllini
04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Any hotel recommendations?

Thanks

TheKittle
04-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Ayres Hotel is right next to JT Schmid's and you can walk to the stadium. On the expensive side.

Plenty of hotels west of the stadium on on Katella and Harbor.

MisterB
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM

You can probably get it, but you'd have to ask the butcher for it specifically. It used to be considered a 'wasted' piece of meat that either got ground up or chopped into stew meat. There was a restaurant in Santa Maria, CA that started serving them up as steaks back in the 50's and it became popular enough that tri-tip started being sold on its own as either a roast or as 'triangle steaks'.

SOX LA Mikey
04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
....I will look for fellow WSIers on Friday night

-Mikey :bandance:

MasQbellesa
04-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Can't wait for the games. I hope it stays clear, it's been a bit dreary today. Partly cloudy on Fri/Sat and sunny on Sunday.

I think i have an extra ticket for the sunday game if anyone wants it......

Go Sox!!

T

TheBull
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
You can probably get it, but you'd have to ask the butcher for it specifically. It used to be considered a 'wasted' piece of meat that either got ground up or chopped into stew meat. There was a restaurant in Santa Maria, CA that started serving them up as steaks back in the 50's and it became popular enough that tri-tip started being sold on its own as either a roast or as 'triangle steaks'.

I just picked up a few Tri-Tips from a favorite local specialty butcher to contribute to the Booyah Anaheim Tailgate on behalf of myself and Jenn2080. For those having trouble finding tri-tips, your butcher should be able to provide them for you with this info:

Tri-tip also goes by the name "bottom sirloin butt" and "triangle roast", due to its triangular shape. In many parts of the country, your butcher will look at you funny if you ask for tri-tip...they have no idea what you're talking about. Try taking this document titled Cuts From The Bottom Sirloin to your butcher and asking them to order or cut a tri-tip for you.

Link (http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/tritip1.html)

TheKittle
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5384/1238/320/P1120003.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMM Tri tip

markopat
04-28-2006, 01:12 AM
National Sports Bar and Grill on State College Blvd. is about a 4 block walk to the park and Mikey the bartender at the front bar mixs a MEAN drink...He's a good man...if you go there, tell Mikey that Mark from Arizona sent you!

Also...If you are looking for a place to grub...go North on the 5 from the stadium to Euchlid and take a right...go about a block and a half to a dive called Chris and Pitts Bar-B-Q...great food for a great price! They make a killer martini and you can't go wrong with the ribs, chicken or steak! Tell Larry the bartender tha White Sox Mark says hey!

PEACE and Go Go SOX!

gbergman
04-28-2006, 05:06 AM
portillos in buena park. Hop on the 57 north to the 91 west, get off at Magnolia st. and take a left. At La Paloma hang a right and drive for about a mile it will be on your left right before knotts berry farm. only chicago style food around anaheim. It is 2 minutes north to the 91 from angel stadium and 5- 15 minutes west depending on traffic, going east on 57 is smooth sailing though

ChiSoxLifer
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM
....I will look for fellow WSIers on Friday night

-Mikey :bandance:

I'll be wearing the 1917 White with red and blue trim with matching hat. Good luck finding me in the crowd.

I'll see you guys under the scoreboard.

gbergman
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
just got my ticket for fri. game upper deck behind home plate close to my seats for the ALCS clincher

SABRSox
04-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Bump.

I forgot to swing by the picnic area tonight, doh! I was sitting in section 260, by the bullpen, too. Oh well, I'll be there tomorrow for the tailgate. Not sure what I'm bringing yet, but I'm thinking that meat and beer will be taken care of already, so maybe something in chip form.

Then again, you can never have too much beer.

-Rick

longshot7
04-29-2006, 03:24 PM
come to the tailgate (the directions/map are in this thread!)

we will be on the LF concourse the duration of the game like last nite so come hang out with us.

BNLSox
04-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Anyone meeting up tomorrow (sunday)?

Also anyone know if they are going to take outdoor batting practice on Sunday? I've shown up early for getaway days only to be told that often times teams don't take bp outside of the cages when they have an early day game following a night game.

An extra hour of sleep on a sunday is always glorious, but so is taking in the world champs for as long as possible.