PDA

View Full Version : sox nation lets rock the all-star vote

richb2
04-23-2006, 10:14 PM
this will be a time to shine for us as white sox fans. Lets own this all-star game in pittsburgh. Lets get crede, iguchi, thome, dye ,konerko a.j in there. we will have the fannies in the seats to cast 50 or 60 ballots each like we have not done this before in cook county, so we shoud have experience at this special niche. If you have to call in sick because you have blisters on your fingers from the key board that is ok and allowed. would be fun to see berman and that idiot stark crying in their red sox, 49ers and mets mug. So when the voting starts in a few weeks or so lets get it done baby

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
What's this "nation" you speak of?

:churrosarmy:

chisoxmike
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
This is the problem with fans voting for the All-Star game.

StockdaleForVeep
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I will vote for the players that show they earned the spot, but will hardly matter since the fans still largely favor the east coast teams

Anyway, as member of the Sox army, i will vote who deserves on the team at that time

Palehose13
04-23-2006, 10:25 PM
I will vote for the players that show they earned the spot, but will hardly matter since the fans still largely favor the east coast teams

Anyway, as member of the Sox army, i will vote who deserves on the team at that time

Ditto.

chisoxmike
04-23-2006, 10:26 PM
The real Sox army votes for people who DERSERVE to be on it. Not only becuase they play on the Sox.

richb2
04-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I disagree, one fans should ge to vote and two I do not want the yankees and redsox owning the all -star team this year. The sox willmore that likely have the best record when the voting starts and I feel that these sox players will be deserving-do you think the fans in new york and boston are going to be kind caring, fair and just when this voting starts. do you think the players would be any fairer if they had the only vote ? haaaaaa that is a laugh. I am being honest the sox should own this all-star game like past great teams a's, reds, yankess , cards ect-its the sox turn.

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Good news is Ozzie gets to select a ton of the players!!!

Scottiehaswheels
04-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Actually richb does kind of have a point.... NYY fans will be especially vengeful after last year with the whole Pods/Jeter thing....

MrRoboto83
04-23-2006, 10:47 PM
I think the players and coaches should decide on all the allstars

Lip Man 1
04-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Richb2:

Capital letters are your friend......(makes it easier to read your pontifications...)

Also the rules have been changed and Ozzie WILL NOT be able to take whomever he likes (a la Joe Torre). he discussed this in a story in one of the Sunday newspapers.

All he is definitely able to do will be to bring his entire staff (even as he said if he has to pay for it himself...)

Lip

richb2
04-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Please you really think that players and coaches are more honest and fair that the fans lol. They all vote for their buddies before anyone else in the league. Think the fans in cleveland, detroit amd minnesota are going ot have charity for sox players, never mind the east coast and their love with the over-rated jeter. You can vote for other players but make ten votes to one if that will lessen your guilt and anxietyfor trying to help your own team.

RealMenWearBlack
04-23-2006, 11:07 PM

If the guys that richb2 listed continue to play like they have been, I think you and richb2 will have very similar ballots.

MrRoboto83
04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Please you really think that players and coaches are more honest and fair that nt e fans lol. They all vote for their buddies before anyone else in the league. Think the fans in cleveland, detroit amd minnesota are going ot have charity for sox players, never mind the east coast and their love with the over-rated jeter. You can vote for other players but make ten votes to one if that will lessen your guilt and anxietyfor trying to help your own team.

Keep in mind the entire league of players and coaches would be voting, seems balanced to me.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-23-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm voting for the worst possible player at every position. I think everyone should do that just so that Butt Selig and his buddies are forced to change this phony popularity contest.

And why the hell didn't the people in Japan vote for Tadahito last year while they were voting for Ichiro!?! :angry:

HomeFish
04-23-2006, 11:18 PM
The sox willmore that likely have the best record when the voting starts and I feel that these sox players will be deserving

There is a huge difference between being on the best team and being the best player at your particular position.

Apart from the pitchers, I don't think a single Sox player was the best at his position last year. And yet look at who won the World Series.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I rather have White Sox players sit out these silly exhibitions (WBC, All Star Game) but I know I'm in the minority on the issue.

Keep your eye on the prize:

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/10/27/3NSm9pEm.jpg

Scottiehaswheels
04-23-2006, 11:23 PM
If a bunch of Sox players go I might actually attend instead of selling the AS tix I got for buying the 8 game package the Pirates had... would be tempting...

StockdaleForVeep
04-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I disagree, one fans should ge to vote and two I do not want the yankees and redsox owning the all -star team this year. The sox willmore that likely have the best record when the voting starts and I feel that these sox players will be deserving-do you think the fans in new york and boston are going to be kind caring, fair and just when this voting starts. do you think the players would be any fairer if they had the only vote ? haaaaaa that is a laugh. I am being honest the sox should own this all-star game like past great teams a's, reds, yankess , cards ect-its the sox turn.

So you would say joe crede at 3B is legit over A-rod or Blaylock? Yes at the moment crede and arod are close numbers wise but we would be fortunate if crede became the hitter we want him to become finally

StockdaleForVeep
04-24-2006, 12:06 AM

Didnt the sox also have the best record in baseball last all star break too?

I dont wanna see guys like boone logan on the all star team cuz ozzie likes the cut of his jib. We'd be advocating the garbage joe torre has been doin the past several seasons

Jjav829
04-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I want one of the Sox players on that 32nd man voting so that we can vote them in and I can get a "Vote for _____" pin to add to the "Vote for Scott" pin I have. :cool:

TheOldRoman
04-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I want one of the Sox players on that 32nd man voting so that we can vote them in and I can get a "Vote for _____" pin to add to the "Vote for Scott" pin I have. :cool: Oh, come on. You know that campaigning for the all star team is bush league. Just ask Carl Crawford. The Rays didn't campaign for him and he loves it there!

StockdaleForVeep
04-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm voting for the worst possible player at every position. I think everyone should do that just so that Butt Selig and his buddies are forced to change this phony popularity contest.

And why the hell didn't the people in Japan vote for Tadahito last year while they were voting for Ichiro!?! :angry:

Same reason why Kaz Matsui wasnt voted to the NL all star team
Iguchi wasnt a terrifying player in Japan untill his final two seasons when he hit .350 and .333

Ichiro and Hideki Matsui were already established giants in Japan and there were issues\complaints from the japanese people because they were losing the top 2 players from japanese besuboru.

Japanese people understand the value of voting for stats, not ethicity\race\popularity

Pureone
04-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I rather have White Sox players sit out these silly exhibitions (WBC, All Star Game) but I know I'm in the minority on the issue.

Keep your eye on the prize:

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/10/27/3NSm9pEm.jpg

I totally understand why you say that, but from the players perspective, they would have a good time.

hawkjt
04-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Ozzie will make sure that Jose,Mark,and possibly Bobby make it at least if they continue to have worthy seasons.; then I would guess that a couple of other guys like Paul and Jim could get consideration.

The sox will be well-represented again and it will be with some new guys. I think it would be a big deal for Jose. What a story. This guy is amazing now.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I totally understand why you say that, but from the players perspective, they would have a good time.

I agree (not to mention All Star bonuses some of them get with contract provisions - I assume they get paid something as well for playing). I'm just not going to get worked up over it.

I remember a woman back when I had weekend season tickets in 1985 and all she did the entire game was complete thousands of ballots for Carlton Fisk (White Sox staff would give her a couple of boxes before each game). Voting a few times each game or voting several times online is fine but some people get real worked up about it (of get real upset when player X doesn't make it to the All Star Game).

I think the first timers are very grateful to be there but stars that have been there several times may prefer the 3 days off during the long season (especially with greenies banned this season - people are going to want more time off this year).

As long as no White Sox player gets hurt, whatever happens is fine by me. I have watched the game the two times it was at Comiskey and when I was younger but in the past decade I think I've watched a portion of 1 or 2 games including Buehrle's start.

As a longtime (now former) Blackhawk season ticket holder I declined All Star tickets as part of my package as well (wish I could have declined the preseason exhibition games as well all of those seasons).

FedEx227
04-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Don't worry we'll vote for the White Sox players who deserve it... but AJ, nah sorry. Crede, gonna be hard to beat A-Rod, Paulie yeah, Thome yeah, Guch probably, but I mean the Army doesn't go out of their way to stuff ballots for undeserving guys. When we got Pods in there last year (yes haha I'm giving us all the credit :bandance::bandance:), it was because we knew he deserved it over the likes of a fan-favorite Derek Jeter... we didn't just vote Pods because hes on the White Sox. The Sox Army Stands for whats RIGHT in the world!

esbrechtel
04-24-2006, 09:39 AM
as long as brian anderson makes it ill be happy...

batmanZoSo
04-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Richb2:

Capital letters are your friend......(makes it easier to read your pontifications...)

Also the rules have been changed and Ozzie WILL NOT be able to take whomever he likes (a la Joe Torre). he discussed this in a story in one of the Sunday newspapers.

All he is definitely able to do will be to bring his entire staff (even as he said if he has to pay for it himself...)

Lip

What are the rules now?

Iguana775
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM

Just as long as it's a Sox player.... :) :supernana:

spiffie
04-24-2006, 10:40 AM
I would normally agree with stuffing the box for Sox players, but I would rather see the very best AL team possible this year, since I want to have home field again for us in October. (no deeppink needed)

anewman35
04-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Keep in mind that because it's in an NL park, there won't be a DH, and so there won't be a DH on the ballot, and so it will be very hard for both Paulie and Thome to be there.

Railsplitter
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Paulie and JD should be voted onto the squad. If for no other eason, then to punish those who left them off the WBc team.

sullythered
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Meh, I'd rather watch a mid June game against the Royals than the All-Star borefest.

Lip Man 1
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Batman:

The commissioner's office works with the managers to name the pitching staff and reserves. And by managers I mean ALL the league managers. They make recommendations, then the commissioner's office discusses them and talks to the All Star Manager where they whittle them down to the All Star team.

It's no longer the game manager calling up the other managers and saying 'what do you think...' There is apparently a process now that reduces or eliminates the game manager selecting only his players or friends.

Naturally MLB got so pissed off at the Yankees for exploting the rules that they had to change things before the Sox had the chance to also exploit them.

Lip

RealMenWearBlack
04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Keep in mind that because it's in an NL park, there won't be a DH, and so there won't be a DH on the ballot, and so it will be very hard for both Paulie and Thome to be there.

If both of them are playing like they are now, the one that doesn't get in the first time should get in as the 32nd man.

StockdaleForVeep
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM

If both continue their trend, one or both should make the team, either bench or 1 starter, one bench

we can see thome play 1b perhaps

batmanZoSo
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Batman:

The commissioner's office works with the managers to name the pitching staff and reserves. And by managers I mean ALL the league managers. They make recommendations, then the commissioner's office discusses them and talks to the All Star Manager where they whittle them down to the All Star team.

It's no longer the game manager calling up the other managers and saying 'what do you think...' There is apparently a process now that reduces or eliminates the game manager selecting only his players or friends.

Naturally MLB got so pissed off at the Yankees for exploting the rules that they had to change things before the Sox had the chance to also exploit them.

Lip

Yeah, it figures doesn't it.

I'm sure we're under no one's radar and we'll get the representation we deserve--which should be plentiful the way things are going. First and foremost, and like others said, may the best team take the field regardless of what that team is. I want Game 1 and 2 in Chicago if it happens again.

gobears1987
04-24-2006, 01:42 PM

Lip
great, now Coop will be able to fix the problems other pitchers are haivng.:angry:

Theanticub
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
as long as brian anderson makes it ill be happy...
at this point, I'd be happy with him as ROY

anewman35
04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
If both continue their trend, one or both should make the team, either bench or 1 starter, one bench

we can see thome play 1b perhaps

Well, they can't both be on the ballot, and I'd have to assume the Sox would choose Paulie to be the choice. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see him winning the election, and it's hard to believe the Sox would have two 1B backup make the team, but who knows.

As for Thome playing first, I can't imagine Ozzie would risk that, especially in a game that doesn't really matter...