PDA

View Full Version : Twins Talk

Brian26
04-22-2006, 09:10 PM
These Twins got nothing.

They won't finish above 4th. They're done.

TheOldRoman
04-22-2006, 09:29 PM
They won't finish above 4th. They're done.
Please.
They have Santana, Radke, and Silva in their rotation; Roidcon, Liriano, and Nathan in their bullpen. They will be fine. Their offense is patchwork, but if they can score some runs, they will win a lot of ballgames. If Mauer and Morneau have good years, I can see them finishing ahead of the Indians.

IlliniSox4Life
04-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Please.
They have Santana, Radke, and Silva in their rotation; Roidcon, Liriano, and Nathan in their bullpen. They will be fine. Their offense is patchwork, but if they can score some runs, they will win a lot of ballgames. If Mauer and Morneau have good years, I can see them finishing ahead of the Indians.

I agree. They've looked bad the last 2 games, but then again, everyone looks bad when they're up against our staff. :D:

Brian26
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Please.

There's no way in hell they're going to finish ahead of the Indians. This franchise is on the decline. And you're giving way too much credit to Radke and Silva.

ondafarm
04-22-2006, 09:41 PM
The Twins are a decent team, with good pitching. Unfortunately, the Sox are mighty fine and the Indians aren't bad either.

PeteWard
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
There's no way in hell they're going to finish ahead of the Indians. This franchise is on the decline.

If things were equal I'd agree with you but they're not. The Twins have that horrible dome advantage where they are still very very tough to beat (Look what happened to NY last week). I think they could finish second because of this and because of Cleveland's bullpen. I think any of three team could finish second to the Sox.

TheOldRoman
04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
If things were equal I'd agree with you but they're not. The Twins have that horrible dome advantage where they are still very very tough to beat (Look what happened to NY last week). I think they could finish second because of this and because of Cleveland's bullpen. I think any of three team could finish second to the Sox. Yep. More importantly, the Twins have the heart of a champion. They are very fiesty, and they never give up. Over the last five years they have won a lot of games that they shouldn't have. The Twins know how to get it done.
The Indians, on the other hand, haven't proved ****. They have shown the last two years that when you punch them in the mouth, they will cower.
04: Indians took the first two games of series to get to within a game of the Twins. In the finale the Twins smoked them by 10 runs or so. The Indians finished 15 games back.
05:Joe! Crede! Even though the Indians won the next game, that home run effectively ended their season. They were 1.5 back at that point, and finished 6 games behind.

The Indians need to grow a pair before I pick them to do anything.

Brian26
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Yep. More importantly, the Twins have the heart of a champion.

:?: Are you including Rondell White and Tony Batista in that equation?

D. TODD
04-22-2006, 10:40 PM
We are only a month into the season, no team is out of it. Well, the Royals are. :smile: This Twins team does not strike as much fear into me as some of their past teams, but they are capable of making plenty of noise. Baseball is a LONG season, and alot can happen. With that said I like our chances! :D:

QCIASOXFAN
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I think I would buy into this, I think that the Sox and Indians are obviously 1 and 2 and the tigers would be 3. The Tigers got Kenny Rogers and Bonderman who are very good pitchers also. I know the Twins have Santana and Radke but I think that the Tigers have a much better offense than the Twins also. The Tigers also have good coaches now in Jim Leyland and Gene Lamont. So yes the Twins will finish 4.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Make no mistake, these games in April are HUGE.

The Sox in first place and beating up the A.L. Central are both tremendous harbingers of how the season is likely to play out. The fact Minnesota already has tread marks on their chest is very encouraging, too.
:cool:

Daver
04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Make no mistake, these games in April are HUGE.

The Sox in first place and beating up the A.L. Central are both tremendous harbingers of how the season is likely to play out. The fact Minnesota already has tread marks on their chest is very encouraging, too.

The Sox won the division in April last year, by beating their own division into the ground, win the battles, and the prize will follow.

Fuller_Schettman
04-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Don't discount the Tigers. Their pitching is getting better every day. In fact, I think they may lead the AL in ERA right now. Maroth, Rogers and Bonderman are a strong trio and Robertson had a nice tidy 2-hitter tonight...

ewokpelts
04-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Thier Bullpen is weak.
Starting pitching, aside from Santana, is ok at best.

This division will be won with pitching.

Sox and Jndians have the better pitching staffs.
Detroit's gotten better, but who knows if they can put it together all season?

Gene

doublem23
04-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm not sold on Detroit for the long-haul either, but there's no way Minnesota finishes above Cleveland or the Sox. This team sucks.

LuvSox
04-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm not sold on Detroit for the long-haul either, but there's no way Minnesota finishes above Cleveland or the Sox. This team sucks.

1. Sox

2. Cleev-land

3. Detroit

4. Twinks

5. Royals

HotelWhiteSox
04-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Minnesota is a playoff team...in the NL

voodoochile
04-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Don't discount the Tigers. Their pitching is getting better every day. In fact, I think they may lead the AL in ERA right now. Maroth, Rogers and Bonderman are a strong trio and Robertson had a nice tidy 2-hitter tonight...
I think they are going to finish second in the ALC and the Jndjans are going to fade into third.

Thier Bullpen is weak.
Starting pitching, aside from Santana, is ok at best.

This division will be won with pitching.

Sox and Jndians have the better pitching staffs.
Detroit's gotten better, but who knows if they can put it together all season?

Gene
Only if they can stay healthy. Toons are in for a roller coaster year with a mediocre finish at the rate their pitchers are presently dropping. They don't have near the depth they need to overcome these issues.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-23-2006, 09:53 AM

LOL! True. Very true.

:thumbsup:

MrRoboto83
04-23-2006, 09:55 AM

They would run away with the NL West for sure.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-23-2006, 10:20 AM
The Sox won the division in April last year, by beating their own division into the ground, win the battles, and the prize will follow.

Somewhere out there is a set of remarkable statistics about the number of first-place baseball teams on April 30 going on to win their division in October. The correlation is even greater for teams in first place on May 31.

These early season games are true bellweathers for the season to come. It's all good for the Sox right now.

Baby Fisk
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
1. Sox

2. Cleev-land

3. Detroit

4. Twinks

5. Royals

Agreed.

Brian26
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Please.

Another great outing by Silva today. When can we start printing Twins playoff tix? :thumbsup:

hawkjt
04-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Pitching staffs in the AL central

1. Sox
2. Tigers
3.Twins
4.Indians

5.KC

Now if Sabbathia comes back the indians may jump up a slot but their bullpen is weakened this year along with their rotation.

Tigers are impressive to date.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 05:35 PM

Three straight three-game sweeps aginst AL Central opponents is certainly a nice way to start.:cool:

JB98
04-24-2006, 01:25 AM
It's not real clear to me how Silva and Lohse are keeping their spots in the Twins rotation when they have a guy like Liriano waiting in the wings. That kid would give them a better chance to win than those two aforementioned mediocre dopes. Radke isn't exactly setting the world on fire either. I think he is overrated by Sox fans. He's given us fits in key September games through the years, but he's very average against the league as a whole.

We caught the Twins at a good time. Their below average lineup was made even weaker by the absences of Stewart and Castillo. But they might be in for a long year if they're going to be using Sierra and Batista in the clean-up spot on a regular basis. Sox hitters ran roughshod over Twins pitching this weekend. That's a great sign for us and bad news for Minnesota fans. This might be the year the Twins sink back into oblivion. Fourth place? Maybe. Detroit definitely has a better lineup, and they probably have a deeper starting rotation.

Mr. White Sox
04-24-2006, 02:03 AM
so far, Morneau and Mauer are all potential. If they can both live up to it, the Twins will have an awesome 3/4 combo for years to come. As of now, though, it looks like Mauer is headed for the upper echelon of MLB Catchers, while Morneau is going the Joe Borchard route.

Either way, even if Morneau starts being amazing, he's only 25 right now so he could have a couple of Crede-esque years before "breaking out", if at all.