PDA

View Full Version : Adding Insult to non-Injury

BRDSR
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
So the Sox won today. Great!

I had tickets to the game but wasn't able to make it because I have to work from 12-9(I'm at work right now). Anyway, I gave the tickets to my girlfriend and a friend of hers, and they went.

Around 2:30 I get a call from her, she's laughing up a storm: "I just got hit in the head with a home run ball!" So I check GameTracker and sure enough, Joe Mauer just went yard, right where my seats are. Apparently it bounced a couple rows up, hit her in the head, and the guy in front of her eventually came up with the ball. Don't worry, she's fine.

I've been to well over 100 baseball games in my life with nary a foul ball or homerun to show for it. Needless to say, I wouldn't have taken that one off the noggin if I'd been at the game. What luck.

But she had a good time and the Sox won. Can't ask for too much more, right?

bayzbol44
04-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I am sure your first question, was are you okay, right?

Chisox003
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
When I was about 7 or 8, I got hit in the head with a Danny Tartabul HR

I was in the LF bleachers, Sunday afternoon game and it was sunny as hell (I swear). The ball's hit, I put my glove up, lose it in the sun and BOOM! right in the noggin.

I got taken down to the medical center, got a few free MLB balls and 4 tickets behind home plate for the next home game. Never did get the HR ball (ya, some guy made off with it...nice :rolleyes:)

I swear though, the sun really was in my eyes....:redface:

robiwho
04-23-2006, 08:06 PM
A friend of mine was sitting right behind your GF and was telling me about her narrow escape from getting hit in the head by the ball.

Hope she's feeling OK.

bobwsx
04-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I was at the game and I kissed your GF.:tongue:

RealMenWearBlack
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
My friend got hit in the head by a BP homerun last year. We arrived at the game and we were going down the row to find our seats. We got situated and I saw the ball bounce off the bleacher and I really didn't realize that it was going to hit him in the head because we were about 8 seats away. He didn't get hurt, but he was initially confused and then he was pissed off that he had been paying more attention to his Italian sausage than he was BP.

BRDSR
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Hope she's feeling OK.

Thank you, you are a nice person.

I was at the game and I kissed your GF.:tongue:

You are a jerk. :wink: