PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson

ChiSoxFan7
04-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Now what's gonna happen to him. He's on the 15 Day DL, but is there room for him/is he healthy. And more importantly, Boone isn't doing to shabby?

comments anyone, anyone? (Ferris Bueller Refernce)

oeo
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Now what's gonna happen to him. He's on the 15 Day DL, but is there room for him/is he healthy. And more importantly, Boone isn't doing to shabby?

comments anyone, anyone? (Ferris Bueller Refernce)

I haven't really been impressed with Boone at all. If Hermanson is healthy, no doubt I want him back in the pen. We can use another good arm behind Bobby and McCarthy. And hopefully Cliff and Cotts can turn it around, and we're pretty much set.

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately, I think Hermy's days as a major-league pitcher are done. Despite a whole off-season's rest, his back doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

At least he went out on top.

areilly
04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately, I think Hermy's days as a major-league pitcher are done. Despite a whole off-season's rest, his back doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

At least he went out on top.

I was really glad to see him come through when and where we needed him, and was very happy that he had such a stellar season (from out of nowhere!) for the Sox.

I know he was a new addition to the family, but if this is the end of the line I'll be a little saddened to see Hermie go.

Sargeant79
04-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Even though he's on the 15 day DL, I would be surprised if he sees action before July. IIRC, the plan was to let him rest his back and recover for an extended period of time and see how he felt after that.

But honestly, I agree with Ol' No. 2. At this point, I would be very surprised to see Hermanson pitch again beyond a game or two to test things out later in the summer. Back injuries like his don't tend to go away. You pitch through the pain if you can, but it can't really be fixed.

Law11
04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Boone looked like garbage last night....

Lip Man 1
04-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I think Dustin is done. He had the entire off season to work on his back....he did his work, stretched, lifted...did everything that was asked of him.

First few times he gets on the mound same old stuff.

It would be tremendous if the Sox could get him back in the second half but I don't think Kenny is counting on it.

More then likely he'll be making a deal or two for added depth.

Lip

sullythered
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I think Dustin is through, but if he can make a comeback, we'll send Boone down because Thorton's out of options.

gobears1987
04-23-2006, 06:22 PM
I think Dustin is through, but if he can make a comeback, we'll send Boone down because Thorton's out of options.and THornton seems to be a better option that Logan.

QCIASOXFAN
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
and THornton seems to be a better option that Logan. I would have to agree, if I wanted to see one go when Herm comes back I would say Boone.

Saracen
04-23-2006, 11:16 PM
From tomorrow's Trib referring to Hermanson:

"We're holding out hope he'll be back," Cooper said. "But he's not in the forefront of my mind. I don't foresee him here before the All-Star break."