PDA

View Full Version : Post game show...

Scottiehaswheels
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Did anyone listen to Rongey's post game show on the Score? My god the callers were horrible for the most part.... One guy kept calling Thome- Tome and Uribe-Erbee or something like that.... Same guy also was calling Ribbie and Roobarb- Reefer and something unintelligent.... I swear it was a Cub fan trying to make Sox fans look retarded...

Another guy was saying that we should get rid of Cotts after his performance today and Rongey said Cotts didn't even pitch today and the guy said oh yeah that Polit guy... ***? Please someone tell me they were also ready to call the station to lambast the stupid **** people calling in... I shut off my radio... Couldn't stand the garbage calls that guy got today... Do Cubs games have postgame shows? I swear I'll return the favor...

Tom~Attitude
04-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Heard that guy bitching about Cotts..Ya gotta wonder if he was "all there" or not. Why call in in compaining after a sweep and an eight game streak. He was saying that the Sox are going nowhere if they keep Cotts. Jerk!

Daver
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I can no longer listen to the Sox radio broadcast, it is simply to painful to listen to Clueless Ed and Talentless Chris.

Scottiehaswheels
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
I can no longer listen to the Sox radio broadcast, it is simply to painful to listen to Clueless Ed and Talentless Chris. I woke up late and caught the postgame show.... Also sometimes on my drives up from Indy I only have the radio.... Statticy(sp?) Singleton/Farmer mixed in with a Spanish station cutting in every 4-5 seconds is PHENOMENAL! Although Friday was pretty cool because I guess the Spanish station was broadcasting a soccer game and right when Thome hit his bomb the soccer team scored a goal so... I got Farmer saying that one is hit deep and then the Spanish station cut in with a guy screaming GOALLLLLLLLLLL! pretty cool really

PaulDrake
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Did anyone listen to Rongey's post game show on the Score? My god the callers were horrible for the most part.... One guy kept calling Thome- Tome and Uribe-Erbee or something like that.... Same guy also was calling Ribbie and Roobarb- Reefer and something unintelligent.... I swear it was a Cub fan trying to make Sox fans look retarded...

Another guy was saying that we should get rid of Cotts after his performance today and Rongey said Cotts didn't even pitch today and the guy said oh yeah that Polit guy... ***? Please someone tell me they were also ready to call the station to lambast the stupid **** people calling in... I shut off my radio... Couldn't stand the garbage calls that guy got today... Do Cubs games have postgame shows? I swear I'll return the favor... I heard it. I don't know if the guy was for real or not but there are people that dense in the world.

Brian26
04-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I can no longer listen to the Sox radio broadcast, it is simply to painful to listen to Clueless Ed and Talentless Chris.

With your disdain for Harrelson, how are you even watching the games lately? Gameday on the labtop in the garage? :D:

Daver
04-23-2006, 07:42 PM
With your disdain for Harrelson, how are you even watching the games lately? Gameday on the labtop in the garage? :D:

I lsten the Hyperbole Ken and pray for ESPN games.

SOXSINCE'70
04-23-2006, 07:54 PM

I agree.A friend drove me to the game today.We heard the calls in question
and both of us screamed out loud "Hang up on this ****ing jerk!!" after
each instance.I refuse to listen to WSCR again this summer.It's just
too painful!!The broadcasts i've heard are nothing
short of God awful.:puking:

SOXSINCE'70
04-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I heard it. I don't know if the guy was for real or not but there are people that dense in the world.

They're called sCrUBS fans.No teal needed.

rocky biddle
04-23-2006, 08:06 PM
I heard the show. With the first caller, the one bitching about Cotts, Rongey really seemed upset. He defended Cotts and asked the guy if he meant Politte. Even when the guy figured out that he meant Politte, Rongey still put the jackass in his place. He said something like, "I love dealing with the insane."

The next guy was obviously trying to being funny. The first few times he said "I-Reebee" Rongey tried to correct him but seemed to realize the guy was trying his hand at comedy. When he pronounced Thome like "thoam" (the th sound of those, rhyming with foam, if that makes any sense), I yelled at the radio and my wife turned it off. I was hoping that Rongey hung up on him or at least called him out for being a darshbag.

TomBradley72
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Separate from the overall disaster that is WSCR broadcasts of White Sox games...I think this is more evidence of the impact of the "casual fans" that are now following the Sox. The percentage of Sox fans who are knowledgable diehards has been diluted by the bandwagon jumpers.

Scottiehaswheels
04-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I think this is more evidence of the impact of the "casual fans" that are now following the Sox.

Honestly I was tempted to add this to the we hate bandwagoners thread but thought on the offchance others might have felt like it was Scrub fans calling in.... tough call as to what they were, other than obviously not Sox fans..

The Critic
04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
The Score is absolutely abysmal. There's not one show on that station that I can listen to without getting a headache.
Moving the Sox there was a horrible idea, and it's even worse in practice than it was in theory.
I'm really trying to just "get used" to the radio team, but it's HARD to listen to the games on the Score.

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Cotts...Politte. I get them mixed up all the time, too.:rolleyes:

peeonwrigley
04-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I like Rongey's post game shows from what I've heard. He's a little too ass-kissy to the Sox, but I guess that's to be expected.

The Dude
04-23-2006, 11:36 PM

You couldnt be more correct! Farmer is way too monotone to be a play by play man and "Slow Swing" has absolutely no business anywhere near a baseball stadium let alone a booth.

Rooney, we miss ya man! 8 White Sox winners in a row! and 4 goners today!

elrod
04-23-2006, 11:42 PM
My wife and I started cracking up when the guy referred to Yerby and Thome (like foam). Then Ronge asked the guy if he thougth Konarko was doing well. Great stuff. There are some serious mutants out there.

Jerko
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I wonder if that caller was with the girl I saw there yesterday who thought I-reebee's 2nd homer was a double. I said no, when you hit the ball and stop at 2nd, that is a double. First is a single, third is a triple and no, when it goes over the fence it's NOT a quadruple. :rolleyes:

Blob
04-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Separate from the overall disaster that is WSCR broadcasts of White Sox games...I think this is more evidence of the impact of the "casual fans" that are now following the Sox. The percentage of Sox fans who are knowledgable diehards has been diluted by the bandwagon jumpers.
That is what I feel the case may be as well. I didn't hear the call, but I would bet it is some "new" Sox fan.

McCuddy
04-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think I've listened to any type of postgame show with callers in 20 years. I just can't imagine what some guy at home with no connection to the team can offer in terms of information about the game.

CHISOXFAN13
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't think I've listened to any type of postgame show with callers in 20 years. I just can't imagine what some guy at home with no connection to the team can offer in terms of information about the game.

As opposed to a message board full of the same people?

nlentz88
04-24-2006, 02:09 PM
My wife and I started cracking up when the guy referred to Yerby and Thome (like foam). Then Ronge asked the guy if he thougth Konarko was doing well. Great stuff. There are some serious mutants out there.

Yeah, I was laughing too. I think the caller was trying to intentionally be funny. I would guess he was a Sox fan and a fairly knowledgeable one, what with the references to Ribbie and Rhubard.

The caller who started bashing Cotts until being told that Cotts was playing today... well... yeah, I think this guy wasn't all together in the head. He could have been drunk, senile, or just plain bonkers (that's the medical term).

Regardless, the postgame shown aint what it used to be. I miss Dave Wills. Oh, and Rooney too, of course.