04-22-2006, 09:13 PM
One more!! Let's sweep tomorrow!! :bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

LongLiveFisk
04-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Oops...didn't mean to neglect these handy additions:

:notwinks :twinslose :winner

nedlug
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Aaaaaand..... Thome ties the ML record, right?

Saracen
04-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Thome is 7 games short of the ML record.

Nice game, Sox rolling!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-22-2006, 09:20 PM
This team is on fire. What a shame it has to be the Minnesota Twins that gets the tread marks straight over their backs from the Big White Machine!
:wink:

Of course the Sox haven't made a "statement" victory over the Twins... not counting that they're simply having their ass handed to them.
:cool:

1951Campbell
04-22-2006, 09:23 PM
This team looks pretty darn good right now. Pretty darn good.

HomeFish
04-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Don't forget that KC actually won also. 2.5 game lead.

D. TODD
04-22-2006, 09:24 PM
This team is playing well, hopefully they can continue to keep rolling. Other then a few spots in the bullpen, this team looks to be hitting on all cylinders. There are many a way for the Sox to beat you. Solid job by Freddy, with longball and smallball on display tonight. Go get 'em tomorrow, it's always fun to beat the Twinkies!:gulp:

whitesoxfan1986
The Sox are on a mission right now!:D: Nice to see good pitching and offense consistently this season.

and BTW
:indianslose

:notwinks

LongLiveFisk
Thome is unbelievable!

And that diving attempt by Dye--I think the ball got lost in the lights. A great effort, and good thing that ball hits him in the leg otherwise that whole inning could have been different. I was surprised Hawk didn't mention that; he's usually pretty perceptive about those things. :D:

Edward
04-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Thome is 7 games short of the ML record.

Nice game, Sox rolling!

Hawk and DJ said he has the record, and I've heard many different answers on this. Anyone know, with a good source, what the record really is? Not saying you're wrong or anything, just confused.

D. TODD
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Hawk and DJ said he has the record, and I've heard many different answers on this. Anyone know, with a good source, what the record really is? Not saying you're wrong or anything, just confused. He has the record for consecutive games at the start of the season, but not for consecutive games overall .

Corlose 15
04-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Hawk and DJ said he has the record, and I've heard many different answers on this. Anyone know, with a good source, what the record really is? Not saying you're wrong or anything, just confused.

Thome has the record for consecutive games with a run TO START THE SEASON.

The AL record for consecutive games with a run overall is 18. The MLB record is 24.

StrTrkker
04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Damn we good.

Great win tonite. Lets go for the sweep manana and hit the road on a high note.

:bandance:

Saracen
04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I think the AL record is 18 by Red Rolfe & Kenny Lofton, and someone in the 1800's had 24 consecutive games with a run. This start to the season record sure is impressive though.

TheOldRoman
04-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Don't forget that KC actually won also. 2.5 game lead.
Yeah, but a lot can happen tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
04-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Pretty good win tonight...bullpen made it 'interesting' for a few minutes but all's well that ends well.

Keep winning games.

Lip

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Don't forget that KC actually won also. 2.5 game lead.Detroit is winning tonight and only 1.5 behind?

chisoxmike
04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Excellent pounding tonight by our boys. I was switching between the Sox and the Bulls tonight. The Twins don't even look like they want to be playing. Far cry from just two years ago.

I was thinking tonight... who would've thought that two years ago so much would change in our sports world... that the Sox would have won the worldnseries and be owning the Twins and our Bulls would be in the playoffs. How things have changed.:D:

Realist
04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
:bandance: Sox nana
http://www.ezupa.com/misc/banana-still.gif Twins nana

QCIASOXFAN
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I love when Thome goes yard and Hawk describes his homers as being "Majestic".

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Pretty good win tonight...bullpen made it 'interesting' for a few minutes but all's well that ends well.

Keep winning games.

Lip

Yes, Logan (and Jenks) interjected unnecessary drama. McCarthy was fine, though. Last year, if the Sox pen was like this, they would not have won the World Series. Likewise, if this year's team had last year's rather anemic offense, it wouldn't be in first place right now, either. Thankfully, the potent bats are covering up for the admittedly shaky pen.

I'm starting to get concerned about Freddy's apparent loss of velocity (cue the dark cloud tag....), but he only gave up two runs and pitched until there were two outs in the seventh inning, precisely the "mean" of all Sox pitchers' starts in 2005. For not having his stuff, Freddy did a fine job battling throughout the game and most importantly he got the win.

The middle of the lineup is firing on all cylinders. It's starting to get contagious; both Crede and A.J. are hitting over .300. Right now this has to be considered one of the top three or four most dangerous lineups in the majors.

A win's a win, but it's doubly sweet against a division rival and their #2 starter.
:supernana:

SOecks
04-22-2006, 09:59 PM
What a great Home Run call by Hawk on Thome's blast. Great win. Lets finish those twinkies off tomorrow.

voodoochile
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Another good starting pitching performance.

Another good job of timely hitting.

Two more big blasts including ANOTHER Thomer.

2.5 games up and growinG.

So what do we do to keep ourselves busy until October gets here? :cool:

:winner:
:twinslose:

I wonder if the Twinkies still think they're the better team? :dunno:

TheOldRoman
04-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Yes, Logan (and Jenks) interjected unnecessary drama. McCarthy was fine, though. Last year, if the Sox pen was like this, they would not have won the World Series. Likewise, if this year's team had last year's rather anemic offense, it wouldn't be in first place right now, either. Thankfully, the potent bats are covering up for the admittedly shaky pen.

I'm starting to get concerned about Freddy's apparent loss of velocity (cue the dark cloud tag....), but he only gave up two runs and pitched until there were two outs in the seventh inning, precisely the "mean" of all Sox pitchers' starts in 2005. For not having his stuff, Freddy did a fine job battling throughout the game and most importantly he got the win.

The middle of the lineup is firing on all cylinders. It's starting to get contagious; both Crede and A.J. are hitting over .300. Right now this has to be considered one of the top three or four most dangerous lineups in the majors.

A win's a win, but it's doubly sweet against a division rival and their #2 starter.
:supernana:

I am not worried about Freddy's velocity. In his last start he got up to 92 or 93, which is where he was last year. He had a shutout going into the 5th, and those 4 runs came because of the conditions.
He had some of the worst stuff I've ever seen him with tonight, and he still only have up two runs over 6.2. He will be fine.

As for the BP, I am not worried. Cotts started slowly last year and turned it on in the 2nd half. Logan hadn't pitched in probably 2 weeks, so I can understand his lack of control. He will have to learn to deal with long layoffs with our rotation. Not only that, but I think Thornton will be huge for us by the end of the year.

All is right with the world right now (sans the Bulls losing tonight).

soxjim
04-22-2006, 10:03 PM
What a fun game to be at. Record with me in attendance is 3-0. I will be there tomorrow to make it 4-0. Lets go SOX.

TaylorStSox
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
The offense is really clicking well. Thome's had such a huge impact on the 4-7 hitters. They all look much more relaxed at the plate.

I'm real concerned about Freddy. Not having your good stuff for a start or 2 is one thing. Not having anything for 4 starts is a concern IMO. His numbers looked good tonight, but he was getting hit hard all night. Hopefully it's a WBC/dead arm thing.

CLR01
04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
2.5 games up and growinG.

:puking:

Bring back the dancing bananas.

voodoochile
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
:puking:

Bring back the dancing bananas.
Hey guys what do you think about that?

:supernana: :bandance: :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :bandance: :supernana:
"CLR is right, but he's still a party pooper..."

:)

Frankfan4life
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Freddy pitched well enough today. The offense was great. The defense was adequate. The bullpen was shaky but got the job done. The Sox did what it took to win the ballgame.

The Sox take the series but a sweep would be sweet! :D:

TornLabrum
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
You really have to love it when a "bad game" by the pitching staff results in two runs.

Fabs
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Great game! And the fireworks were awesome! Was a nice surprise to go to the game tonight! See ya tomorrow!
SOX WIN! SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

:bandance: :bandance:

mike squires
04-22-2006, 10:37 PM
For some reason I don't like Sunday day games at home. Maybe I still have my head in the 80's though???

I think going out on the coast will be a true early season test for our boys.

Bobbo35
04-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Just got home from the game and all I have to say is this team is on FIRE!!! Teams in the league have to be like, " man I do not want to play the White Sox now." It is great. Solid performance from Freddy, great hitting by Dye, nice blast by Thome. Man I love this team!!!

Corlose 15
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
For some reason I don't like Sunday day games at home. Maybe I still have my head in the 80's though???

I think going out on the coast will be a true early season test for our boys.

The Mariners got shut out by Nate Robertson and the Tigers tonight after getting dominated by Maroth (who is admitedly off to a great start) last night. Not to mention they went about 27 straight innings against the A's without scoring earlier this year. I fully expect the Sox pitchers to dominate them this series. The Angels are around five hundred and the Indians pitching staff is a mash unit right now. I expect a successful trip.

Of course there's still one more game tomorrow. So Jose can send the team off on a high note. :cool:

thomas35forever
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Even when the game has been decided, Thome never lets us down.:D:

If i'm correct, Garcia pitched the last fireworks game and Dye hit a three-run homer that night too. I remember because I was at that game.

chisox77
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Nearly 39,000 in the house tonight. Was there to enjoy it, and for an early season game, the fans were into it pretty good.

The key point: The White Sox kept the pressure on the Twins all night long. They didn't sit back and coast on a good early lead. And to me, Freddy turned in a professional effort, where he didn't have his best stuff, yet had the "know how" to pitch effectively.

I've posted this thought several times already, but wow, the Sox have the potential to be incredibly good. It's scary to think about what this team can accomplish.

:cool:

markopat
04-22-2006, 11:41 PM
DAMN that was a fun win tonight! I love this team!

gbergman
04-23-2006, 12:06 AM
nice win to bad i had to go back to work :angry:

Ol' No. 2
04-23-2006, 12:12 AM
You really have to love it when a "bad game" by the pitching staff results in two runs.I was thinking the same thing listening to the post-game show. How spoiled have we become when 2 runs is a bad game?

The boys are making it look easy.

Pureone
04-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Nice to see JD playing great as well!

3rdgensoxfan
04-23-2006, 12:50 AM
What's nice about Thome's homeruns is that when they leave his bat, it seems like there's never a doubt that its going out. With some players, they hit the line drive home runs. With Thome, they're just gone. Go Sox!

batmanZoSo
04-23-2006, 12:52 AM
First game of the year for me. Great game. Man this team is good. This team is far better than the one that won the World Series. That doesn't mean this one will, but it means what it means. And that's pretty cool for now!

Also, I didn't know they sold wine at the park. Little Penguin shiraz rules. :gulp:

Jnjuns keep losing. They suck. They have no prayer of winning the division. Can you spell 0-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D? Sorry, but that's how I feel...uck the Findians.

:moonwalk:

:twinslose

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/ZoSoKarl/ChiefWahooTag2.jpg

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 01:53 AM
First game of the year for me. Great game. Man this team is good. This team is far better than the one that won the World Series. That doesn't mean this one will, but it means what it means. And that's pretty cool for now!

Also, I didn't know they sold wine at the park. Little Penguin shiraz rules. :gulp:

Jnjuns keep losing. They suck. They have no prayer of winning the division. Can you spell 0-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D? Sorry, but that's how I feel...uck the Findians.

:moonwalk:

:twinslose

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/ZoSoKarl/ChiefWahooTag2.jpg

What, you didn't stop by to say hi?:redneck

Awesome game.

itsnotrequired family = 2, ballpark = 1

Look for a full description tomorrow. Too tired to fill in the details right now....

StockdaleForVeep
04-23-2006, 02:29 AM
What, you didn't stop by to say hi?:redneck

Awesome game.

itsnotrequired family = 2, ballpark = 1

Look for a full description tomorrow. Too tired to fill in the details right now....
We didnt know where you were nor have a mugshot of you to identify you.

I will give pic details tomorrow hopefully but some hilights. Also tomorrow i will rant on how i hate kids at ballgames and how i dispise inconsiderate jagbags who are walking to their seats thru an entire inning and dont catch on to my "non subtle" hints to move\sit the **** down

Got several pix thru whitesox.com, batman saw a bat(animal) fly from the stands past the scoreboard, hence it was a sign from above

We had UD seats but went to fundamentals, and thru more omens\blessings a ticket appeared near the trash by the wiffleball field, it was for section 122, so this allowed us to gain access to main level and the joy of seeing the trophy

I can finally say my hex is off garcia
(saw him pitch his first game as a whitesox and a day dog day game last april, both losses)

santo=dorf
04-23-2006, 04:25 AM
I wonder if Radke still thinks these April games don't mean jack ****.

itsnotrequired
04-23-2006, 09:08 AM
We decided to take junior to last night's game. The score is now itsnotrequired family 2, ballpark 1.

:bandance:

We got there early again and hit up the Fan Deck. For any parents of infants out there, I can't stress enough what a great experience it is to take care of business before the game up on that thing. Everyone was fed and happy by 5:30 and we moved on to our seats. Last time we went, we hung out on the ramps during the intros because we felt all the action was spooking him but this time we sat through it. No problem. The game went great as well. He sat in my lap until the third inning and then he moved over to mommy. There was some fussiness during the 6th so my wife took him for a stroll over to Fundamentals. They were back at the end of the 7th and he spent the rest of the game nodding in and out of sleep.

The real test would be the post-game fireworks. By now it was after 9:00 and waaaay past his bedtime. Still, he made it through. At first he was buried in my wife's chest but she soon turned so he could see the fireworks. Talk about mesmerized! I don't think he blinked the entire time!:cool:

We hopped the Red Line home and got in the door a little before 11:00. A change and quick feeding and the little guy was out like a light. He just woke up now and we're taking of for today's game in an hour and a half. Looks like he got plenty of sleep so should be good to go. Myself? I visited the local karaoke establishment last night and am feeling it this morning. What is it about cheap beer and bad singing that draws me in?:tongue:

hawkjt
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Sounds like junior just needed a little break-in period before hitting his stride as a new sox fan. Somewhat like the team itself.

Now it should be clear sailing for the team and junior.

Go Sox

HotelWhiteSox
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
W7