PDA

View Full Version : Still having fun

leens01
04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I thought it was amusing the way the team treated Anderson after he hit his homerun. It looks like they are still having fun down there. That to me was one of the best things from the season last year.

Palehose13
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
What is the story/deal with the silent treatment?

HotelWhiteSox
04-23-2006, 04:37 PM
It's a rookie thing, or I guess as a joke after breaking out of a slump

cbotnyse
04-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I saw that too....thats a great way to zing a rookie or a guy in a slump (or both in Anderson's case) just havin fun right now, great to see that....

Edward
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
It's a rookie thing, or I guess as a joke after breaking out of a slump

Yep, i think its a slumpbuster sorta thing. Remember when they threw a pie in his face when he was giving an interview last year?

EDIT: They also made him dress up like a girl or something on a road trip IIRC.

RealMenWearBlack
04-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Yep, i think its a slumpbuster sorta thing. Remember when they threw a pie in his face when he was giving an interview last year?

EDIT: They also made him dress up like a girl or something on a road trip IIRC.

IIRC, they made him dress up as an ASU cheer leader on a flight during spring training.

chisoxfanatic
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
IIRC, they made him dress up as an ASU cheer leader on a flight during spring training.

It was Buehrle's idea! :D:

The things the rookies have to do now a days are much more intense than they had to in the '90s! Back then, all the rookies had to do was stuff like carrying sunflower seeds to the dugout or bullpen in kiddie lunch boxes.

I'm sure Anderson has no hard feelings towards the veterans tho! I love how loose this team is.

GregoryEtc
04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Not true... back when Ventura was in charge of rookie hazing, they also used to dress the rooks up in costumes... Ventura was partial to superheroes.

goon
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
i'm just glad he touched first base.

hawkjt
04-23-2006, 06:10 PM
yea, that expression on BA's face as he entered the dugout was priceless. You could read his lips when he said '' ah c'mon,guys''

They had a good laugh in the dugout.

You know what they say

Winning is fung, fung is winning.

Fabs
04-23-2006, 06:12 PM
I was at the game, so I missed the Anderson dugout commotion. What exactly happened?

Edward
04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I was at the game, so I missed the Anderson dugout commotion. What exactly happened?

They gave him the silent treatment, acted like he struck out. But eventually they gave in and congratulated him.