JohnBasedowYoda
04-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah baby!

gbergman
woohoo nice win to bad i slept through most of this

gobears1987
What happens when our killer 3-4-5- go 1 for 11?

Our 7-8-9 go 8 for 12 with 4 HRs!!!!

ilsox7
Sun rises in east. Sox win. Sun sets in west. Next!

slobes
Hopefully this year we can get past the 8 game mark. Last year, our streak stopped at 8 like 4 times.

What a day for Uribe

Chisox003
When you're hot...you're hot.

We're hot. And we got that swagger back, like noone can beat us.

Alright West Coast - Bring it :duel:

Fuller_Schettman
woohoo nice win to bad i slept through most of this

Ha! So did the Twins

WinOrDyeTrying
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
8 games? Great, the Sox are gunna lose the next one

cbotnyse
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
7-8-9 hitters killing the ball today!! great game

:sweep :) :gulp: :bandance: :wired: :dancers: :cheers:

D. TODD
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Man, this is getting habit forming. Solid starting pitching, solid hitting, great power and another comfortable win. Contreras just looks like a stud every time out. Let's hope the trip to the west coast is strong. :gulp: :gulp:

cbotnyse
Ha! So did the Twins

:kneeslap:

whitesoxfan
Contreras was sharp again today. The offense had another big day. Like Hawk and DJ mentioned, the only downer today was that Thome did not score a run.

time to head out west. Let's have an even bigger winning streak than the 8 game streaks we had last year :smile:

SectionBNole
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::cool::coo l::cool::cool:

GO SOX GO

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
how do you like 12 for 13? The best this team did last year was 16 for 19.

Kogs35
04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
"clean up on aisle 4, clean up on aisle 4, we need some1 to sweep up these twinkies." oh wait the sox just did!!!!!!!! whoooooooooooo hooooooooooooo :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :gulp:

oeo
04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Only thing disappointing about the game: Thome didn't score. :(:

I guess he'll just have to come out tomorrow and start a new streak. :D:

HotelWhiteSox
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
W8

:sweep

Fuller_Schettman
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Contreras was sharp again today. The offense had another big day. Like Hawk and DJ mentioned, the only downer today was that Thome did not score a run.

time to head out west. Let's have an even bigger winning streak than the 8 game streaks we had last year :smile:

Since we are going to the West Coast, I wonder if this means our bullpen gets the week off like last time? :cool:

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
We can just leave our BP in Chicago. WE won't need them with our starting 6.

Or should that be deep pinked or even just black?:?:

MrRoboto83
04-23-2006, 04:41 PM
I love this Team!

oeo
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Will we be able to hit a 9-game winning streak this year?

MrRoboto83
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe we can do 15 game winning streaks this year instead of 8 gamers

MarySwiss
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Maybe we should start a poll: When will the Sox lose their next game?

I say mid-June 2008. :D: :gulp:

Erik The Red
04-23-2006, 04:47 PM
And the toons are 3 outs from dropping 2 of three to the Royals. :cool:

Time to build that A.L. Central lead.

PAPChiSox729
04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe we should start a poll: When will the Sox lose their next game?

I say mid-June 2008. :D: :gulp:

Tim Redding's next big league start.

Erik The Red
04-23-2006, 04:54 PM
If ever there was an occasion where this picture was appropriate, this is it.

:notwinks

Sox outscored the twinkies 23-5 this series. Amazing.

1951Campbell
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Brian Anderson, you're finding yourself. Congrats.

Jjav829
04-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I think this team is kind of good. :smile:

WikdChiSoxFan
04-23-2006, 05:01 PM
I think this team is kind of good. :smile:

They're showing some decent potential at least.

Fabs
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Sox sweep the Twinkies, Uribe homers twice, and Anderson gets his first homerun of the season! What a beautiful day for Chicago!
:supernana:

HomeFish
04-23-2006, 05:31 PM
The game started off sort of scary. The Twins jumped out to a quick 1-run lead, and Silva was working quick and throwing strikes. But the Sox figured him out near the end there.

chisoxfanatic
04-23-2006, 05:31 PM
What an exciting game to go to, and the weather was awesome! It was great meeting up with robiwho, DumpJerry, and itsnotrequired before the game on the fan deck, as well as meeting jenn2080 for the first time (too bad Soxstarter and her two little tikes couldn't get lower deck tickets)! I will have to say that I'm becoming a bigger fan of Man Soo Lee after this one! :D:

Uribe had the offensive game of his career, and it was great for Brian Anderson to finally hit one out of the park! Maybe he can get a nice swing going now.

It's always great to sweep the Twinkies!

Realist
04-23-2006, 05:36 PM
:bandance: our 'nana
http://www.ezupa.com/misc/banana-still.gif their 'nana

ChiSoxIn06
04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Another great game all around for the Sox...Now lets see it continue on the west coast...i have a feeling our boy garland is going to have a solid outing and keep this staff rolling.

TaylorStSox
04-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I love watching Contreras pitch. He's pretty good. :bandance:

We haven't been this hot at the plate since the days of Frank, Maggs and Lee. It's nice to see the offense take some pressure off the pitching. This is going to pay dividends towards the end of the season. IMO, the reason we struggled towards the end of last year was fatigue from so many close games.

goon
04-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Brian Anderson, you're finding yourself. Congrats.

right on. in the last few games, brian has looked solid at the plate. he's taking pitches, not chasing everything low (and away), and most importantly, swinging with confidence. with this lineup, he's going to get a lot of good pitches to hit, it's just a matter of him being able to make something happen.

chisoxfanatic
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
We haven't been this hot at the plate since the days of Frank, Maggs and Lee.

Yep. The difference between then and now is that now we have pitching as well. Outside of Buehrle (and Loaiza for ONE season), our pitching was very hit-and-miss back then. This is one COMPLETE team, guys!

Realist
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM
IMO, the reason we struggled towards the end of last year was fatigue from so many close games.

That's an interesting theory and I think there may be some truth to it. I sure as hell know I was freakin' exhausted just from watching all the close games by the all-star break last year and I was ready for the playoffs to begin already.

Lip Man 1
04-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Another fine win. Keep winning games!

(and it would be nice if the friggin' Mariners could beat the Tigers for once!!!!!)

Lip

TomBradley72
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Just got back from the game...what a perfect afternoon of April baseball. Great weather, great crowd (very lively, very into the game, TONS of kids around), I actually had Brian Anderson as my pick to click :cool: , more great defense from Crede....it is a great time to be a fan of the Chicago White Sox.

GregoryEtc
04-23-2006, 06:03 PM
:winner
:twinslose
:indianslose

Baby Fisk
04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Damme! I missed this game, but glad to hear the Sox have swept the Twinkies. Does this mean that weirdo troll kid won't be showing up at 5:00am?

A nice devastating tear through Seattle and Anaheim next would be great. One by one, every player has come around. This team is firing on all cylinders.

chisoxmike
04-23-2006, 06:08 PM
A few things...

what a game to be at! Thanks to cheeses h rice, I had great seats, right behind the Twins dugout, I was lucky enough to get my first foul ball today at the game off the bat of Lew Ford, thanks Tim!

The game was something else, the Sox are unbelieveable right now. Jose was awesome! The crowd was great too, it was great to see all these jagbags with Twins shirts and Cubs hats on walking out with frowns on their faces. Let me tell you, it wasn't just one person! I saw a ton of people wearing this **** at the game and on the red line today. All I did was yell sweep after the game!

GO SOX!

:winner:supernana:

The Racehorse
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Sun rises in east. Sox win. Sun sets in west. Next!

Hey, that's good stuff! :D: :cool:

:bandance:

chisoxmike
04-23-2006, 06:10 PM
And Ozzie was driving next to me on the way home from the game...:supernana:

cbone
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Just got back from the game as well, what a perfect afternoon! I took my 15 year old daughter, so I got to hang out with her all day. Sox looked great, everyone stepping up at different times. I hate west coast trips, I start work at 4:30 am so I get to see about 9 pitches total.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Just got back myself. Another great game and another successful outing with the little one. Current standings: itsnotrequired family 3, ballpark 1.

Getting back home was a bit of an ordeal. We took the Red to Belmont and got off to transfer to the Brown. About five minutes after we got off, a train approached the station. Blast, another Red. mjharrison72 was on it though so we got to shoot the breeze up on the platform. 8 minutes later, another train approaches. It is yet another Red. The situation officially sucks now as the wind is freezing cold by this time. A third train approaches about 8 minutes later and it is, you guessed it, a Red. ***? I glance down the track and there isn't another train in sight. We decided to throw caution to the wind and take the Red to Addison and hope to grab a bus from there. I wasn't sure what the schedule of the bus was so it was a total crapshoot, especially since the little one was getting fussy.

We got off at Addison, walked down to the street and a bus was there waiting for us.:cool:

Sig update time.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:13 PM
And Ozzie was driving next to me on the way home from the game...:supernana:

Were you able to get his autograph?:tongue:

GoSox2K3
04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
:winner
:twinslose
:indianslose

I think we're going to need a "Tigers Lose" graphic for this site. We might be padding our lead against the Indians, but the Tigers staying 1.5 back.

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry, but the Tigers are a joke. They won't be with us past May. They are to 06 what the O's were in 05.

TornLabrum
04-23-2006, 06:24 PM
The game started off sort of scary. The Twins jumped out to a quick 1-run lead, and Silva was working quick and throwing strikes. But the Sox figured him out near the end there.

I'm absolutely stunned. Not one word about Thome and Konerko going a combined 0-8!!!!!!!

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm absolutely stunned. Not one word about Thome and Konerko going a combined 0-8!!!!!!!
:chickenlittle

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
That's because they only went 0-7.:wink:

Hitmen77
04-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Wasn't able to watch the game today. Heard about Anderson's HR. That's great, but can anyone offer insight on how he looked overall at the plate today. Aside from the dinger, does it look like he's coming around?

If we have Pods, Uribe, and BA coming around and the rest of the lineup keeps smoking the ball.....man, we could be in for a really really fun summer.

TaylorStSox
04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Wasn't able to watch the game today. Heard about Anderson's HR. That's great, but can anyone offer insight on how he looked overall at the plate today. Aside from the dinger, does it look like he's coming around?

If we have Pods, Uribe, and BA coming around and the rest of the lineup keeps smoking the ball.....man, we could be in for a really really fun summer.

He had a nice pass at a ball in the AB after the HR. He still looks in between on everything though. The other hit was "excuse me" check swing roller up the 3rd base line.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:33 PM

(and it would be nice if the friggin' Mariners could beat the Tigers for once!!!!!)

Lip
Mariners are down by 2 in the 8th with the bases juiced (Everett just walked to load them). GIT R DONE!

Brian26
04-23-2006, 06:38 PM
That's because they only went 0-7.:wink:

Thome's Sac Fly doesn't count as an at-bat, right? PK almost had a homer if not for Hunter (at least it looked like he robbed it). Hard to tell on the stadium replay.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Thome's Sac Fly doesn't count as an at-bat, right?
Correct. Another interesting tidbit from today's game is that Cuddyer doesn't get credit for knocking in that run in the 9th since he hit into a double play.

Ah, the intricacies of baseball.:cool:

jenn2080
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
:supernana: What an awesome game!!!!!!!! 2 HR By Uribe, 1 Crede and I have no words for Brian hitting one out. I sat in the fan deck and when he hit that I stood up and I was like no way no way no way...OH MY GOD! BA is slowly starting to come around. What an unreal game. Successful on autographs too. My brother got Burls(which we were first in line for.) He was super cool. Took an awesome picture with my little bro which I will post later. Then we went into Brian Anderson and Vazquez line and got both their autographs. Over all I think it was a succesful kids day for my little bro. He new more of what was going on then half the people in the fan deck. Afterwards he got to run the bases which at first he was nervous because he thought that he was running in front of 37,000 people. He thought it was great that he got to touch first since Paulie is his favorite player. Then I successfully spent over a $100 in Grandstands. It was good to meet little itsnotrequired(too cute) and mrs. itsnotrequired along with chisoxfanatic and seeing everyone else. Now its on the for the west coast. 3 more days till I am in Cali.. WAHOOOO.........

pearso66
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Thome's Sac Fly doesn't count as an at-bat, right? PK almost had a homer if not for Hunter (at least it looked like he robbed it). Hard to tell on the stadium replay.

Hunter indeed went up and over the fence to catch it. I thought it was pretty clear on the stadium replay, lol.

Yet another great game to be at, and thankfully there was cloud cover, as I probably would have gotten scorched in the sun. Jose and the back end of the lineup looked great. I was just hoping Thome would have scored, oh well, can't have it all.

soxjim
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
How sweep it is. Saw all 3 games. I have no voice. Next game for me to attend is May 7 section 148. Record with me in attendance is 4-0.

Frankfan4life
04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Great game today. Weird weather (first hot then cold). I took my grandson and he just loved all the fireworks. Thank you Jose, Joe, Juan, and Brian for the great entertainment!

GregoryEtc
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
....when he hit that I stood up and I was like no way no way no way...OH MY GOD!...

:) Where have I heard that before?

:moonwalk:

Brian26
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Correct. Another interesting tidbit from today's game is that Cuddyer doesn't get credit for knocking in that run in the 9th since he hit into a double play.

If that run scores on a groundout (say, 4-3), would he have been credited with an rbi?

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
A few things...

what a game to be at! Thanks to cheeses h rice, I had great seats, right behind the Twins dugout, I was lucky enough to get my first foul ball today at the game off the bat of Lew Ford, thanks Tim!

The game was something else, the Sox are unbelieveable right now. Jose was awesome! The crowd was great too, it was great to see all these jagbags with Twins shirts and Cubs hats on walking out with frowns on their faces. Let me tell you, it wasn't just one person! I saw a ton of people wearing this **** at the game and on the red line today. All I did was yell sweep after the game!

GO SOX!

:winner:supernana:

Geez. I'm 39 years old and I still haven't caught a foul ball yet. Lucky you.

:gulp:

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM
If that run scores on a groundout (say, 4-3), would he have been credited with an rbi?

Yep. Of course, it can't be the groundout to end the inning.:redneck

Brian26
04-23-2006, 06:59 PM

How about the last out of the game? 1-4-3?

GeauxSox
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
...then the RBI (and the run) don't count.

BeviBall!
04-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Baseball rules 101: No RBI is credited when scored during a double play. Of course, Cliff's ERA keeps climbing because of it.

mjharrison72
04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Very nice win today... great to see Uribe going yard (and Crede and Anderson), and Contreras made it look easy. I love sweeping the Twinkies!

Also was nice running into itsnotrequired and his family at the Belmont platform. That Brown Line train never did come... we took the next Red Line up to Sheridan and got on the Irving Park bus, rather than wait for what was surely a ridiculously crowded train.

Chips
04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
What an exciting game to go to, and the weather was awesome! It was great meeting up with robiwho, DumpJerry, and itsnotrequired before the game on the fan deck, as well as meeting jenn2080 for the first time (too bad Soxstarter and her two little tikes couldn't get lower deck tickets)! I will have to say that I'm becoming a bigger fan of Man Soo Lee after this one! :D:

Uribe had the offensive game of his career, and it was great for Brian Anderson to finally hit one out of the park! Maybe he can get a nice swing going now.

It's always great to sweep the Twinkies!

The fan deck was too crowded for the game so we sat in 157 for a bit, moved to 147 then moved to 103 for the rest of the game.

Blob
04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Great game today! They are rollin'!!

Just missed catching Joe's homer today. There was a family of Twinkie fans in front of me and the Dad tipped it over my head! UGH!! So close!

MarySwiss
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM

Lip

It would be nice if ANYBODY (other than us) could beat the Tigers!!

The Racehorse
04-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Great game today! They are rollin'!!

Just missed catching Joe's homer today. There was a family of Twinkie fans in front of me and the Dad tipped it over my head! UGH!! So close!

Did you ensure your beer was spilled on their heads? :)

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Very nice win today... great to see Uribe going yard (and Crede and Anderson), and Contreras made it look easy. I love sweeping the Twinkies!

Also was nice running into itsnotrequired and his family at the Belmont platform. That Brown Line train never did come... we took the next Red Line up to Sheridan and got on the Irving Park bus, rather than wait for what was surely a ridiculously crowded train.

Wait, the next train that came was Red as well? Someone standing on the platform before I got there would have witnessed at least 5 Red trains go by before a Brown showed up.

Bobbo35
04-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Boy this was a great weekend of baseball!! Great pitching by Contreras, Uribe was a stud today and the Sox steamroller is heading to the land of suicide and starbucks. Can it get any better? Go SoX!!!

JUribe1989
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Torii Hunter still gets booed at the Cell. I love it!

I love it when the Sox sweep my most hated team.

:sweep
That explosive Twins offense!

TheOldRoman
04-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Baseball rules 101: No RBI is credited when scored during a double play. Of course, Cliff's ERA keeps climbing because of it.
Actually, Cliff giving up one run over 1 inning LOWERED his ERA.:(:
It's alright, he will come around.

I went to the game today, and it was great to see the boys keep the streak going. It was also really encouraging to win a game (in comfortable fashion) in which our 3-4-5 did almost nothing (1 hit, 1 RBI). This is a damn fine team.

Pureone
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Ha! So did the Twins

:bandance:

Let's hope Jose keeps it up!

chisox77
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
As I've posted several times before, and I'll do it again - the White Sox have the potential to be something incredibly special. Long season and game to game health considered, this is maybe the most powerful and balanced Sox team I've seen.

:cool:

flo-B-flo
04-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Impressive performance again by the Sox. Uribe's 3 run homer was huge. They're just playing fun to watch Baseball. The Count pitched 8 strong and looked great. What did I read? Thome hit .200 and his back hurt. The ONLY bad year that guy had was when he was hurt. I still remember how he killed the Sox and the Central a while back. Kenny W is pulling the right levers and hitting the jackpot a lot. A dreaded west coast excursion next. They're playing with confidence. Vamanos

Blob
04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Did you ensure your beer was spilled on their heads? :)

Actually, they were nice people. And the kids were like 7, 5 and 4 or so. And their Mom was a Sox fan.

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Actually, they were nice people. And the kids were like 7, 5 and 4 or so. And their Mom was a Sox fan.LOL!!! A house divided

mjharrison72
04-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Wait, the next train that came was Red as well? Someone standing on the platform before I got there would have witnessed at least 5 Red trains go by before a Brown showed up.
Yeah...something had to have been wrong. There was nobody at the Irving Park station when we went by on the bus, either. Glad we both decided to use our alternatives!