PDA

View Full Version : Clemens definitely returning?

whitesoxfan1986
04-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I was watching ESPN News and they said that it's not a matter of if Clemens is coming back anymore, but a matter of which uniform he'll be wearing. They said that Texas, the Yankees, Boston, and after 5/1 Houston will all be speaking to him. Just take a wild guess at who they said he would sign with.:D:

QCIASOXFAN
04-22-2006, 05:01 PM
You can never really tell with this guy anymore, but if I would have to guess I would go with Houston because he lives there. Also they should be in pretty decent shape record wise if he comes back May 1. I don't see why he would go.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-23-2006, 12:34 PM
i hope he doesn't go back to Boston, just because those trendy fans don't deserve to have him. I remember when he went to Toronto and the fans called him a traitor and held up B-(r-sox logo)-trayal signs.

same goes for the yanks

Lou Brown
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
This sounds like more espn speculating, with no actual information coming from any club or clemens. As far as I know, the last thing clemens said is:

Speaking prior to the game between the Red Sox and Rangers, Roger Clemens said he was still leaning toward retirement.
"That's where I am right now," Clemens said. "Obviously, it's Opening Day and I'm about to put a golf visor on and I'm going to enjoy a ballgame." No one's going to believe Clemens unless he makes it official and maybe not even then. He plans to be in Houston on Tuesday night when the Astros honor the last year's NL championship team.